Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Christ and he kept writing for the comics, at least, the Dark Horse run. I've never read them, but from what I've read of the summaries, it's a good thing I haven't. Angel ends up with Illyria and Xander ends up with Dawn. Ugh. SUCH a crappy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I remember on my first watch, I thought Xander was a goofball, nice guy. But boring and ultimately, apart from the yellow crayon speech to Dark Willow pointless, especially when the comics and Season 5 make it so Dawn's entry rewrote the past so SHE gave Buffy CPR in the final episode of Season 1.

Now, rewatching it with my fiance, we just can't help but be sickened by Xander. It starts early, with his jealousy of Angel and his near-rape of Buffy as a hyena that he NEVER acknowledges or says sorry for, even though he was in his full faculties about the entire thing at the end (Giles hints at it). It just continues, even with him (season 4 spoiler) telling Buffy, Riley, of all people, was best for her and she should try to get him back, even if he had cheated on her with vampire suck jobs on the side. Or (season 5 spoiler) his fears of growing up to be like his parents ruining his wedding, when if he was feeling nervous, as he showed in Once More With Feeling, he should have been an adult and owned up to it before breaking poor Anya's heart in the middle of a crowd of her loved ones. Which he compounds even more by basically saying with his actions afterwards, "No, I don't want to marry you, but I still want to have sex with you, so please stay with me as a girlfriend."

I dunno. Xander almost ruins the show for me. Which makes sense, considering he's based off of Whedon, who also, after allegations have come to light, have also almost ruined the show for me.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Also isn't Xander's family poor? It's not really focused upon like with the Weasleys but Willow did ask him if his family even owed a stove or something.

I feel like they forgot about this tangent, since Xander's family clearly owns a house with a basement level for him to stay at AND they paid for the wedding.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

The comics are so, so gross about Dawn since she's subjected to a series of Body Horror-sequence plots where she is a Giant, then a Centaur, then a Living Doll. As she bonds with Xander we find out it's because she (gasp) cheated on a Demon with his roommate in college and was cursed. Dawn and the Demon have a talk and she basically says the relationship was too serious and she acted out in self-sabotage, and she's cured.
Buffy eventually ends Magic and Dawn and Xander move in together. after a series of events where the crew neglect or forget about Dawn, Willow discovers that she's fading from reality as her residual magic fades. she dissappears, and Buffy resets the Magic, allowing Willow to recast the spell that gave Dawn life. But while she retains her memories of her previous life, she comes back at what is basically Emotional Square One and finds out she doesn't care for Xander anymore.

If you know the comics, can you explain what happens with Buffy and Spike? All I know is it went from Buffy having sex with Angel after being shanshued into Twilight, to somehow being in a relationship with Spike and apparently they break up?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

I never would have even thought of that. I can't say how I will feel about Xander by the end of this but I think once Dawn comes into existence, this works so much better.

Also it just makes me think of all the interesting interactions we missed. In post-S5, Dawn was around for Angel and Faith and stuff. If she replaces Xander, she would have been with Angel when they found Buffy.

We get tiny hints and interactions, I think Angel calls Dawn at some point in AtS, but mostly it's left a mystery of what they all felt about her and her about them, at least in my memory. It always made me really curious. Then again, I seem to be alone in I've always really liked Dawn as a character

Man, I remember going to Comic Con San Diego and watching Once More With Feeling and almost the whole audience just booed and hissed and heckled whenever Dawn came out. It got so bad they had to pause it and tell people to loving cool it with the hate.

It's just the casting that's odd. The writing for Dawn in her first season is kind of like a 10 year old, which is what the writers' envisioned casting, but the actress is older and playing 13-15 I think. She's written realistically as a bratty younger sister, but drat does she expect a lot of Buffy especially when she's depressed from being ripped out of Heaven. No slack cut, just straight to WHY WON'T ANYONE PAY ATTENTION TO ME! /shoplifts. I kind of never forgave Dawn for kicking Buffy out of her own house during that last season. Christ Dawn, you're not even a real Summers unless Buffy acknowledges you as a sister and you go and betray her like that. It wasn't her place.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Oh poo poo Buffy being kicked out of her own house... My memories of S6 and how much I hated it are stronger but maybe that's just because I've plain forgotten a lot of what pissed me off about 7. Stuff like that. I think literally everyone on the planet thinks this whole thing was stupid.

