Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
While coming up with imaginary scenarios to get angry about, I had the idea of someone—probably privileged and white—trying crack cocaine on purpose just to prove that addiction can be overcome on willpower alone and thus prove that drug addicts are lazy and contemptuous and that all poor people need to do is lift themselves up by their bootstraps.

Have you or has anyone you know tried crack for the sole purpose of proving they can resist getting addicted? How did it work out for them?

I imagine not well but I'd like to hear how badly it went.

It doesn't have to be crack. Heroin, meth or any other highly-addictive substance would also be interesting to hear about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Yes, actually. I started using meth 5 years ago with the intention of demonstrating how easily a powerful willpower like my own could overcome the addiction. I've concluded I'm not yet "fully addicted" yet and therefore have no plans to stop using meth in the immediate future. I don't want to make the challenge too easy.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Bramble posted:

Yes, actually. I started using meth 5 years ago with the intention of demonstrating how easily a powerful willpower like my own could overcome the addiction. I've concluded I'm not yet "fully addicted" yet and therefore have no plans to stop using meth in the immediate future. I don't want to make the challenge too easy.

I hope you're keeping a journal.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
i smoked heroin with my college roommate. we never had a hookup before until he had this manager at jimmy johns.

somewhat in line with the thread, i remember two weekends of extreme partying, like waking up on the ground poo poo. one sunday morning we were just like "yeah never again on that" and then he got a different job and that was that

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Heroin can be smoked???

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got some percocets when I hosed up my ankle a long time ago and I loved them so much I was literally thinking "I wish I could feel like this for the rest of my life" and "this stuff makes everything more interesting I bet I'd be super productive if I was always on it" and that is when I learned that I have an addictive personality and now I don't go near the stuff because I WILL fall down that hole if I do.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I read about a dude who tried heroin for fun and thought he could control it. Turns out to no ones surprise that he totally ruined his life. I would have to look up the thread it was on reddit. Anyway don't do highly addictive drugs, its a bad idea. Just smoke weed.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Applewhite posted:

Heroin can be smoked???

.. yeah that's how you start.. you can even snort it if it's pure enough

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

20 Blunts posted:

i smoked heroin with my college roommate. we never had a hookup before until he had this manager at jimmy johns.

somewhat in line with the thread, i remember two weekends of extreme partying, like waking up on the ground poo poo. one sunday morning we were just like "yeah never again on that" and then he got a different job and that was that

I'm glad you learned your lesson about working at jim johns

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why anyone would do drugs when they can just jerk off

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
pretty good episode of Always Sunny tbh

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

pretty good episode of Always Sunny tbh

I was thinking of that episode when I came up for the idea that became the idea for this thread!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
There's nothing wrong with crackers doing heroin why they practically invented the stuff

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
smoking crack huh? wow look at mr. moneybags over here. not everyone can afford that kind of luxury op.

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sit down and stand up really fast until I get woozy.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
maybe get addicted to something really dangerous like jimson weed, belladonna, or scopolamine for more street cred

i mean what kind of weak minded fool gets lost in a world of horrifying psychosis from a flower? pussy bitches, thats who

naem
May 29, 2011

one time when I was 14 I noticed that imitation vanilla extract is like 40% alcohol by volume and I took a little sip of it and it tasted pretty yucky

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Yeah, my friends Dennis and Deandra (they're twins) tried it and they overcame their addiction with the power of love and friendship

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
I have I think a post that is genuinely near to what you are talking about.

Only once I went in to the room at the party where they were keeping the door shut. There was a big semicircle of people and they were smoking cocaine. Some guy was treating everyone; I was with my 1st boyfriend who was a sweetheart stoner everyone liked. When it came to my turn I took a tiny little hit and felt it right away. The feeling must have faded fast because I remember before it came around again me hoping so much that I would get to take another hit. I turned to my boyfriend and said I think we should leave and he said OK.
We left the party actually and in the car I admitted that I was already craving another hit before the pipe had gotten back around to us and we should never do that again and he agreed and we never did and I never did again in my entire life.

Years later I had the opportunity multiple times and I never did. *whew*
True story
Ended up loving my life up but not that way

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
i smoked crack once, it was alright

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Ironically, A guy who was covering the crack epidemic became a victim of it , but I don't think he was doing it because he wanted to see how strong his willpower was

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Spinz posted:

I have I think a post that is genuinely near to what you are talking about.

