Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
that uh drivers window situation is... concerning

looks like you have a pretty sweet cruiser in the making. it even runs and drives, so its basically mint, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Mr Fish posted:

As far as transmission options go the only thing I am dead set on is finding a way to keep the stock shifter. It’s so weird and unique and I feel like the dash would look naked without it. Now this probably limits me transmission wise to either other 2 speeds that have more aftermarket support (powerglide) or it means I’d have to use some kind of electronically controlled transmission and if I am going to go modern I am going to go really modern and cram an 8hp70 in it.

is there no way to mount a cable onto the back of the mechanism in the dash, and run that to whatever cable-operated trans you want (such as a TF727)? sure the detent positions might not line up with the markings on the dash, but that seems like a minor inconvenience

boxen posted:

Also, you might be aware already but there are addon-on overdrives for a variety of transmissions from companies like Gearvendors. Supposedly a reasonably simple install, although you need to shorten the driveshaft.

Mr Fish posted:

If a glide then the obvious answer is to get a gm adapter which are widely available and relatively cheap and bolt it up throw on a GV od and go.
[...]
Both of those are going to be a lot of work and down time and since GV won’t make me an od that will fit the PF 2 speed I’ll just drive it stock for now.