I'm looking at old posts of mine on a Buffy forum about this and they are admittedly super cringe and hyperbolic. But I sand by what I said back then - the Potentials are the most ungrateful and unlikable characters in the show.

As for Dawn, I guess I'm just kinda contrarian sometimes. I always liked Connor too and he's basically the Dawn of AtS. Oddly, folks really hate the kid character in these shows where at least one of them is about kids.

The Potentials... the frumpier they were, the nicer they were to tolerate. The one played by Felicia Day, Violet, was pretty cool. So was Amanda. Lamentably, I don't know if the writers just had no minorities or they hated them, but Rona and Kennedy were the most ungrateful, mean-spirited girls and it broke my heart, since they were the black and Mexican girls. Also, Chao-Ahn had some real hosed up jokes set up for her just due to language barrier, which also seems a little racist to me.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I will say, I don't know how long it takes to film an episode or anything and I know actors are humans and allowed to change their appearance, but drat there's one season where Emma Caulfield changes her hair practically every episode and as a woman, that's an easy thing to catch and kinda takes you out of the episode, wondering, "How did this ex-vengeance demon afford to go to the salon to switch up the tone of blonde on her hair and get it cut or permed EVERY day?"

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Spike has entered the series.

Honestly, I'm of two minds on the character. For one, I think of Spike more as an antihero than a villain. It's actually kind of a long nerd debate about who the "Big Bad" of S2 is, him or Angelus. At the same time, I adore him ad Dru. Juliet Landau was an amazing addition to the cast that kinda gets overshadowed in the fandom and the show itself by Marsters/Spike. Not that the character of Spike or his actor were bad, Spike and Dru works great because of both of them. I just feel like Dru gets neglected after a point. Her character has no real resolution in this or Angel and she's demoted to Spike's old fling in some later reason to drive home the Spike/Buffy romance. But here, she's way more of an intimidating villain than Spike - Spike is trying way too hard. And in this season she is treated as s serious threat in her own right but that is all forgotten later.

Yeah, I see him as an antihero too. The best summary of his character was given by Tara in Season 5 when they were discussing Quasimodo.

"WILLOW: I just don't see why he couldn't end up with Esmerelda. They could have the wedding right there. Beneath the very bell-tower where he labored thanklessly for all those years.

TARA: No, see, it can't, it can't end like that, 'cause all of Quasimodo's actions were selfishly motivated. He had no moral compass, no understanding of right. Everything he did, he did out of love for a woman who would never be able to love him back. Also, you can tell it's not gonna have a happy ending when the main guy's all bumpy."

sad question posted:

It's a somewhat ham handed character but the poo poo that comes out of his mouth is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcgKHs-RBkU

Spoilers for his eventual fate.

I love this video so much. drat, Snyder was a beast. I loved him in Band Candy; we finally saw him as a teen instead of hating teens.

Randallteal posted:

When I was a teenager I liked season 6 the best because it was the darkest and most serialized, but when I rewatched the show a few years ago I hated how much every character gets driven into the mud. It felt like the whole show was depressed (also the hooked on magic / magic drug dealer subplot is the dumbest thing that ever happened in the show.)

As an adult I liked 3 the best. The Mayor's great, the comedy's on point, and Spike works best as a recurring villain. Also you get a lot more Buffy and the core trio in the show in the early seasons and Sarah Michelle Gellar was always the best at delivering the sarcastic quips.

At my first watch of Buffy, when I was younger, I liked Season 6 the best because at the time, I was suffering from depression and really understood the depths of sadness in SMG's acting. It was good. Not to mention Spike's my favorite character after Buffy and the sexcapades between them were choice.

