Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I've never played DDLC - the concept never agreed with me - but I am looking forward to this DDLC DLC. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Antistar01 posted:

her head's bigger than her torso...

It's the hair.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

The common 10-yen coin is mostly made of copper, or I'd suspect a magnet.

Also, I'm 80% sure Kokkuri-san was the inspiration for Reaper Creeper from The World Ends With You:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

If it's any consolation, the forum archiver is broken.

Threads haven't been being archived for years.

PS: You could email baldurk and see if he's willing to help sort things out. The LP Archive is ultimately his show, and while he's pretty busy (thus the formatting requirements, so he can automate the process), you can get a lot of doors open by asking nicely.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 19, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hey, quick heads up.

When Hisao's mom's dialogue is condensed into one block, her portrait markers are still present:

quote:

MOM: Mmmhm. I once dated someone with depression, and it wasn't easy. mom It's one of the hardest things to watch someone we love suffer like that. mom And we just don't understand it when they say such negative things about themselves.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Awww. :3:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Explopyro posted:

(explanation of the mechanics of antidepressants)

This is kind of fascinating from a pharmacological perspective.

Background: I started experiencing depression / depressive episodes with the odd bout of anxiety thrown in starting in my third year of university, and continuing through my graduate program. (I have a suspicion that I inherited the tendency for this from one side of my family; I also have a suspicion that the intense workload of 3rd/4th year courses may have done my head in in some indefinable way.)

I then spent several years not realizing I had depression. Once I figured it out, I ended up looking around for solutions and found 5-HTP.

5-HTP (5-hydroxytryptophan) is a modified version of the amino acid tryptophan. Your body metabolizes it into serotonin, and it can get into the brain. So taking one is basically airdropping a bunch of serotonin into your brain.

The catch: 5-HTP is sold over the counter, so it doesn't really come with a user's manual, apart from what I could google up about drug interactions (don't take with antidepressants, antiepileptic medications, or some cough syrups - there may be others) and not taking too many too quickly. So I had to figure out how to use it.

I ended up using it as "point defense"; when I determined I was experiencing a depressive or anxious episode, I'd take one. What came as a surprise was that it acted very quickly, roughly on the order of 30 minutes after taking one.

Fortunately, my head seems to be of the type where once serotonin is airdropped in, it'll let it hang around and I'll start feeling... OK again.

But it's interesting that antidepressants and 5-HTP act on the same mechanism, but they do so so relatively quickly vs. slowly.

(PS: Once things were controlled there I was able to address some underlying confounding factors, like my sleep schedule. I'm doing well now. And if something goes wrong I can contain it in a hurry.)

PPS to Falconier: do not archive this, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Beautiful. :allears: