Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

precision posted:

if the oxycodone didn't make you feel like you were engulfed in a warm fuzzy sweater and everything in the world is just fine, just fine man, then you didn't take enough to really get the desired effect

Fucksake it’s oxidizing your flesh to make codeine, that’s why you itch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Fucksake it’s oxidizing your flesh to make codeine, that’s why you itch.

lmao

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

precision posted:

if the oxycodone didn't make you feel like you were engulfed in a warm fuzzy sweater and everything in the world is just fine, just fine man, then you didn't take enough to really get the desired effect

I took over a hundred mg in one dose last time. I know the feeling you’re referring to, I’m just saying that some people, like myself, don’t care for that feeling especially. Only feeling I cared about was my broken foot feeling 90% less broken last time I had it.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

precision posted:

the big appeal of opiates at the pill level, at least for me, was not that they give you much of a distinct "high" in the way that weed, or LSD, or speed does

it's that, when you're on opiates, you absolutely literally do not care even a little bit about anything in your life that sucks

my life was miserable on a truly fundamental level when i was on opiates. that's the only reason i took them. they were the only antidepressants that worked. if i didn't take a little bit of hydrocodone i would realize how lovely my life was and how bad my partner was abusing me and i wouldn't bother going to work or doing art or anything, i would just sit at home and want to die

I've had hydrocodone. It made me sleep.

Got all four wisdom teeth out at once and was prescribed a bottle, and that's the only time I've ever slept for 14 hours straight and woken up still feeling tired. Didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, didn't make me not care about things, but holy drat those were the best sleep aids I've ever used.

Also didn't feel any pain from the wisdom teeth removal, so, yanno, I guess they did their job there, too. But goddamn I got the best sleep of my life that week.

Cheese Thief
Oct 30, 2020
I had a friend in highschool that was trying to get coke from some guy at work but it was yellow and rocked up so he put it in a blunt and didn't tell anyone and passed it around to about 5 people who unknowingly smoked the crack weed blunt. Everyone was pissed

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

OMFG FURRY posted:

maybe get addicted to something really dangerous like jimson weed, belladonna, or scopolamine for more street cred

i mean what kind of weak minded fool gets lost in a world of horrifying psychosis from a flower? pussy bitches, thats who

isn't that basically what Rasputin did

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i'm way too compulsive for crack. like what, you're telling me i need to keep doing this every 10 minutes to stay high? sounds like a good way to form a habit

whippets only last like 30 seconds iirc, really gotta stay away from those

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This is just weird to me. Addiction to oxycodone I mean. It’s definitely mind altering, but to me it just doesn’t feel, you know, good. Mostly feels itchy. I have enjoyed when I was on it that it allowed me to do insanely massive, lung shredding dabs without coughing. The crazy megadab is what provides the bulk of the analgesia and buzz for me though.

i think everyone's got their poison you know? opioids gave me a fuzzy blanket i could ignore my disaster rear end inner and outer life with

so i lost 10 years to them!!! it's really cool to think "wow i spent my entire 20s super high basically running in place lmao"

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Do it OP it sounds like going into a drug with that mindset surely would cause no problems, drugs-as-projection, what could go wrong

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I have tried putting things up my arse before (NOT drugs) but to be honest it never really did much for me

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I've tried cocaine, opiates, and a variety of other chemicals. The only thing that ever hooked me was nicotine and I kicked that decades ago.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Don't do crack

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Crack is fine OP don't be a pussy. Smoking crack doesn't automatically spiral your life into the abyss. Life isn't a D.A.R.E. PSA.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Just avoid the dry rips op

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I was gonna do blow once with my lovely abusive ex. Just to see what it was like. He was an addict who'd just gotten out of prison for felony meth possession. Charming dude, and very nice when we first met. We had a coworker who said he could hook us up. We gave him a ride to our place, drank some booze, smoked some blunts and all watched a movie together.

Coworker called his friend to bring the coke, told us it was 50 bucks for a gram, which addict ex said was reasonable. Handed over the cash, co-worker said he had to go outside to exchange it because his friend didn't like white people. He then just jumped in with his friend and bounced. Dude never even came back to work after that.

Man Ced, I hope that 50 was worth it for you guys. It probably was.