Now, as an adult, I like 5 the best. Not only do you get the development of Spike as a character, but you see what I think should have been the true conclusion of BtVS.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

I dunno, I've just watched Dead Things with a friend, and even if I didn't know how this season ended for Spike he's way over the line in this one. Isolating his girlfriend from her friends, encouraging her to engage in destructive behaviour, attempting to make her dependent on her through ~*shared trauma*~ (actually emotional blackmail).

Spike 1.0 is very much a villain. 2.0 is pretty much a straight up hero, but he's basically a completely different character, like Angelus / Angel.

A straight-up hero doesn't have the difficulties being a hero that Spike does, namely the trigger from the First causing some deaths AND Robin's almost death in that cross-filled cabin. A Straight-up hero also does things for unselfish motivations. Spike's never been good to be good. His last season he's still good just for Buffy. I'd argue on Angel he's good to be good.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

No wonder Whedon was so frustrated with Spike. It totally ruins the whole "vampire = evil" thing he had running. Even if you're not being evil for selfish motivations, like you loving someone and wanting to please them, it's still being good. Then doing it in their memory when you have nothing to gain from it takes away the selfishness and makes that summer Buffy's gone and he's taking care of Dawn and the Scoobies good simply for the sake of it.

Personally, I think Noxon and the writing gang wrote in the Seeing Red attempted rape as the big "See, he's EVIL, no matter what, you can't be good without a soul."

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

roomtone posted:

just went and checked, it's a remix of believe by cher that she's actually listening to. same kind of thing.

Wasn't that a bigger club song and a gay anthem at the time? So much more acceptable that fuddy duddy Celine Dion.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I used to love this show, but I really felt like it should have wrapped with S5. Or if it continued, they should not have gone about resurrecting SMG. Angel was fun, but I also remember abandoning it somewhere only to come back for the finale.

Basically it holds a fond spot in my memory, but I like many, have been wary about revisiting it.

Having Buffy the Vampire Slayer the series turn into Faith the Vampire Slayer would have been a little jarring, but unlike Dollhouse where Dushku doesn't seem like she can act some of the roles her Doll was supposed to inhabit, she ALWAYS knew how to play Faith well. I would have been pleased to watch that show about Faith finding redemption in Sunnydale.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Well, count me as one of the only Spuffy shippers on this thread then. But then again, it's a trend for me. I always prefer the devil-may-care, humor-filled option (In True Blood, Erik Northman, and in Vampire Diaries, Damon Salvatore) to the broody, misery-guts option. And, it was mentioned earlier, but Angel falls for buffy when she was 14/15 in LA with Merrick. That's loving creepy. At least Spike/Buffy happened during college-age Buffy.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

It's the opposite of the Buffy subreddit, then. That place is very hardcore pro-Spike and it's honestly a bit tiring. I've seen the opinion "Angel was only good in his own show" for years but I didn't expect that on a Buffy forum. If a person personally dislikes the character whatever but it's always framed in objective "nobody liked him and he wasn't even a real character." He got his own spinoff because nobody liked him...?

To say nothing of the popular sentiment that poor, generic Riley is the worst character ever, right down there with Kennedy or something.

Any rival to Spike is pure garbage.

Riley was just boring. And a cheater. But he's not the worst character... that honor'd probably go to Kennedy for me.

I will say I never fell in love with Angel 'til Season 5 of Angel, after he'd basically become a different character than the one he portrayed on Buffy. Also, I might be one of the only people here that actually liked Cordelia/Angel. I dunno, I think Angel deserves to be happy and the happiest and most open with his personality he was was with Cordy. He was both Angelus and Angel with her and though both don't love her, one does.

Although in hindsight, that's also a good argument for Darla/Angel, since Angelus loves her.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 21, 2022

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1MTgRRqOyU

This dance taken from "Bad Girls" the episode I'm on right now

Holy poo poo! I got into X-Men because of this cartoon series and always loved this dance scene. It wasn't until way later in my life that I got into BtVS. I never made the connection that this scene was basically Buffy and Faith. Mind. BLOWN.

