Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It can be as much or as little work on the cooking as you want. IIRC last round we had one player who claimed a "spooky" dish with telling the story of how they drank water out of an empty-save-the-crumbs Pringle can, and then there was a player who made an incredible cake in the shape of a chicken. If you make a good argument on why your dish should count, you get the points. If you want to play pure Mafia, you don't have to engage the cooking either; you typically get one free spice to do with as you please, but that's it.

What does it mean to get points from a dish? What are they worth? And what is to do with a free spice, are ingredients power roles or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Just skimming through the last one is probably the best way to go

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037299

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Propaganda Machine posted:

What does it mean to get points from a dish? What are they worth? And what is to do with a free spice, are ingredients power roles or something?

CubicalSucrose posted:

Just skimming through the last one is probably the best way to go

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037299

The OP of the last one is really informative on this subject; to broadly sum it up though, 1. spices are powers/power modifiers you can buy for points and mix together to make new powers up, 2. you get points by making dishes, 3. what counts for points and how many are arbitrated by Grandi (not arbitrarily, but how dishes count for points is better described by the OP), 4. you can mix spices to your heart's content while the game is still going and so if you have ever wondered what happens when you mix a cop, doctor, and vig together, you can make that happen if you buy all the right spices.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Propaganda Machine posted:

You cook stuff, Grandi gives you points. You use points to buy spices which are powers but you don't know what kind of power until you buy it. You then mix all the spices together to create increasingly insane powers until Grandi asks you to please stop.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Cloacamazing! posted:

You cook stuff, Grandi gives you points. You use points to buy spices which are powers but you don't know what kind of power until you buy it. You then mix all the spices together to create increasingly insane powers until Grandi asks you to please stop.

This is false.

I will never ask you to stop.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

This is false.

Confirmed. I wish I’d gotten to use my hurricane machine

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Grandicap posted:

This is false.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Unfair! You trimmed that conversation.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, that was the game I gave you the Pepsi Commercial that solved racism.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

quote:

This masonry has been upgraded to a *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers*
This masonry has access to a communal **Weak** *Doctor* Power. At night, if the entire masonry agrees on a target, the masonry will use this power on the target. This power will be deactivated if the masonry ever drops to a single player. This is the masonry's action, not the action of it's members. If this power is used on a player who is **NOT TOWN** aligned, the *Doctor* power will stop being effective the following night, the masonry will not be informed that the *Doctor* power is no longer effective.
When the *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* targets a player with it's **Weak** *Doctor* power, it will steal the most valuable spice or spice blend from the target (value is determined by the sum of the cost of all spices in a blend). If a spice or spice blend is stolen, that player will be given a **Curing Salt** as recompence. The *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* has access to this spice or spice blend and can use its action on subsequent nights to use any stolen spices or spice blends instead of the **Weak** *Doctor* power. Any stolen spices can be used only if the entire masonry agrees on the target and the spice or spice blend being used. Any stolen spices can continue to be used by the masonry until they are exhausted, even if it only has 1 living member.
The *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* protects its members, even if they make a mistake. The __first time__ a member of the *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance* would be targeted with a killing action, they will survive by deploying lawyers to make the issue go away. The *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance* will not be informed when the *Malpractice Insurance* is triggered.
Any actions that target any member of the *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* will be randomly redirected to either a member of *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* or the *Greedy HMO with Malpractice Insurance with no out of network providers* itself.

Cookfia

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

The one flavorless role PM that went over the Discord character limit.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

quote:

You have combined **Sage, Allspice, Unlabeled Spice, Unlabeled Spice, Unlabeled Spice, Unlabeled Spice, Unlabeled Spice, and Unlabeled Spice** into a **ONE-SHOT** *Wind Tunnel Money Machine*

At night, you may activate your *Wind Tunnel Money Machine* It will perform 6 random actions from all the spices available and the spice blends that exist (actually blended, not exist in theory) in the game. This actions will be performed on random target(s) if it is a targetable action.
You will be informed what spices and spice blends were activated and what the spices that made up said blend. And which spice or spice blend effected which target(s).
Additionally, everyone who was targeted by any of these random
actions will be placed in the *Wind Tunnel Money Machine*, all actions each of these players perform in the night will instead target **ALL** players in the *Wind Tunnel Money Machine* instead of their intended target(s).
Maybe next time

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Wind Tunnel Money Machine is a great name

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Opopanax posted:

Maybe next time

Did you combine them all at once? The secret is to combine one spice at a time, wait for Grandi to tell you the result, then go “hmmm, let’s add another spice” and repeat until the spectators stop gifting you spices to watch Grandi work at recreating the role with an additional spice included.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Voodoofly posted:

Did you combine them all at once? The secret is to combine one spice at a time, wait for Grandi to tell you the result, then go “hmmm, let’s add another spice” and repeat until the spectators stop gifting you spices to watch Grandi work at recreating the role with an additional spice included.

IIRC I put all the unnamed spices together then used what money I had left to grab what I could and tossed that in

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

posting

e: it worked

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy birthday Sandwolf, you son of a bitch

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
woah congrats on aging, sandwolf

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Opopanax posted:

Happy birthday Sandwolf, you son of a bitch

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Thank you friends <3

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Alignment Mafia has ended in a town victory!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Baseball Mafia is open for signups!

18 player role-heavy, Fire and Ice game, where 2 scum captains will pick their own teams.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
join the many people representing the mafia community in SAW season 2!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
idk if I wanna see how the SAW crew interprets a death cob

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

death cob for cutie posted:

do it coward

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Probably very comparable to LAP.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

very carefully.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Snooze Cruise posted:

do it coward

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

If you know how to scumpost, you already know how to play a heel

"but Monathin, what if I'm bad at scumposting" even better!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your child just invited me to a Fortnite party on your account and told me you don't know who I am. FYI. :)

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

King Burgundy posted:

Your child just invited me to a Fortnite party on your account and told me you don't know who I am. FYI. :)

lmao same, Opop’s kids going around roasting his friends

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I told him not to talk to strangers and they don't get stranger than Mafia people

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

it would be extremely worth it evenespecially if it gives everyone nightmares

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

How long have we had this thread title? A new challenger approaches:

Grandicap posted:

I love my flamethrower.

Mafia Discussion: I love my flamethrower.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

:flame:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

This is false.

I want in on the next Cookfia.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

1 month away!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Did someone buy me "that's not my neighbour" from itch.io? Got an email with it but I definitely didn't buy it, and this thread is about the only place with people who would

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Did someone buy me "that's not my neighbour" from itch.io? Got an email with it but I definitely didn't buy it, and this thread is about the only place with people who would

Maybe ask whoever got you that AV?

I miss Canadian Loki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

Maybe ask whoever got you that AV?

I miss Canadian Loki.

It's not like steam, they'd need my email address and I don't believe Zoya (:argh:) does