Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

BasicLich posted:

They're still under the tyranny of the crown.

Are you from the six counties? If so then welcome to the club, there aren't many of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER posted:

clearly you havent been to derry

Hell yeah. Aye, lad.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Ape Fist posted:

Please do not bring the literal misery of imperial rule of my country into GBS. Most of you people are loving idiots when performing at your absolute best I'm not very interested in hearing about your Smallville Town County stereotypes about how children starving to death at the hands of British rule in my country is a heckin big @facebook tag group laffo moment for you.

Jesus, calm down. I actually live in the north and I don't find this thread offensive.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I ate three bowls of Irish stew today.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Animal-Mother posted:

remind me which one is the filthy protestant whisky so i don't accidentally drink it

Bushmills, apparently, but it's just whiskey. I live on the nationalist side of the divide and my family owned a bar. Plenty of our punters drank it and nobody passed any remarks.

Now that I think about it, foreigners really need to stop with this Catholic/Protestant roleplay. Northern Ireland has not been like that for a long time. I've eaten at the Bushmills Inn - I've had a drink at the Crusaders Club in Belfast (might have gotten in trouble if someone asked my name). Sure there are still bigots out there but they are few and far between - most of them are politicians.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Treecko posted:

I like corned beef and cabbage and potatoes any day of the year it doesn't have to be just for a wierd made up holiday

I have never seen corned beef here that didn't come in a can like spam. It's bacon, cabbage and potatoes that's traditional.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Treecko posted:

It looks like this, comes in a plastic pouch. It's a brisket chunk and it's expensive leading up to the 17th.

Wait a couple days and you can get it for a good discount then slap that bad boy in a crock pot or Dutch oven with some veggies and wait for a few hours until it renders.

I recommend searing it first. It does taste good it just takes a long time.

The canned stuff is good too it's usually premixed with potatoes and saltly af. Really good with eggs in a skillet.

I know, the stuff you get in deli's in America looks loving delicious but you just can't find it anywhere in Ireland. Which is a real shame because slow roast beef brisket is some of the best meat I've ever had.

The canned stuff you find here is 100% beef but it's mushy and doesn't really taste like beef at all. My mother used to make sandwiches with it because it was easy on my grans fragile teeth. I grew to hate it growing up - it doesn't smell quite as bad as dog food but it's close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
https://theulsterfry.com/featured/ten-norn-iron-superhero-movies-better-than-batman-v-superman/

quote:

During a failed experiment at Queens, East Belfast student Bruce Bunting is bombarded with Gammy Radiation to become The Incredible Hallion. He doesn’t wreck buildings or smash cars up, but his Ma’s heart is broke feeding the hoor.