Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
Oh hey, I wasn't aware this mod existed. DDLC, perhaps due to timing and personal circumstances, hit me hard. The Sayori gut-punch left me off balance enough to genuinely feel powerless in the face of the second run despite how silly it comes off out of context. It felt like one of the most effective pieces of writing I've read. I probably shouldn't have ignored the warnings, but I'm still glad I did.

Looking forward to a more in-depth exploration of the mental health of the cast, the nature of the base game meant they could only really brush the surface of things. Hoping to see some good endings here too. The characters deserve it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
I'm reading through the Katawa Shoujo thread now (thanks to this thread bringing it to my attention) so forgive me if anything I say in the meantime has been brought up before. Also don't mind me if I ramble, I often have the choice of writing stream of consciousness or agonizing over getting a post right so much that I don't write anything at all.

People instinctively assume the way they experience the world is the default, and something that would work for them would work for everyone. So they hear of a problem, and go "Oh hey, I know how I would deal with that!" and get upset when you try to explain why that's not going to work in your case. As funny as it is to give advice right after saying that, I've found that a better approach is active listening. Listen to what someone is saying and reflect. Make them feel heard. That alone makes a huge difference in a lot of cases.

On the opposite side of things, some people have disabilities and don't realize because of the same issue. They experience the world one way, so they assume that's just how everyone is. One example I hold near and dear to my heart, was when I was talking to my parents about my face-blindness and partial aphantasia. I said that if I closed my eyes, I couldn't picture their faces even though they were my parents. My mother responded "That's normal, nobody can do that".

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
You have my permission to use my posts in this thread going forward unless I specifically say otherwise

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
The only real nod to being in Japan that I can remember from the original was Natsuki joking that Monika must love squid because her name is Mon-ika, which makes Monika break the fourth wall a bit confusing everyone else.

JeffRaze
Mar 13, 2021
Okay, caught up. I got midway through the confession update, and couldn't read further for a while. I've always found second hand embarrassment very hard to deal with and felt certain it was coming. It's even harder to deal with in a romantic context. So I didn't read any further for a while. The issue with that being that not doing something I plan to do for a bit makes it a Thingᵀᴹ and it's staggeringly difficult to get back to it at that point.

Unfortunately, I see more issues coming. Sayori's going to think Hisao'd be better off with Yuri and that's going to be a nightmare of miscommunication.