Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

LuckyCat posted:

velveeta shells and cheese BITCH

a guilty pleasure of mine

:69snypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Everyone uses spaghetti with ragu a la bolognese and it's loving weird. Tagliatelle or fettucine are way loving better, they get more sauce and they just work better.

As for breaking the spaghetti, whatever, I ain't the spaghetti police, I just want people to use better pasta for better food.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Breaking spaghetti is for people in high chairs. Also, angel hair is the optimal noodle for spag and mballs.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
This is a good list of pasta

I think I counted off about 35 kinds I have eaten at some point in my life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pasta

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

StarkRavingMad posted:

They should just sell the spaghetti half length so that we don't have to break it and this doesn't happen

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Some times when I can afford food I will also break it in to two and then it is like I have two food

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Peggy Edson posted:

This thread is not about your wife.

MAAAAAAH WAAAAFE!!!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

But seriously. I have never eaten broken spaghetti because no one in my family ever broke it like that before.

When I make spaghetti I just drop it in the pot. Even if half of it is sticking out of the water, I just use a pair of tongs to slowly bend it all down under the water and twirl it into the pot. It takes like 45 seconds to do, and then my spaghetti doesn’t look like it was prepared by a five-year-old from The Midwest.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I also break my pasta so I can walk away from it after I put it in the boiling water.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just shove the spaghetti up my rear end in a top hat and call me a sonofagun

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

*breathing loudly*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

phasmid posted:

Breaking spaghetti is for people in high chairs. Also, angel hair is the optimal noodle for spag and mballs.

My kitchen table is an island and I sit at a barstool :grin:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Peggy Edson posted:

My kitchen table is an island and I sit at a barstool :grin:

The very heavens will open up to destroy thee.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah, that's fine. The only people who care about that poo poo are Italians, or worse: Italian-Americans.

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I do it too who gives a gently caress? My favorite pasta shape is the little wheels. Or rigatoni. Or elbows. They all taste the same so do what you want!

Cheese stuffed manicotti I'll fight about.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
What you don’t want to do is insert uncooked spaghetti into your urethra

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I thought you proles cared about "mouthfeel."

Twice rebuked, cubed. Bitchh

vv ughhh. v

phasmid fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Mar 16, 2022

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Yeah, that's fine. The only people who care about that poo poo are Italians, or worse: Italian-Americans.

I'm Italian-American and the poster that said something like "trying to be more Italian than Italians" is spot on about my family. It's embarrassaing.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

I do the same and when on my plate I will use my fork to break it into smaller pieces so I can scoop it up on my fork better.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

a thought though, why not just buy shorter noodles? noodles come in so many shapes and sizes, you buy the long ones and then break them? just start with what you want

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
I put kidney beans and CORN in my goulash last night. Whatcha gonna do about it? It was delicious and I regret nothing

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The One True Pasta Dish is baked ziti anyway.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

a thought though, why not just buy shorter noodles? noodles come in so many shapes and sizes, you buy the long ones and then break them? just start with what you want

If you buy the long ones and break em you get twice as many for the same price

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

:hmmyes:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Mooey Cow posted:

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
So spaghetti can be broken in half.

But do beans go in chili?

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

What you don’t want to do is insert uncooked spaghetti into your urethra

Gonna do this now

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Insert the spaghetti into your urethra while flaccid, get hard and use that to snap the spaghetti in half.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

It's a bulk discount if you buy one really long noodle and chop it into smaller pieces, don't ask me how it works

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
Its more important that you kiss the spaghetti first

But that doesn't jive with the more western audiences.

mama mia

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Is there a pasta that's like spaghetti but girthier and manlier, I feel emasculated eating thread thin tiny dicks. Maybe cannelloni?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is there a pasta that's like spaghetti but girthier and manlier, I feel emasculated eating thread thin tiny dicks. Maybe cannelloni?

Girtharoni?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i use rice instead, in all circumstances. bolognese? sorted. lasagne? you'd better believe it

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
maybe eat grown up pasta like penne and you won't have this problem

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i use rice instead, in all circumstances. bolognese? sorted. lasagne? you'd better believe it

that's hosed up dude

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
Linguini is like flat spaghetti

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Rutibex posted:

lolling at the thought that pastas in different shapes are more "grown up." I regret to inform you that it is the same mass of carbs no matter the shape.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Rutibex posted:

I don't bother with small round tube pasta's anymore

I just eat Lasagna sheets, one at a time, and eventually I will have eaten 12,742 km of them, the diameter of the world, and thats probably the largest tube type circle pasta.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Bad Purchase posted:

if you break the spaghetti in half you can't make getti spaghetti https://twitter.com/lenawtflol/status/1361128621985980417?s=20

Dessert Course:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

I was anti-breaking but seeing this dago freak out has switched my allegiances