Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Maple Leaf posted:

I loved the Mario Kart threads back when 8/8D were initially released. I'd love to get some more goon rooms going sometime. My FC is SW-0237-3075-2140

Also, I did this eight years ago and I'll take every opportunity I can to repost it. Lemming still hasn't forgiven me, and rightly so

The replay highlights were an absolute game changer for MK8. I think anybody who has ever played this with a group of friends has 6 phenomenal clips of friends getting absolutely hosed at the finish line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Yeah, if you only care about online with randos, then I guess the answer is just don't buy it? Seeing as you can't really pick the track besides the 3 random ones?

E: I have played and got a DLC track as an option before I bought the DLC itself.

Chieves fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 23, 2022

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So I recently got MK8D with the advent of the new DLC tracks. I had it on WiiU but finally had to double dip.

In the meantime, I've been slowly going through and conquering my friend's ghosts in time trials (and thus the staff ghost by proxy). However, I've noticed that some of their times on the online list are different than the times once I've downloaded them. It isn't on every course, but when I've seen it it's almost always a 2 second gap between the listed time and the downloaded time.

Has this been happening the whole time? Just a other example of Nintendo being Nintendo when it comes to online?