Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I always feel like "I'm unhappy because I'm just too smart and know too much, just like my hero rick sanchez" type claims feel really hollow, like it's a shortcut to attribute the bad elements of your life to your best qualities so you never have to or could work on them.

My child just had their evaluation done by his school district. He is well past three standard deviations from the mean in verbal comprehension, visual spatial, fluid reasoning and working memory.

Do you know what that means? Everything happens out of order. The volume on everything is turned up. There are gaps between what his brain can do incredibly well and only normally. These are intensely frustrating. Combined with ADHD and the acute effects of the two pandemic years that means it’s a struggle for him to emotional regulate, even with his meds. I’m literally signing his special education evaluation like after posting this.

gently caress you OOCC. gently caress you for always posting about poo poo you don’t know a goddamn thing about.

Executive functioning differences, especially large ones gently caress one’s poo poo up. It doesn’t really matter which direction they occur in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Less knowledge that is noise.
More knowledge that is rooted in meaning and connection.