As for what you said previously if that was the case, why would Angelus care that the Immortal slept with Darla? Personally, I think the Judge said he doesn't have humanity because there was nothing left to tie him to humanity, considering Angel had killed off Darla.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

There's been a lot of talk in here about romantic relationships - and those do matters a lot - but I think one thing a lot of us appreciate more now is the non-romantic ones. Stuff like the end of "Choices" when Willow decides to stay in Sunnydale and Buffy tackles her with joy, or how Willow holds Buffy after Angel's break up Their friendship, and Buffy's father/daughter relationship with Giles just seems so much mreo meaningful to me now than it used to.

Really? I've found, besides some of Willow's actions for Buffy, ultimately Giles, Xander, and Willow want a perfect Buffy in their mind's eye. It's why it goes so badly when Spike's revealed to be someone she slept with and why in the last season they find it so easy to kick her out of her own house in the middle of an apocalypse. She forgives them for WAY more poo poo than they seem to ever give her slack for.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

Yeah I haven't mentioned her but mainly because I just don't know what the heck is the point of her character. Why did they turn her into a rat? I wonder if there's any actual explanation. At least Earshot gave Jonathan a real purpose and I remember his end.

I don't think "nerds are subhuman trash" is exactly groundbreaking social commentary. More like the default opinion of most people at the time.

Anyway, five episodes into Season 4 now.
1. It's so wild to compare Season 1 Episode 1 Willow to Season 4 Episode 1 Willow. She has truly blossomed and it's really great to see when you've watched all the episodes together like this. It was a good, steady, believable progression.

2. Buffy as a character is so much more compelling to me as an adult than she was when I as younger. I distinctly remember talking with a friend of mine about this, and he said main characters are often more restricted than side characters. Willow and Spike and Wesley can fundamentally change but as the center of the show Buffy has limits she's working within. But while she doesn't have big "change her character forever" moments, she really doesn't need them. Her character matures plenty, goes through a lot of changes and trials, but she always remains Buffy and that's pivotal to why she is so compelling. She doesn't need radical character shifts.

3. I forgot Spike's return in S4 wasn't when the Initiative grabbed him but rather with this gem thing and poor Harmony. She might be evil but his treatment of her just ain't right. It reminds me of watching an episode of Charmed with a roommate many years ago where some girl was torturing demons and the show didn't really seem to care. Just because something is pure evil doesn't permit you to be evil to it. Some fiction misses this but Buffy didn't here.

4. "Beer Bad" one of the infamous episodes written by Tracey Forbes that I mentioned earlier. It....could have been worse. Cavewoman Buffy is fun, Bartender Xander is fun, punching Parker is fun.

Yeah, Spike treated Harmony like less than dirt. Tossed her around everywhere, insulted her every chance he got, and just used her for sex. It's one of those things that isn't improved in AtS because he just gets recorporalized and does it again. Not to mention, I think in the comics he gets back together with her at Faith's hint. That and when Buffy's digging around his brain, his sexiest image is Harmony in lingerie. If she weren't so dumb, they'd be pretty good together, all things considered.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

I mentioned in the OP that the 90s were a golden age for Fantasy TV shows.

Did anybody here watch Highlander, Xena, etc.? I mainly have an interest in Xena because I watched Hercules a lot growing up but it was Xena that ended up being the vaguely more respectable, memorable show. And yet I never saw much of Xena at all.

Came to my mind again thanks to this article and specifically this quote:

Of course Xena was quite a bit more sexualized. The contrast came to mind and made me think "Maybe I should finally get around to watching this other cult 90s Female-led Fantasy show."

I ain't watching Highlander: The Raven, though.

I watched Xena with my dad when I was a kid. I don't know how it holds up now, but I remember the later seasons being ROUGH. It was while they were still based in Greece that the show was cute.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Oasx posted:

As I see it Spike loves Buffy, and he wants to be a good person for her sake. And because of his unique turn as a vampire he is able to come close. But he is still lacking a soul, and no matter how hard he may try he can't break free from his nature.
It also makes sense that his character is a bit inconsistent. with all the different writers on the show, and I doubt Whedon or anyone else ever sat down and thought about how exactly he works.

