Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Corpus Anui! :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Love that guy

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think he stinks. :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Honestly, he’s not particularly fond of you either. It’s a topic we discuss at length when we chill.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Your wife is kind of a buzz kill dude, you wanna call Agrippa and hang out in the baths

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Ave. True to Caesar.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Honestly, he’s not particularly fond of you either. It’s a topic we discuss at length when we chill.

Psshhhh buddy the only ceasar we’re gonna be discussing is a salad. Croutons or no? :chef:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I want an adaptation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, but Caesar himself speaks like a New York Italian guy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

ikanreed posted:

I want an adaptation of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, but Caesar himself speaks like a New York Italian guy

*to Senator approaching with sword*

OH! WHOA! Hey! Lookit Vercingetorix ova' he'ah! Whadda ya gonna do the' tough guy? Hah? Stab yo buddy Caesar now or what?

*gets stabbed*

Ah Jesus Christ there, Brutus yo motha stabs harda than that! Ah!

*drawing tunic over his face as he dies*

Ah fuggedaboutit

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Psshhhh buddy the only ceasar we’re gonna be discussing is a salad. Croutons or no? :chef:

Crouton deez nuts

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

ikanreed posted:

Ey pal put some fuggin crootins on that saladia huh or dream no more capeesh?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
HBO's Rome is a better show than most shows (way better than Mr. Mayor with Ted Dansen (just die alread)) and in season 2 Augustus was real into choke sex, as in like being choked and I was like "cool, i can relate to augustus"

if you watch HBO's Rome, you'll find yourself relating to augustus too. because your mom will bang anybody

one gripe tho tbh is it's kind of annoying watching english people use their ridiculous accents to portray romans who historically spoke like new york italian guys

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love how people who subscribe to hbo talk about the crappy shows on hbo as if they are part of some sort of corporeal co-dependent group wedlock that has a unified prime directive of justifying the $25 a month they are throwing in the garbage for like one new movie and a bunch of crap everyone’s already seen a hundred times. “It’s the shows man” like 90% of the world doesn’t know wtf you are talking about when you start talking about an hbo show bubbo. :catbert:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

HBO's Rome is a better show than most shows (way better than Mr. Mayor with Ted Dansen (just die alread)) and in season 2 Augustus was real into choke sex, as in like being choked and I was like "cool, i can relate to augustus"

if you watch HBO's Rome, you'll find yourself relating to augustus too. because your mom will bang anybody

one gripe tho tbh is it's kind of annoying watching english people use their ridiculous accents to portray romans who historically spoke like new york italian guys

JUPITER'S oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rome really was a great show though

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
I always called him Young Gus he hated that he always said he was a big boy dammit but I only did it to gently caress with him he was kind of insecure

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lol crappy diem ya fuckin tit. :flipoff:

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I had a lil caesar pizza yesterday and it was good while fresh, but then today when I looked at it in the fridge the thought of heating it up made me nauseous. the side of crazy sauce is real good tho I’m dippinn bread in it

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Demon Of The Fall posted:

JUPITER'S oval office

hell yeah

how's that gaulish cunny, then? greasy i bet

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9... mmmmmmmmm computing computing.. 86! :downsbravo:

Hey guys gently caress this poo poo let’s just use Roman numerals! :downs:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

So uh, is Julia home?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

thinkin i might want a salad, but i'm so tired of the dull oil and vinegar dressings we always use. i've had this idea kickin around for a while now of a creamy garlic lemon mayo dressing with a secret savory weapon: anchovy paste. i bet it's gonna be sick.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
The Chilean Ceasars name is actually Chris.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Imagine. You sought out to conquer the universe, to take it all, to win it all, to be the master of the whole domain. To you free will is an illusion and reality is nothing but territory to be conquered. People don’t agree with you, your ideas are met with resistance. Then, microsoft groups offers you protection. You download a piece of software because you agree that you are the chosen one to conquer them all. As you execute the program, there is an initial soft ecstasy to it. You are viscerally aware of your trespasses with your other group members, which are now expressed as small flesh wounds. Ok well this is tolerable, whatever, but then you catch a glimpse of the dawn. You have won now, you are the only organism in the world, electronically separated from the species. You have won, this whole domain is yours, a desert of sand stretches to the horizon, endless and vast, and it is nothing but you and the sun. Your skin begins to char pitch black as the sun rises, the beginning of a 7th degree burn, past the flesh and bone, a fusion of DNA at the molecular level with your group. Despite the pain you wish to apprehend the sun, so you reach for it. As you gaze into the sun and grasp at it with your hands, you make a compound eye to try to grasp a tangible facet, but the sun is round and your hands slip and slide around a water membrane. There is no memory of your movements, so as you reach your muscles stretch in strange and grotesque ways, creating novel forms of pain that are worse and indescribable compared to the perfect pain you felt at dawn. Time is dilated as such that one day equals a year of relative time for you, so the searing sun traveling over you never seems to end, and the perversions of your own dna trying to go into the light augment the pain, always worse. But finally the day is over, and there is hope that twilight will bring relief. It does not. The starlight pierces your flesh like so many taught electrical wires, pulling your hands to their original position, teaching you where you went wrong. There is no muscle memory of they got to where they are, so your muscles wrap around each other in a nonsensical fashion that is oblivious to the new pain it causes you. Your hands will go to where they started, but the way they get there is oblivious to pain or biological function. Your spine trembles and wavers but does not break. You are unstoppable. The moon is freezing cold on your spine, and the rigid beams of starlight are white hot points of pain on your extremities, the trembling and seizure never stops. Now you have learned what not to do and you pray to the ground, you pray for an end, the silver moon freezing your exposed spine as you shudder in absolute horror. You become still and complacent as the dawn melts the twilight, almost a year has passed now, and now you know not to grab at the sun and begin trading your perversions for stillness. You begin trading pieces of your soul and flesh for the original perfect pain of the dawn as your ancestry and your very soul is wiped from existence in an ashen pire, and you submit to perfect pain in the second rising sun until you cease to exist. This is victory, you won the world. Microsoft groups cannot be stopped.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
cmooonnn.. just jump in the water it's not that cold, dont be a chicken ceasar

