Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Today would be a good day for Merrifield, Grandal, Duvall, and various other hitters on my teams to stop sucking rear end, IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Would love to bench Tyler O'Neill, but my bench OF is Kelenic so....yeah

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Someone dropped Gallo in a Yahoo prize league (12 team, standard 5x5). Drop Pollock or Torkelson for him?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

General Bullshit posted:

The injury gods will never let us have a full season of Buxton and Mondesi.

So, Mondesi tore his ACL. Gotta be one of the saddest stories out there. So much potential and just can't stay on the field.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Whit Merrifield with a nice 0 for 5 today, bringing his batting line to an impressive .127/.160/.155 :thumbsup:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

DeepDickPizza posted:

So, Mondesi tore his ACL. Gotta be one of the saddest stories out there. So much potential and just can't stay on the field.

I've watched the injury three times now and I still don't understand what happened. Guy just ran back toward first base and came up limping. The pitch before that he started and stopped. Neither one looked like he snagged a cleat or twisted his knee. Just so brittle.

Whatever happened to KC moving him to 3B so his legs were preserved?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ketel Marte actually did something.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
G'dam! I'm having a helluva week. Up 15-1 against my opponent and am leading in ERA by 2.13 and in WHIP by 0.52. But I only have an advantage of 14 strikeouts over him. We both have two starters eligible today: I have Framber Valdez (vs. the Blue Jays) and Daniel Lynch (vs. the Yankees).

He has his ace Corbin Burnes (vs. the Cubs) and Josh Fleming (vs. the Twins). He has both slotted to start, so he is minding his team (or at least has set them to auto-start for the week).

I have 5 active relievers to his 2 (he's got 2 on the IL).

So I'm considering sitting both Valdez and Lynch because they're up against tremendous offenses (and Lynch isn't the most reliable starter anyway). I hope I can retain the lead in Ks, but if I start both of them to improve the odds and they get blown out, I could possibly drop the ERA and WHIP categories (not sure of the complicated math on how bad that would have to be -- I have 49 innings pitched so far compared to his 30.1)

All that said, my history of selectively benching players due to history/stats is absolutely dreadful.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Trevor Story
Marcus Semien
Max Muncy
Franmil Reyes
Tyler O'Neill
Jorge Polanco
Ketel Marte

:lol: so bad

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Tyler O for 4'Neill

:lol: so bad

Fixed.

About to send Kelenic to the wire too. It's just not happening.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Fixed.

I have both O'Neill and Kelenic. I am so sad.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

LMAO

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Screw it, the heart wants what the heart wants.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Berrios :negative:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Entire slate of East Coast games seem pretty precarious tonight, but NYY is almost assuredly getting banged.

Tomorrow looks bad, too.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

Inspector_666 posted:

Entire slate of East Coast games seem pretty precarious tonight, but NYY is almost assuredly getting banged.

Tomorrow looks bad, too.

I had considered picking up 1-800-Glenn-Otto in a deep league for the start tonight, but I waffled because he is facing the mighty Yankees lineup. Someone else added him, so it's off my plate.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Fixed.

Complaining about O'Neill seemed to work. Kelenic has been benched for two games in a row now. Yikes.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Rowdy Tellez hits the ball far :monocle:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Rowdy Tellez and Daniel Vogelbach are bringing back Beefy Boi Baseball and I am very happy.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Juan Yepez is my hero

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
This George Kirby guy is really screwing me

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Hope nobody here is up against Josh Naylor this week.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lol someone dropped Detmers in my 16-team league and I already had a claim in for him, but after the no hitter I went all in with $100 FAAB. Turns out no one else put in any kind of claim at all whoops

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CocoaNuts posted:

Hope nobody here is up against Josh Naylor this week.

I've learned long ago to do daily fantasy using all my opponents players. Went through the Shohei bullshit last week and Naylor this week

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Congrats to Tyler Stephenson owners, you win at the fantasy baseball.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Congrats to Tyler Stephenson owners, you win at the fantasy baseball.

I talked myself into Will Smith in the draft even though I had "HEY TYLER STEPHENSON GOES LATE" in my notes.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Is it time to drop Marcus Semien yet?

12 team league - standard lineup with 2 UTIL spots.

I have Andres Gimenez, Max Muncy and JP Crawford (and Johnathan India on DL) at my 2B and SS positions.

Someone just dropped Taylor Ward for some reason.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

ColdBlooded posted:

Is it time to drop Marcus Semien yet?

12 team league - standard lineup with 2 UTIL spots.

I have Andres Gimenez, Max Muncy and JP Crawford (and Johnathan India on DL) at my 2B and SS positions.

Someone just dropped Taylor Ward for some reason.

Ward had been sitting with a minor hamstring injury but he was back last night and hit a dinger. I imagine there will be lots of interest in your league to snatch him up.

Semien is a tough call. He's been dreadful, no doubt. Of course you're suffering with Muncy underperforming as well. Crawford has been a nice find though!

I would hold on to Semien a while longer and keep him benched as much as possible. We're only what, six weeks into the season?

He won't give you last season's numbers but he should be worth rostering.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Gonna keep a close eye on Josh Winder's start against the Astros tonight. Someone added him before his last start and then dropped him, but he won't clear waivers until tomorrow. I have a SP spot that I've been cycling free agents through and I'll try to get Winder as a long-term prospect if he can do well against Houston this evening.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

With some pitchers coming off the IL, I need a drop. In standard 5x5, who's most expendable?

AJ Pollock
Marcell Ozuna
Michael Brantley

Thinking Ozuna, he hasn't been good since 2020.

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Personally I'd drop Ozuna.

Brantley is solid but boring and Pollack may run again at some point.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Judging by my leagues, people seem pretty comfortable cutting Ozuna right now.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I am happy to say that I have zero shares of Nathan Eovaldi.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I have Eovaldi, and then I tried to stream Eduardo Rodriguez and then he got blown up and left with an injury! Goodbye ratios.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Once an AL East pitcher, always an AL East pitcher

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Marcus semien just hit my 12 team waivers. Probably worth claiming, no?

Surely he can’t be bad all season

Would likely be dropping drury

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Marcus semien just hit my 12 team waivers. Probably worth claiming, no?

Surely he can’t be bad all season

Would likely be dropping drury

Yeah would claim him.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

We dropping Melancon or nah?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The Pussy Boss posted:

We dropping Melancon or nah?

It's not clear that he's been demoted from the closer role yet, right? AZ hasn't had a save situation since his last meltdown.

But yeah, 1 more lovely outing and he's gone in my opinion (and probably AZs as well)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Gormans up guys, check your waivers