Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Even if he did it he should get away with it because the opposition is the Chicago pd. However it's funny to think Smollett had himself beat up to prop up his career, and it seems like the kind of very dumb scheme a desperate c list celebrity would come up with. I hope they make a madcap black comedy about his misadventures and he gets a lot of money so he wins in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Nix Panicus posted:

it seems like the kind of very dumb scheme a desperate c list celebrity would come up with. I hope they make a madcap black comedy about his misadventures and he gets a lot of money so he wins in the end.

well, there is a guy who amputated his own arm so he could more convincingly play a disabled veteran on TV

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

Even if he did it he should get away with it because the opposition is the Chicago pd. However it's funny to think Smollett had himself beat up to prop up his career, and it seems like the kind of very dumb scheme a desperate c list celebrity would come up with. I hope they make a madcap black comedy about his misadventures and he gets a lot of money so he wins in the end.

like a lovely better call saul subplot

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Atrocious Joe posted:

I did not believe Smollett would actually order an invasion of Ukraine

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

I did not believe Smollett would actually order an invasion of Ukraine

I agree - this is definitely the most shocking part of the Smollett case, at least for me. I don't think anyone was expecting Jussie to not only call for the armed forces of Russia invade Ukraine, but for them to actually follow his command. Was Empire more popular in Russia than we had believed?

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

the dude outed the Fantastic Nigerian Bodybuilding Bros, reduced the credibility of future hate crime victims, and gave the CPD a public "win". He sucks

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
he didn't do it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
wasting CPD resources is in fact the highest form of praxis

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious posted:

he didn't do it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The real criminal is whatever parents would take an innocent baby and give it a name like "jussie"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

ikanreed posted:

The real criminal is whatever parents would take an innocent baby and give it a name like "jussie"

drat

yeah

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

ikanreed posted:

people find different names appealing, that’s ok.

Siblings: Jurnee Smollett, Jake Smollett, Jojo Smollett, Jocqui Smollett, Jazz Smollett

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Private Cumshoe posted:

wasting CPD resources is in fact the highest form of praxis

It’s not a waste if they get a publicized conviction and can sue the guy recover the costs of the investigation. That’s literally the opposite of wasting their resources actually

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

mawarannahr posted:

people find different names appealing, that’s ok.

Siblings: Jango SmollFett, Jike Smollett, Jojimbo Smollett, Lawn Jocqui Smollett, Jazzhands Smollett

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Juche Smollett

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Suspicious posted:

he didn't do it

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

It’s not a waste if they get a publicized conviction and can sue the guy recover the costs of the investigation. That’s literally the opposite of wasting their resources actually

and Jussie ends up in jail, that's praxis

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

SorePotato posted:

Juche Smollett

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

why did jake smollett get so unlucky?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is great content
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1504241376732590082?s=20&t=GOtuHEKtGZf2IMcU_VTX6w

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
class reductionism is undefeated

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

ikanreed posted:

do you think he gets mad if you call him "juicy"

also jussie smollet probably shouldnt go to jail tbh who cares

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
He needs a ticker tape parade

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

the one pic of the brothers every news story used kicks so much rear end

these guys rule

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
just lmao if you believe the chicago loving pd over jussie

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Suspicious posted:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

class reductionism is undefeated

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Varinn posted:

the one pic of the brothers every news story used kicks so much rear end

these guys rule
the boys

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Suspicious posted:

I believe the Fantastic Nigerian Bodybuilding Bros (FNBB) :hai:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo
I too unquestionably believe what people who've been interrogated by the CPD for 16 hours have to say, yes

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I too unquestionably believe what people who've been interrogated by the CPD for 16 hours have to say, yes

That's cool, but I wasnt talking about Jussie

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao if the Cpd is so corrupt that they reflexively framed him for a crime he actually committed just because they don’t know any other way to make a case

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

honestly this is the perfect opportunity to beat the guy up. anyone else want in?

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

lmao if the Cpd is so corrupt that they reflexively framed him for a crime he actually committed just because they don’t know any other way to make a case

this is why this thing is so loving funny

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

christmas boots posted:

I choose to believe this is what happened

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

christmas boots posted:

There's no way they could resist the trifecta of gay black immigrants, in any case. The police coercion instincts just kicked in.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Suspicious posted:

If Chicago PD told me the sky was blue I'd get suspicious

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
they aren't immigrants, both brothers were born in chicago. also i think it was 39 hours of interrogation not 16, wasn't it?

also how did the cops 'frame' smollett , ive never heard a theory on that besides 'they framed him'. im sure the hypothetical motive may have been wrong but that isnt a frame job

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 15:09 on Mar 17, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

mastershakeman posted:

they aren't immigrants, both brothers were born in chicago. also i think it was 39 hours of interrogation not 16, wasn't it?

also how did the cops 'frame' smollett , ive never heard a theory on that besides 'they framed him'. im sure the hypothetical motive may have been wrong but that isnt a frame job

Mostly comes from the two trainer brothers having gone into a blacksite that cpd has been known to operate, but it was spooky at the time because news reported they went to Nigeria, and lmao rofl lololololol they had no ties to Africa we were just told that because they had the hard gay bodybuilder muscles, but they wernt gay with Jussie pre-trial I remember the tmz article, but then in the trial they both describe going to bath houses to J/O with each other and lmao lol

That coming out concurrently with the Ghislaine trial was a comedy nexus. I have no idea what to believe when I read a Jussie Smolette story but I know it will be delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

they aren't immigrants, both brothers were born in chicago.

They also don't identify as gay, but that wouldn't make a difference to cops.