Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Lol what is this "no" you speak of?

Something Nancy Reagan liked to prattle on about in the 80s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

precision posted:

the big appeal of opiates at the pill level, at least for me, was not that they give you much of a distinct "high" in the way that weed, or LSD, or speed does

it's that, when you're on opiates, you absolutely literally do not care even a little bit about anything in your life that sucks

my life was miserable on a truly fundamental level when i was on opiates. that's the only reason i took them. they were the only antidepressants that worked. if i didn't take a little bit of hydrocodone i would realize how lovely my life was and how bad my partner was abusing me and i wouldn't bother going to work or doing art or anything, i would just sit at home and want to die

I've had hydrocodone. It made me sleep.

Got all four wisdom teeth out at once and was prescribed a bottle, and that's the only time I've ever slept for 14 hours straight and woken up still feeling tired. Didn't make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, didn't make me not care about things, but holy drat those were the best sleep aids I've ever used.

Also didn't feel any pain from the wisdom teeth removal, so, yanno, I guess they did their job there, too. But goddamn I got the best sleep of my life that week.