Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
op how stupid are you, ballpark

because lmao

tons of people try things a few times and never again. dont listen to DARE propaganda imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Smoked crack one time because I tried to buy cocaine from someone and they came back with crack instead. Not really the sort of thing where I can ask them to return it to the store for an exchange, I remember it being a lovely drug and not wanting more. Cocaine in general is overrated.

yeah the couple times i did crack it was like, "imagine adderall that has been cut with diet pepsi and drain cleaner"

i used to work with people who had massive quantities of cocaine at all times, it was fun enough the 20 or so times i did it over the course of 2 years but i never once felt the desire to spend money on it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the big appeal of opiates at the pill level, at least for me, was not that they give you much of a distinct "high" in the way that weed, or LSD, or speed does

it's that, when you're on opiates, you absolutely literally do not care even a little bit about anything in your life that sucks

my life was miserable on a truly fundamental level when i was on opiates. that's the only reason i took them. they were the only antidepressants that worked. if i didn't take a little bit of hydrocodone i would realize how lovely my life was and how bad my partner was abusing me and i wouldn't bother going to work or doing art or anything, i would just sit at home and want to die

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Nigmaetcetera posted:

This is just weird to me. Addiction to oxycodone I mean. It’s definitely mind altering, but to me it just doesn’t feel, you know, good. I have enjoyed when I was on it that it allowed me to do insanely massive, lung shredding dabs without coughing. The crazy megadab is what provides the bulk of the analgesia and buzz for me though.

if the oxycodone didn't make you feel like you were engulfed in a warm fuzzy sweater and everything in the world is just fine, just fine man, then you didn't take enough to really get the desired effect

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Fucksake it’s oxidizing your flesh to make codeine, that’s why you itch.

lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

No. 6 posted:

I've tried cocaine, opiates, and a variety of other chemicals. The only thing that ever hooked me was nicotine and I kicked that decades ago.

i never did get the nicotine hook somehow. i smoked non filtered cigs for almost 20 years, but at no point did i "crave" cigarettes unless i was drinkng... i never smoked in the morning for example, and if i went a day without smoking i didn't feel bad

switched to menthols and was up to a pack a day, but when i quit last year, i still didn't feel the slightest bit of withdrawal. i feel really bad for people who want to quit but cant

opiate withdrawal, now that is pretty awful. feels like you have the worst flu in the world.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i don't think my usage was as heavy as most opiate users get to. i felt really bad for 24 hours any time i quit, and then for a few days i would have the "restless nerve pain when trying to sleep" thing which made sleeping v difficult, but after 3 or 4 days i would always feel fine

that's why i kept going back to opiates, it was like "well i can quit easily, and they actually are the only thing keeping me alive" lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EorayMel posted:

What if you...DON'T do drugs?

yeah, i've tried that.

it sucks rear end lmao

weed and coffee are the only ones i do now. imo they're "good drugs"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
people used to say that guys can't get erections while on ecstasy, and buddy, i don't know what the hell lovely ecstasy they've been doing haha

my guess is that if its more cut with smack than usual? or more cut with meth.

sex on ecstasy really is something else

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JnnyThndrs posted:

I used to be one of those ‘I don’t have an addictive personality, blah blah blah’ people - booze just depresses me, weed makes me irritable, psychedelics are very much not fun for me, opiates don’t have a huge effect unless used in huge expensive doses and coke is fun for about ten minutes.

Then I met mr. meth. Holy poo poo, talk about feeling like everything I hate about myself is immediately fixed three minutes after doing some. I’m truly convinced I’d be dead if I smoked it - I used to eat it, the rush is much milder but it lasts for an incredibly long period of time. A friend of mine once told me ‘you can do speed and generally hold it together if you don’t smoke it, but everybody I’ve ever known turns into a useless pile of poo poo if they start smoking it”. This was in the very early Nineties when crack was still the big drug terror and meth was kinda under the radar.

That was a rough four years. No stimulants ever again for me, poo poo, I think my synapses endings look like the aftermath of a forest fire anyway.
Anyway, I guess my point is that willpower only lasts until you find the right(or wrong, I suppose) chemical/person/etc., then you’re hosed.

the one time i tried meth i put it in orange juice and drank it. holy poo poo it tastes bad haha. but better than loving smoking it

it was like adderall, but lovely. probably because "adderall but lovely" is literally what meth is on a good day

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Treecko posted:

I think you're just supposed to take the label off of the Gatorade bottle you're shaking the Sudafed and anhydrous together in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhU0ZNQe-Gg

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

i need to get out to the gay bars and have coke and poppers again.

i'll go with

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i haven't done any psychedelics in 2 years... the last three times i did acid i watched Inside Llewyn Davis over and over haha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Miss Broccoli posted:

E: also i enjoy being able to poop like a normal person

opiates never made me constipated, even when i was up to like 100 mg of hydrocodone a day

it's frankly scary how regular my poops are

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

JnnyThndrs posted:

Yeah, to some degree. I don’t really feel strong emotions anymore, everything’s just sort of ‘meh’ - I think they call that anhedonia? I’m sure it’s a dopamine/serotonin thing, but I really don’t want to go down the psych drug path, I’m pretty much used to it by now. I can really see why the relapse rate is so bad for meth users.

the concept of anhedonia terrifies me, especially because there are many days where i'm like "nothing i could do is appealing, at all"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the only cigs i could ever stand to smoke were pall mall unfiltered and menthols. i hated that you could barely taste poo poo like Marlboro Lights. it's like sucking on fiberglass-laced air, which is a big no thanks from this one

when i switched over to rolling my own i loved amsterdam shag. really smooth and i sometimes still crave the taste of it