I think that is pretty normal, fandom or at least the vocal part never likes the vanilla relationships, Riley is underrated and for sure the best option for anyone wanting a serious relationship. But he's not exactly Spike or Angel.
It's like Veronica Mars, who ships her with Piz even though he is the sensible option?

I dunno. The kind of guy who cheats on you with vampire whores, then sets an ultimatum for you instead of, I dunno, APOLOGIZING on bended knee isn't a good choice either.

I just can't think of Riley as a nice guy. That sort of thing is really lovely to do and risky, considering he could have been turned and then Buffy would have had to stake him, if lucky, or if not, she would have invited him into her home and he may have killed Dawn or her.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

NikkolasKing posted:

"Fool for Love"

I think maybe Spike is simply a victim of inconsistent writing or contrasting interpretations by writers. The one here who sees Buffy crying and comforts her but not in an overly forceful or sexual way, the intentional "you're beneath me" between the girl William liked and Buffy, all points to having our hearts bleed for him But they shouldn't. The reason Buffy says he's beneath her is because he's a murderer. He's still the ame person he was when he killed a bunch of people and he still relishes it in this very episode. I dunno, maybe he's just too comple a character for my brain to process but it really does feel like there's a tug of war between" feel bad for Spike" and "he's a monster." And I know for a fact some writers did think Soulless Spike was 100% evil - I got some quotes on it in one of my Buffy books where it was brought up discussing the aftermath of Seeing Red. (it was nuclear, apparently)

I think this was around the time he was saying he'd changed and a part of me often wonders how different it would have been had Buffy given him a chance. I know she can't because then it flies into the logic of the show. Vampires with no soul = BAD, must be staked and Joss was quite clear in Seeing Red that in his mythos, this sticks no matter what. But the inconsistent writing really does make the think... had he had Buffy guiding him positively, wouldn't it have worked? I mean, in the comics, he loses his soul for a bit and is still doing good and still accepts it back instead of just saying deuces and being a prick again.

I want to hear about the aftermath of Seeing Red.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Yeah... I never said they were GOOD.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I just got this on Facebook and it reminded me of this thread.

I've only seen that episode once and have never noticed this reaction. That's actually really cute.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Angel has a history of going after young girls. Angelus turned Drusilla while she was taking her vows to become a nun and still lived with her parents. She looked teen too.

If you want vampire media where age matters, try What We Do In The Shadows. In the film, one of the vampires pines for an old woman and in the series, it's mentioned one was turned when he was a teen, but it's Matt Berry, so it was the olden days and people aged severely and HARD.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

roomtone posted:

I don't think it's a popular opinion but I always liked him best with Darla. In S2 and 3 of Angel when she has her humanising episodes they actually feel like a couple with a lot of history. I don't wish they put them together long term or anything, because part of what I like is how lived-in and already broken the relationship feels, but it does work on a fundamental dynamics and performance level for me. In a different version of the show you could've had Darla survive the birth, Connor be some kind of demon or whatever, and have Darla revisit with a different arc later in the show or something. But her arc resolution was good, even if it led to the worst period of the show.

The thing is, by S5 of Buffy, Buffy's matured so much that she and Angel fit much better together, but you never see them together again except for one scene in 5x17 which is up there with the best scenes they ever had, and a crappy scene in Buffy S7 which is just there for fan service.

Cordelia and Angel never worked, not the way they did it, which was to change both characters so much they aren't even themselves anymore. I think if they had stuck true to the actual characters, it MIGHT have worked as a sort of contrasting personalities thing, but at the same time, I really liked their earlier friendship dynamic. There was just no need.

I generally like Angel better as a loner with a small group of friends/associates, though. I just think he's cooler that way. The Angel series really lost that aspect of him in the latter half.