Yes I was am a very naive little white bitch how could you tell? Kinda took it as a sign to not gently caress around with drugs. Now I'm an alcoholic like a normal person.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Treecko posted:

I was gonna do blow once with my lovely abusive ex. Just to see what it was like. He was an addict who'd just gotten out of prison for felony meth possession. Charming dude, and very nice when we first met. We had a coworker who said he could hook us up. We gave him a ride to our place, drank some booze, smoked some blunts and all watched a movie together.

Coworker called his friend to bring the coke, told us it was 50 bucks for a gram, which addict ex said was reasonable. Handed over the cash, co-worker said he had to go outside to exchange it because his friend didn't like white people. He then just jumped in with his friend and bounced. Dude never even came back to work after that.

Man Ced, I hope that 50 was worth it for you guys. It probably was.

Yes I was am a very naive little white bitch how could you tell? Kinda took it as a sign to not gently caress around with drugs. Now I'm an alcoholic like a normal person.

I swear to god I've read this exact story before. Have you posted this anywhere else, crackho?

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Maybe I posted it in a different thread on SA years ago? I don't post on other sites.

Unless you're one of my friends I've told personally, or....Ced, is that you?!

Honestly I think it's an unfortunately common story.

Sgt. Slaughter
Sep 3, 2008

Stealthgerbil posted:

I read about a dude who tried heroin for fun and thought he could control it. Turns out to no ones surprise that he totally ruined his life. I would have to look up the thread it was on reddit. Anyway don't do highly addictive drugs, its a bad idea. Just smoke weed.

See his entire post history:

https://old.reddit.com/user/SpontaneousH

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I heard once somewhere from an idiot probably that bradley nowell of sublime started smoking his crack to show he could stop or something but this is apocryphal as gently caress

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

poverty goat posted:

I heard once somewhere from an idiot probably that bradley nowell of sublime started smoking his crack to show he could stop or something but this is apocryphal as gently caress

Wow I can’t believe the guy who wrote multiple songs about sexualizing teenagers was an idiot.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
anime is my anti-drug

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No. 6 posted:

I've tried cocaine, opiates, and a variety of other chemicals. The only thing that ever hooked me was nicotine and I kicked that decades ago.

i never did get the nicotine hook somehow. i smoked non filtered cigs for almost 20 years, but at no point did i "crave" cigarettes unless i was drinkng... i never smoked in the morning for example, and if i went a day without smoking i didn't feel bad

switched to menthols and was up to a pack a day, but when i quit last year, i still didn't feel the slightest bit of withdrawal. i feel really bad for people who want to quit but cant

opiate withdrawal, now that is pretty awful. feels like you have the worst flu in the world.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's the worst flu in the world at first, then with relapse and kindling it becomes your brain screaming at you to terminate your life, with something akin to the flu, and the only coherent drive is ending the madness.

still not sure how i got thru it this last time.

well i obsessively tapered over almost a year even going back to kratom, where it all started, and i still had a really bad two weeks

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i don't think my usage was as heavy as most opiate users get to. i felt really bad for 24 hours any time i quit, and then for a few days i would have the "restless nerve pain when trying to sleep" thing which made sleeping v difficult, but after 3 or 4 days i would always feel fine

that's why i kept going back to opiates, it was like "well i can quit easily, and they actually are the only thing keeping me alive" lmao

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What if you...DON'T do drugs?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EorayMel posted:

What if you...DON'T do drugs?

yeah, i've tried that.

it sucks rear end lmao

weed and coffee are the only ones i do now. imo they're "good drugs"

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

precision posted:

yeah, i've tried that.

it sucks rear end lmao

weed and coffee are the only ones i do now. imo they're "good drugs"

Problem:

You can see it so clearly. In a dark alley behind a boite de nuit, a young couple is having sex on a shopping cart. Their eyes are bloodshot and their brains fried. They are in the throes of *narcomania*. On the top floor of an office building, a young exec takes a drag from a short spliff and his eyes roll to the back of his skull. He too is a *narcomaniac*. Someone needs to take a stand. The world needs a Narc. The world needs you. (Don't worry, you can still drink and smoke, those aren't real drugs.)

Solution:
Halt! Put down the pipe, scumbag! The Narc is on the scene and he's gonna tell it to you straight. Drugs are for losers. They fry your brain and rewire your circuits to *self-destruct*. And they make you masturbate too. Have a drink instead. Have two. Have three bottles of wine, it's impossible to masturbate after three bottles of wine. And remember, friends don't let friends get high...or be sober. Peace out, little brother.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

IF you ever did some coke and thought it lasted TOO long and got you high far too long into the night, crack might be the drug for you

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Does anyone have a coke connection though? Haha just joking around. I can’t touch the stuff. Not anymore. I mean, does anyone even have a connection anymore? Anyone? Haha nah, I’m still joking.