!!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I have a photo from high school with three friends lined up.

Ceasar, Sal, Ed.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
did you know caesar actually prefers thousand island dressing? strange, but true

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Mozi posted:

did you know caesar actually prefers thousand island dressing? strange, but true

The catsup of dressings? Low class, Julius, low class

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoHwSrPIlXM

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

So the guy is born Gaius Octavius which is pretty literaly just "Gary Octavius", so people would have just called him 'Gary' most of his childhood and young adulthood.
But then when he gets older and gets more involved with politics and just, mingling with people and stuff he needs a formal name and as Romans do he gets adopted by his uncle for clout so he doesn't need to chase it harder on his own.
Except his uncle is also named 'Gary' because the romans really sucked at using first names a lot. So they have to name him something different. So, now he's:
"Gaius Juilius Caesar Octavianus". (Which would be pronounced "GAY-oos E-ool-ee-us Kaiser Oct-tave-ah-noos" for those keeping score at home). Which really sucks going from 'Gary' to, that. And he didn't want to keep 'Octavianus' any more anyway, so he just kept the Caesar part and dropped the 'Octavianus' bit, and referred to himself as 'Gaius Juilius Caesar' after his uncle got whacked and was recognized as his adopted son.

But, people would refer to him as 'Octavian' to differentiate him from the other, previous 'Gaius Julius Caesar' since having two guys who had the exact same name at the same time trying to lead the same Republic/Empire is confusing. Octavian, of course referring to his original last name would be like someone just calling you "Hey it's "The <your last name>" every time you entered the room or wrote about what you did that day. Which kinda negates everything else your family's been up to lately, doesn't it since you're 'that one'?

Well once he finished taking over the Senatorial faction and then rolling his eyes at Marc Antony and Cleopatra and claiming the entirety of Egypt as, literally his own personal property (not Rome's province, HIS literal estate) making him the richest probable person in all of Earth's history even compared to our current wunderkind he decided "Maybe having the exact same name as my uncle who everyone already knows and keeps confusing me for because that's not my real name who am I even I'm very sad now." Decided "gently caress it just call me Augustus. Because that's what I am." Augustus, of course meaning "The Great" or "The Venerable" etc. So that became a literal part of his name as if it were like asking someone to call him "Mike" instead of "Michael".

Then of course the actual name 'Caesar' and 'Augustus' became titles after his death, Caesar of course eventually mutating in today's Kaiser and Tsar, csar, etc which is like if after 2000'ish years world leaders called themselves the Bob of England or the Timothy of China or some such.

Ok got that, great thanks.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cleopatra was hot in HBO's Rome but by all accounts she was like a 6 at best IRL

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

kntfkr posted:

Cleopatra was hot in HBO's Rome but by all accounts she was like a 6 at best IRL

i'm going to six your balls into a vat of boiling oil

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Riot Bimbo posted:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

Riot Bimbo posted:

It’s likely true. Multiple accounts refer to her as not a great beauty, but incredibly bright and charming.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Just mad about doing hot or not w an ancient dead woman not disputing sources

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
let me asp u something

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Riot Bimbo posted:

Just mad about doing hot or not w an ancient dead woman not disputing sources

lol
everyone please apologize and note that 2000+ years deceased Cleopatra should not be subject to commentary on her looks even her contemporaries described as "a'ight" instead of "smokeshow".

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Wanna feel old? We are closer to Cleopatra’s time than Cleopatra was to the pyramids being built.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Wanna feel old? We are closer to Cleopatra’s time than Cleopatra was to the pyramids being built.

Nobody knew about blowjobs before her either. :a2m: