Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Loved the little hypocrisy of "i pay 15% restitution but the majority of my income isn't taxed" E was right dude, you will be okay. Also liked that it ended with Les Fleurs just like Us did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I dunno I thought this episode was excellent and really liked Al's plotline. I loved how they ended on Khalil emphasizing that his way leaves the door open; we'll never know if he actually did use his money for a cause Al (and the viewer) would support, but he does get closer to doing so than Al.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like people have fallen for the "this is a show about Earn Marks, his best friends Paper Boi and Darius, and his on-and-off partner Van" bait-and-switch since season 1. this is the Don Glover and Hiro Murai Short Film Half-Hour, like it or not

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The principal actors being in a story doesn't necessarily mean the story embodies the adventures of Paper Boi n Friends, which I take as basically this image:

In past seasons we had B.A.N., where only Alfred appears in the episode's sketch show format, unconnected to a larger story; Teddy Perkins, where Darius is basically just a Lovecraft protagonist; or FUBU where they're kids and Darius and Van are absent. Both seasons have also had seemingly important plotlines that then get dropped like the Bieber feud, Van's employment status, or the Clark County tour. It's never been just a hangout show, is all I'm saying.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
with any luck this is just a Van story and doesn't explain anything about her behaviour all season

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I felt there was a reasonable amount of Paper Boi Does Europe last season (and most of it was in the Alfred plots coincidentally lol)

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CBJSprague24 posted:

I laughed too hard at the "Rally's in Georgia?" line.

There was some but not as much as I would've liked as a fan of the show; the only episodes I remember off hand are the one with Alfred and the Goofy hats and the two short films which weren't really part of the series.

It's not like other seasons where things like Invisible Car/Barbershop/Juneteenth/the Drake party/Darius tries to return an air fryer in the middle of a riot immediately come to mind.

fake edit- The Nando's episode was pretty good in S3.

For me the first episode that comes to mind is the one where Alfred ends up chopping down some billionaire's ancient tree because he ripped him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
holy gently caress WHAT was that performance