Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Your post count per day is your damage multiplier and your total posts is your HP. You have to post more in order to level up.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Bad Purchase posted:

what if you could pay a few bucks to change someone's avatar to embarrass them? like bright red text highlighting their bad opinions, for example.

this is good

Kirk Vikernes posted:

And then you could sit back, watch them flip out in their posts and blame the wrong goon and whine and cry until they get a mod to blank it.

close, but there would need to be a dedicated forum

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟨🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️

I was just trying to to make a throwaway joke but now I am Entergaged (tm)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Your post count per day is your damage multiplier and your total posts is your HP. You have to post more in order to level up.

I feel like FYAD would be very disadvantaged by this scheme

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

VivaLa Eeveelution posted:

Goondle 5 2/6

🟨⬛️🟨⬛️🟨⬛️⬛️🟨⬛️🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

mangosteen

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
SHITPOST +10XP
WHITE NOISE +10XP
MOD SASS +30XP
SIXER! +250XP

[sick guitar riff]

PROMOTION
MASTER POSTER THIRD RANK NINJUTSU GOONSIRE

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I am seeing a lot of ideas to improve the experience of our established customer base. Now, I am not saying they are bad ideas. Some of them might be able to squeeze a bit more blood from the proverbial stone, haha.

But let's think about it. Our established customer base is pretty steady. They get banned, they rereg. If we pander to them, they might spend more, but it won't attract new customers. And if we spend our energy somewhere else, they'll still be here. I think we need to think broader, not deeper.

If we want to bring in new people, if we want to bring people who heard of the SA brand but aren't really ready to commit, if we want to bring in young people who think of us as history instead of what's new, and now, and wow, we need to be bold. We need to establish a Something Awful Metaverse.

I think we should start with an animated Netflix show. Something like an isekai, about a poster pulled into a world of established SA characters.

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
F*ck the shareholders! Full communism now! :anarchists:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Outpost22 posted:

F*ck the shareholders! Full communism now! :anarchists:

In Soviet Awful, owner is you!

Mr.Pip
Jun 17, 2011
Some sort of achievement for breaking a long lurking streak.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
*steeple fingers* I have a bold new vision, and it’s cryptocurrency based LA police chase futures.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Don't worry OP we've been working on it, I even suggested we get a new 3D virtual reality posting interface back in 2019 when Jeff wanted ideas for how to increase Gen Z appeal but then [redacted] stole our metaverse idea right out from under us and I wish I could say more but the lawyers are still working.

AquariusDue
Feb 11, 2022
Assign users randomly to 4 different groups (e.g. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) signified by their username color.
Each week one group votes in a poll with the other 3 groups as choices, e.g. this week Yellow group members vote and can choose between Red, Green and Blue.
At the end of the week a random quarter of the week's voting group gets moved into the most voted group, e.g. Red has the most votes therefore a quarter of the Yellow group become Red members.

When one group is made of less than 2% of the forums' members they become the forum elite, all the forum's problems are blamed on them and the weekly polls are suspended.

I feel I've missed a glaring flaw in this idea but I can't pinpoint it.

Hoping for some good ol' fashioned factionalism tho'.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
How bout instead of forums its a busty lady that sucks u off

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Simply advertise more heavily that I post here OP

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
elden boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

AquariusDue posted:

Assign users randomly to 4 different groups (e.g. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow) signified by their username color.
Each week one group votes in a poll with the other 3 groups as choices, e.g. this week Yellow group members vote and can choose between Red, Green and Blue.
At the end of the week a random quarter of the week's voting group gets moved into the most voted group, e.g. Red has the most votes therefore a quarter of the Yellow group become Red members.

When one group is made of less than 2% of the forums' members they become the forum elite, all the forum's problems are blamed on them and the weekly polls are suspended.

I feel I've missed a glaring flaw in this idea but I can't pinpoint it.

Hoping for some good ol' fashioned factionalism tho'.

I like everything about this idea except most of it.

I am already hard at work on a "Which Something Awful House would you get sorted to?" personality test. Thank you for expanding the SA Metaverse.