Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

i can't get into my crack stories. first time wasn't voluntary. certainly makes cocaine pointless. and then you're like hey this is expensive, meth lasts longer and no one even smokes rock anymore

i will probably never do cocaine again because it will not be any fun but it will give my brain enough reckless juice for it to say "hey, it would be a great idea to go all out and find meth"

and at that point i might as well just head over to home depot and light up the charcoal grill inside a shed on their lot, sealed up with foam spray and leave a 5 star google review

so yeah, never again.

unless i'm in like thailand and the kids are grown up and i'm divorced or something because YOLRUYRE (you only live repeatedly until you reach enlightment)

edit: the only people i've smoked crack with were wealthy. one of them was a relative of whitney houston. she didn't partake. don't try crack. it's great

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
D.A.R.E to smoke crack

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i feel genuinely blessed that opiates only make me feel itchy and throw up.

I remember at rutgers it was like a dollar a milligram for oxys and kids were spending $80 like it was nothing and the high felt like it was worth two bucks

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

JnnyThndrs posted:

I used to be one of those ‘I don’t have an addictive personality, blah blah blah’ people - booze just depresses me, weed makes me irritable, psychedelics are very much not fun for me, opiates don’t have a huge effect unless used in huge expensive doses and coke is fun for about ten minutes.

Then I met mr. meth. Holy poo poo, talk about feeling like everything I hate about myself is immediately fixed three minutes after doing some. I’m truly convinced I’d be dead if I smoked it - I used to eat it, the rush is much milder but it lasts for an incredibly long period of time. A friend of mine once told me ‘you can do speed and generally hold it together if you don’t smoke it, but everybody I’ve ever known turns into a useless pile of poo poo if they start smoking it”. This was in the very early Nineties when crack was still the big drug terror and meth was kinda under the radar.

That was a rough four years. No stimulants ever again for me, poo poo, I think my synapses endings look like the aftermath of a forest fire anyway.
Anyway, I guess my point is that willpower only lasts until you find the right(or wrong, I suppose) chemical/person/etc., then you’re hosed.

meth now is much worse for your brain

you still think your brain is hosed up even after years of abstinence?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, to some degree. I don’t really feel strong emotions anymore, everything’s just sort of ‘meh’ - I think they call that anhedonia? I’m sure it’s a dopamine/serotonin thing, but I really don’t want to go down the psych drug path, I’m pretty much used to it by now. I can really see why the relapse rate is so bad for meth users.

Yeah, anhedonia is a diminished capacity for joy. I was worried about that because I was a binge user. For years. Like I'd have a big weekend and then nothing for a month or two with each binge being more disastrous than the last.

I still feel joy though and I'd like to attribute that to ayahuasca which studies say promotes neurogenesis evangellion and can feel like brain surgery.

I'm going back for three days in May.