Unless…?

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

EorayMel posted:

it's impossible to masturbate after three bottles of wine

You dont know me.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
people used to say that guys can't get erections while on ecstasy, and buddy, i don't know what the hell lovely ecstasy they've been doing haha

my guess is that if its more cut with smack than usual? or more cut with meth.

sex on ecstasy really is something else

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
would you go so far as to say it's ecstatic?

dev286
Nov 30, 2006

Let it be all the best.

Cheese Thief posted:

I had a friend in highschool that was trying to get coke from some guy at work but it was yellow and rocked up so he put it in a blunt and didn't tell anyone and passed it around to about 5 people who unknowingly smoked the crack weed blunt. Everyone was pissed

Why the gently caress do people do poo poo like this

One time my buddy gave me MDMA that he had knowingly mixed with research chemicals and thought he was doing me a favor or something

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Philip Seymour Hoffman tried the casual, functional heroin user thing and it did not go over too well

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Only thing I actually enjoy is Addy, but I don't take it much. Like once or twice a year. And hydrocodone is great for my period cramps, but I loving hate it when I'm not in tremendous pain. Codeine makes me puke, THC caps somehow annoy me, even regular loving weed shuts down my lungs...

I am boring, OP. :(

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
I used to be one of those ‘I don’t have an addictive personality, blah blah blah’ people - booze just depresses me, weed makes me irritable, psychedelics are very much not fun for me, opiates don’t have a huge effect unless used in huge expensive doses and coke is fun for about ten minutes.

Then I met mr. meth. Holy poo poo, talk about feeling like everything I hate about myself is immediately fixed three minutes after doing some. I’m truly convinced I’d be dead if I smoked it - I used to eat it, the rush is much milder but it lasts for an incredibly long period of time. A friend of mine once told me ‘you can do speed and generally hold it together if you don’t smoke it, but everybody I’ve ever known turns into a useless pile of poo poo if they start smoking it”. This was in the very early Nineties when crack was still the big drug terror and meth was kinda under the radar.

That was a rough four years. No stimulants ever again for me, poo poo, I think my synapses endings look like the aftermath of a forest fire anyway.
Anyway, I guess my point is that willpower only lasts until you find the right(or wrong, I suppose) chemical/person/etc., then you’re hosed.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin

STABASS posted:

smoking crack huh? wow look at mr. moneybags over here. not everyone can afford that kind of luxury op.

now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go sit down and stand up really fast until I get woozy.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

STABASS posted:

I don't understand why anyone would do drugs when they can just jerk off

:ssh:
you can jerk off when your high on drugs

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Das Boo posted:

Only thing I actually enjoy is Addy, but I don't take it much. Like once or twice a year. And hydrocodone is great for my period cramps, but I loving hate it when I'm not in tremendous pain. Codeine makes me puke, THC caps somehow annoy me, even regular loving weed shuts down my lungs...

I am boring, OP. :(

You're in good company. I don't even drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

JnnyThndrs posted:

I used to be one of those ‘I don’t have an addictive personality, blah blah blah’ people - booze just depresses me, weed makes me irritable, psychedelics are very much not fun for me, opiates don’t have a huge effect unless used in huge expensive doses and coke is fun for about ten minutes.

Then I met mr. meth. Holy poo poo, talk about feeling like everything I hate about myself is immediately fixed three minutes after doing some. I’m truly convinced I’d be dead if I smoked it - I used to eat it, the rush is much milder but it lasts for an incredibly long period of time. A friend of mine once told me ‘you can do speed and generally hold it together if you don’t smoke it, but everybody I’ve ever known turns into a useless pile of poo poo if they start smoking it”. This was in the very early Nineties when crack was still the big drug terror and meth was kinda under the radar.

That was a rough four years. No stimulants ever again for me, poo poo, I think my synapses endings look like the aftermath of a forest fire anyway.
Anyway, I guess my point is that willpower only lasts until you find the right(or wrong, I suppose) chemical/person/etc., then you’re hosed.

meth now is much worse for your brain

you still think your brain is hosed up even after years of abstinence?