Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mario Kart is probably my favorite series of all time.

I am so psyched for these new courses in Deluxe. I hadn't logged as much time with Mario Kart Wii, 7 and 8 until recently and decided to get 3 stars in every cup in Deluxe and fell in love with the game. It's now up there with Super and Double Dash as my favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I know Toad Circuit is not an interesting course but I love it's inclusion because sometimes it's fun to just drift and get purple mini turbos.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

I definitely don't instantly vote for Baby Park ever single time it shows up in rotation, why would you even ask that

Baby Park is an interesting course even if there aren't enough laps in MK8.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Rainbow Road 64 is already ruined in MK8 anyway so it happening to other courses doesn't bother me.

It's so much better in MK8 than on N64 that it's almost a shame they cut it down to 1 lap since it's not boring anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

DK Mountain IS really great, but I still prefer Wario's craziness.

Also, Double Dash allowed you to play through all of its tracks in random order in the All Cup Tour. Whole thing takes close to an hour, I think.

Other games DO do this, you play VS with random course selection on there, and set the maximum number of tracks to race on, but the All Cup Tour went one step further; your first track was always Luigi Circuit, and the final track was always Rainbow Road.

That was my favourite way to play Double Dash.

All Cup was a lot of fun with a friend. They've gotta add this as a prank when they finish releasing the DLC tracks.

DK Mountain is one of my favorite tracks. The little shortcut right before the final bridge is one of my favorites, very satisfying to get cleanly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

One thing I really don't like about MK8 is how the pause menu setup makes it easy to enable smart steering/tilt steering/auto accelerate by accident. I just had two online races in a row where it hosed me over, like suddenly realizing smart steering was on when it yanked me away from a shortcut, then comically flailing to turn it off but accidentally turning tilt steering on instead and veering off course enough that I just ended up dropping out. I hate it! :arghfist:

Took me halfway through a cup cursing why I couldn't get the purple boost to work before I realized I'd turned it on by accident.

I finally played the new courses in 200 cc and drat are they fun at this speed. Ninja Hideout is even harder :( The other ones feel better made for 200 cc than most of the original courses though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first set of courses is good but other than Waluigi Pinball, not amazing.

Everything in the Propeller cup is amazing. Sky High Sundae is the kind of mind bending course I want out of this game, Snow Land is way better than I expected and the other two are really fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
3DS Rainbow Road is one of the best tracks in the history of the franchise. There are a lot of good courses in this pack overall and some very tricky turns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I like that they added in a new ending for the DLC. That was unexpected.

Good set of courses. Bowser Castle 3 is a really cool re-imagining. Glad we got a completely authentic SNES course and an insane remake during the DLC.

I've played so much F-Zero 99 that when I loaded up the game I held down B and couldn't figure out why I wasn't moving, then kept realizing I was playing with the D-Pad instead of the stick.