Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Gorman has been running a high K% in AAA, I would temper expectations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

The Pussy Boss posted:

We dropping Melancon or nah?

An easy 1-2-3 save and Mark stays on my roster... for now...

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

the_american_dream posted:

Gormans up guys, check your waivers

I had Gorman stashed in one of two "N/A" positions for the past month. The call up made me choose to drop Mackenzie Gore. He lost his role as a starter and he's going to be on a limited pitch count since he's young. If Gorman gets off to a hot start and blasts a few home runs this weekend, I might throw him out there as trade bait and see what I can get.

I don't have as much interest in Libratore though. I thought about dropping George Kirby for him, but Chase Silseth was available, so I went with him instead.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Here comes Julio Rodriguez

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Held Gorman for a month, dropped him 5 hours before he was called up because Starling Marte was coming off bereavement list and I needed a spot.

And then Marte's game got snowed out today anyway.

This is fun.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
And Adley Rutschman will be in an Orioles uniform today!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

Held Gorman for a month, dropped him 5 hours before he was called up because Starling Marte was coming off bereavement list and I needed a spot.

This is fun.

I saw that. That is awful timing.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Looks like Votto is back, hopefully. 2 doubles and a HR in his 3 games back.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

He’s only doing this because I still have him in my IL slot. I’ll try to keep him in there as long as possible for everyone.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

jabro posted:

He’s only doing this because I still have him in my IL slot. I’ll try to keep him in there as long as possible for everyone.

Please can you do that for Tyler O'Neill when he returns?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

You might want to add William Contreras if you need a catcher. I'll just copy the Yahoo note...

quote:

William Contreras is starting in left field and batting second for the Braves in Monday's series opener against the Phillies.

Advice: The Braves are trying to get Contreras's bat into the lineup more often and he possesses more athleticism than a typical catcher these days, so they're going to give him a shot in left field on occasion moving forward. The 24-year-old backstop has gotten some outfield reps in the past, including during spring training a few weeks ago, so this isn't a total surprise. It's a definite boost to his fantasy potential if he's playing close to everyday in Atlanta.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I hope nobody here takes their fantasy as seriously as Tommy Pham does...

San Francisco Giants' Joc Pederson says he was slapped by Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham over fantasy football beef

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33995201/cincinnati-reds-tommy-pham-san-francisco-giants-joc-pederson-pregame-altercation

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

CocoaNuts posted:

I hope nobody here takes their fantasy as seriously as Tommy Pham does...

San Francisco Giants' Joc Pederson says he was slapped by Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham over fantasy football beef

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33995201/cincinnati-reds-tommy-pham-san-francisco-giants-joc-pederson-pregame-altercation

Keep Jeff Wilson out of your fuckimg IL!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pham doesn't even have a case against Joc, he put an IR eligible guy in an IR slot how could that possibly be construed as cheating?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

Pham doesn't even have a case against Joc, he put an IR eligible guy in an IR slot how could that possibly be construed as cheating?

On Yahoo you can put guys who are out for the week on IR. It makes certain stupid people mad if you do so. I guess Tommy Pham is one of them.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
He should probably not play in Yahoo leagues then.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Crappy quality, but you can see the assault in this vid:

https://twitter.com/BRWalkoff/status/1530617304890892289

https://twitter.com/BRWalkoff/status/1530416602163863553

CocoaNuts fucked around with this message at 19:37 on May 28, 2022

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Stashing players in your IL is big brain fantasy managing and I will apologize to no one for it

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Tommy is not going on the IL/IR, but he will serve a three-game suspension for his misbehavior.

Cincinnati Reds' Tommy Pham suspended three games for slapping San Francisco Giants' Joc Pederson

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33999857/cincinnati-reds-tommy-pham-suspended-three-games-slapping-joc-pederson

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

The funniest part is Pham has done the same thing.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Marcus Semien finally starting to show signs of life.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Jose Berrios sucks.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

coronaball posted:

This is fun.

My God what have I done.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

General Bullshit posted:

Jose Berrios sucks.

gently caress yeah he does

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Corey Knebel is Knot good lately.

Aaron Ashby was a solid pickup, however. 12 Ks today against the Cubbies, maybe a win shortly too!

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
Jesus Christ! Some of the insulting trade offers other managers will send you. What a waste of time.

Here's one what guy proposed:

I give:

Kyle Lewis
Framber Valdez
Max Fried

I get:

Matt Olson
Kevin Kiermaier
Erick Fedde

Just laughable!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Forgot to switch Shohei Ohtani to SP because it was a doubleheader :thumbsup:

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

General Bullshit posted:

Forgot to switch Shohei Ohtani to SP because it was a doubleheader :thumbsup:

I did this intentionally LOL. I’d rather have him go 2/8 than get torched by the Yanks offense.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thoroughly regret not believing in any Yankee this year

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

It looks like Diego Castillo might be the Rays closer

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Would be nice if Yahoo allowed me to drop Walker Buehler right now

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I'm glad I picked up Hunter Greene cause his last month has been fire

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I'm rollin' in both of my leagues lately. The only guy on both rosters that I'm not sure of is Aaron Ashby. May give him one more outing and see how that goes. If it's a stinker, I'm replacing him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Rolling with some young speedy guys, Michael Harris at CF and Ezequiel Duran in the middle infield. Both hitting well for the time being, both were top 100 prospects coming into the year

Also picked up Estuary Ruiz as a hold... SD Padres are competitive so they've gotta bring him up if he keeps up what he's doing for much longer. 481 obp 12 homers and a ridiculous 41 steals over 55 milb games so far this year.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Remember when Javier Baez hit homers and stole bases?

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020
I'm in two Yahoo leagues and normally set my daily rosters each morning. I got sidetracked today and didn't get around to it until early afternoon. The Cardinals were playing a double-header and the first game had started. I could not move Miles Mikolas from my bench to a SP slot for the SECOND game. Pissed me off.

And then I see this tonight:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1536899558948720640

REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

That's happened to me before, although it didn't end up hurting that bad!

What did hut was i dropped Miles Mikolas before his last two starts. I was loving having him but he had a rough patch and I saw he was below some free agent pitchers on pitcherlist and saw another site that said it was time to drop him. So I dumped him for Edward Cabrera. I guess we'll see how that goes.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Fast Luck posted:

So I dumped him for Edward Cabrera. I guess we'll see how that goes.
And he's on the IL

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Manny Machado :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can I drop Kimbrel in a shallow league? I know he's the closer for one of the best teams in baseball, but he looks totally cooked. Was thinking of just grabbing Doval or Houck.