Well he DOES end up with a god-knows-how-many-year-old former High Demon, Illyria, so maybe that relationship worked? I dunno, I just think it's gross he's banging Fred's former body.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Khanstant posted:

when they get round to rebooting Buffy, the new Buffy should simply be a 200 year old woman

I'm interested in the new Boom! comics that have rebooted Buffy and Angel into present day, cellphones included in their capers. I'm also interested in the Boom! comic that has Buffy as an old woman.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Remember David Boreanaz's lovely Irish accent? Holy crap am I glad they didn't reinforce that for the character for Buffy S1-2 and Angel. It was so bad, especially considering the other foreign accents, from Giles' real English accent to Spike's fake Cockney-jibes.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That giant gently caress-off book got SO much power in the comics. To write in it meant to change reality to fit what you wrote. WTF. I'm glad Buffy and Angel didn't continue. To have no impediments in a comic makes the writing go up its own rear end.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

roomtone posted:

ahahaha, i see. they did try in 2002 - okay, well that was a different era. they should try again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUvZP7-5LM

For those who haven't seen it, here was the mock-up. Even if it doesn't have Sarah Michelle Gellar's voice, it still was a pretty good match.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

On Target's Buy 2, Get 1 Free book sale, I took advantage and bought a ton of Buffy Boom! comics. They only go up to 4 on that site and the side comics, but I'm looking forward to having them, maybe posting here sometimes about them.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Still astounds me that SMG auditioned for Cordelia and got the lead and Charisma Carpenter auditioned for Buffy and got Cordelia Chase. In some alternate universe, they got both of them in the roles they auditioned for. Wonder how that would've looked?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Speaking of Cordy, I saw this and immediately agreed with the sentiment:

Willow has never been my favorite since the college years. She's inherently selfish and motivated by what she thinks is best for everyone, imposing her own will on things, literally.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

True Blood had astoundingly attractive werewolves that just turned into wolves when they wanted to. That was a good one.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

[cries in Teen Wolf]

That design wouldn't have worked with Buffy because the prosthetics (besides the hair) look SUPER similar to Buffy's vampire makeup. The lumpies and the teeth are the same.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

So I read the Buffy in the future comics where she's old. I'd recommend them. For one, it's set in an alternate universe where Tara lived(s?). For another, it answers the age-old question, do Slayers age? Finally it introduces a world where vampires live in eternal darkness since the sun died and basically have a truce/rule over humans. It's good.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Xealot posted:

In what way has the Sun died? Seems like that'd have some pretty bad repercussions for everything on Earth, in a thermodynamic and gravitational sense...

The same way everything hard is explained on the show: magic. Apparently, it did wonders for the agricultural industry, which learned to use technology to have bumper crops of avocados year round.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I was rewatching S5E6, Family, and I just feel awful about the missed opportunity it could have been to have Tara be part demon. I mean, apart from Clem and Oz, the Buffy gang treat ALL demons like poo poo and we know from Angel and creatures like Doyle and Lorne that even being part demon or full demon doesn't mean that part of you that's good is snuffed out. Hell, it proves that you don't need a soul to be good in the first place.

Edit: Hell, Anya even mentions that some demons are useful members of society and it seems like the team is backing her up, but the writers don't SHOW that to other "demons" and even Anya is shunned once she becomes a Vengeance Demon again.

Also, Amy Adams as a side-side-SIDE-character is hilarious. Even in the Office she played a larger role.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 21, 2022

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

New to me too! I just looked him up:

https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Edward_(The_Freshman)

He's got such a baby face without the facial hair!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I just found out Oz was supposed to be killed by Angelus, but the character had too much potential, so they killed off Jenny instead. WOAH!

Can you imagine how different things would have been had Oz been the one to die? Would Willow have even WANTED to bring Angel back with a spell?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

As it was, I noticed when he left, came back, and left again. Seth Green's got pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I know vampires=always bad unless they have a soul was the unspoken rule on the show, but I'm surprised none of the cast got turned into vampires and had that explained off. I mean, hell, it happens on Vampire Diaries to everyone except a witch and Matt, who means nothing. The closest we get is Buffy turning into a vampire in her nightmare and Wish-verse Vampire-Willow and Vampire-Xander. But those don't count because it's still someone else.