Only once I went in to the room at the party where they were keeping the door shut. There was a big semicircle of people and they were smoking cocaine. Some guy was treating everyone; I was with my 1st boyfriend who was a sweetheart stoner everyone liked. When it came to my turn I took a tiny little hit and felt it right away. The feeling must have faded fast because I remember before it came around again me hoping so much that I would get to take another hit. I turned to my boyfriend and said I think we should leave and he said OK.
We left the party actually and in the car I admitted that I was already craving another hit before the pipe had gotten back around to us and we should never do that again and he agreed and we never did and I never did again in my entire life.

Years later I had the opportunity multiple times and I never did. *whew*
True story

This is exactly like what I'm wondering about.

Does the craving still haunt you (however distantly) or has it faded completely?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
yeah I smoke crack. don't even really enjoy it! but I love the culture.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Applewhite posted:

This is exactly like what I'm wondering about.

Does the craving still haunt you (however distantly) or has it faded completely?

It didn't haunt me ever, it was scary too so I didn't crave it.

Which saved me I guess.

Spinz fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 14, 2022

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I am so very happy that I don’t have a coke connection, and I do not go seeking one, because hooooo boy. That stuff hits me just right, and I’d probably be dead in a very short amount of time if I had a steady supply.

My current addiction is my new puppy

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i got burned with meth instead of MDMA at a rave one time and the entire time i was completely convinced every single thought that formed in my brain was just the most right and awesome thing to do

at some point, while driving home, i thought it would be a great idea to whip my dick out and start jacking off and a brief moment of lucidity made me realize how absurd that was and i resolved to never ever be in that state of mind again. also methdick made it impossible

never touched it since but hoo boy can i see why meth fucks people up

OMFG FURRY fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Mar 14, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No OP that's loving stupid.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
It hosed my dad's life up. So no. Ill never smoke that bullshit.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
David Cross went on a one day crack binge for roughly similar reasons. Afterwards his brain kept trying to come up with excuses to go back to the crack house, but he realized that was all a part of Dr. Coke’s con-job, so he didn’t go back.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I've done coke properly like 5-6 times? I've never had a craving after the fact.

I don't know how I'm not addicted (to that or smokes) addiction to booze and smokes runs deep in my family.

I'm addicted to chips though.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Saalkin posted:

I'm addicted to chips though.

How addicted though? Have you switched to non-dusted chips so that you don't get busted during the post lunch finger inspection?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
There is/was probably a tcc goon who did exactly that OP

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I did a bunch of stimulants for a year and decided they weren't for me, then stuck to mushrooms and weed

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Cocaine was made obsolete the instant meth was first synthesized in 19th century Japan. It’s like cocaine that lasts hours, not seconds. Don’t do it though, unless you think you’re special and you won’t get addicted. you are special, you won’t get addicted

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There's that one guy in trainspotting that gets clean several times just so he can start using heroin again. That's kinda the same thing op, hth

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
TCC has a lot of incredible content, including a bunch of posts that are like "I know you guys itt say not to try it, but my friend knows a guy and I'm going to do it once this weekend, I'm sure it'll be fine as a one-time thing"

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Yeah and it turns out I can easily stop posting whenever I want, I've done it twice already today.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Spinz posted:

...they were smoking cocaine....
Was it 1978?

Spinz posted:

Yeah, I've never been drunk or high(straight edge for life!!!) and still I managed to end up a 40 year old slacker/loser, thanks for the heads up DARE!

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
You've just gotta be careful with the ratios

https://youtu.be/z97WXkPIYJs

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

i can't get into my crack stories. first time wasn't voluntary. certainly makes cocaine pointless. and then you're like hey this is expensive, meth lasts longer and no one even smokes rock anymore

i will probably never do cocaine again because it will not be any fun but it will give my brain enough reckless juice for it to say "hey, it would be a great idea to go all out and find meth"

and at that point i might as well just head over to home depot and light up the charcoal grill inside a shed on their lot, sealed up with foam spray and leave a 5 star google review

so yeah, never again.

unless i'm in like thailand and the kids are grown up and i'm divorced or something because YOLRUYRE (you only live repeatedly until you reach enlightment)

edit: the only people i've smoked crack with were wealthy. one of them was a relative of whitney houston. she didn't partake. don't try crack. it's great

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i visited a friend at college and his friend was roommates with a coke dealer. i ended up staying two weeks longer than i planned. haven't done it since, pretty much learned all i need to know about how it changes me