Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Applewhite posted:

While coming up with imaginary scenarios to get angry about, I had the idea of someone—probably privileged and white—trying crack cocaine on purpose just to prove that addiction can be overcome on willpower alone and thus prove that drug addicts are lazy and contemptuous and that all poor people need to do is lift themselves up by their bootstraps.

Have you or has anyone you know tried crack for the sole purpose of proving they can resist getting addicted? How did it work out for them?

I imagine not well but I'd like to hear how badly it went.

It doesn't have to be crack. Heroin, meth or any other highly-addictive substance would also be interesting to hear about.

I was on big doses of opioids last year cause i had major surgery. Surgery involved 2 surgeons, one using a robot, and went for 11 hours iirc. the halucinations and day dreams i was getting were cool at the start but man I was a loving zombie, I could not think, I described it to my friends as being lobotomised. My emotions didnt work normally so I was a mess. I got put onto oxy because tapentadol literally turned me vegetative

After a month or so I woke up and said I loving hate this so I just stopped cold turkey. All the docs were like nah dont do that you're probably gunna regret it and also be in a lot of pain and yeah it sucked but gently caress opium and all its derivatives, apparently I'm the most senstive person in the world to them because even codeine knocks me out, and I hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Broccoli
May 1, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
my friends came to visit me in the hopistal and wed be having a conversation and my eyes would just glaze over and id stare into space for a few minutes. just absolutely conked out. i cant remember a whole lot, i remember having this really vivid awake-dream of being on basically wonder womans island hanging out in a society of cool ladies and it was very cool and fun and thats about it.

i think its terrifying looking back and gently caress im glad that im apparently a strong enough person to be on a zombifying dose of poppy juice and Just Say No to more.

E: also i enjoy being able to poop like a normal person