Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I have unretired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we need a mafia stimulus

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HEAVY METAL has ended in a Third Party Victory by Hambeet, followed by a SCUM absolute victory!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I've opened up a new Mafia game in Fight Island, Don't be scared, homie: An MMA Mafia Experience. This is an entry-level low complexity game targeted at newer players, but I encourage veterans who want to play and maybe give some newer players some guidance and structure to sign up. I've put a lot of work into the flavor of this game so it will be a great time even if you have ZERO interest in MMA.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

George Kansas posted:

I'm actually looking at the forums again, I guess it's time to end my mafia break and play again.

I don't think any games are currently recruiting outside of Cena's MMA game. But the next person to run a non-role madness game, I'm in!

play! its not role madness

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

I've opened up a new Mafia game in Fight Island, Don't be scared, homie: An MMA Mafia Experience. This is an entry-level low complexity game targeted at newer players, but I encourage veterans who want to play and maybe give some newer players some guidance and structure to sign up. I've put a lot of work into the flavor of this game so it will be a great time even if you have ZERO interest in MMA.

this game has begun and features a lot of first time players. let me know if you want observer status in the discord.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

The game has ended in a SCUM victory!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pay the toll

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i will try to launch a new game within the next 24 hours

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats a toxx btw if i dont post a new mafia thread within 24 hours of that post, ban me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Office Space Mafia has ended in a TOWN VICTORY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

whoops ignore me

👀

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ahpy birtday sandwolff

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I have suggested sandwolf as the IK for mafia threads/games here would there be any issue with that?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

Someone upthread made the point that it's probably better to not have one person be "in charge" of both mafia on the forums and of the Discord.

To quote someone i know, i think that's fair

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

He can only see me get shot so many times dude

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I think our need for one would just be from a utilitarian standpoint for now, just opening/closing threads when the OP isn't present and just acting as kind of a mafia Referee

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

Prags is suggesting we could have multiple IKs for TGR if that made sense, there's not like a limitation or anything, so "TGR forums IK specifically for Mafia" is a title that could exist.

I think thats more ideal

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

miss dat gulag

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

birdstrike posted:

One thing which might? be helpful as a resource is a discussion of good and bad behaviour which may not be technically against rules but is frowned upon.

eg don’t case people for being online and not posting because
- we all have lives and it’s healthy to have boundaries
- kind of stalkerish

This would always annoy me yeah i cosign

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Snooze Cruise posted:

Can we move away from saying lunch too? Like I don't really know if we can pat ourselves on the back for moving away from using lynch if we are just changing one letter and saying the same thing but coded.

Ive been using Vote and Execute lately personally, lunch never felt right to me

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I remember when the role "assassin" became "juggernaut" for some reason. The words may change but the game is the same.

I thought there was a functional difference between the roles in how they interact with disruptive/redirective roles?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

This particular issue seems to be resolved and I don't want to revive it, but as a meta discussion of how to handle conflicts I think the issue with this is that there were a whole lot of people posting in a lot of ways and it still isn't clear what was making people uncomfortable. When it's unclear what the actual issue is everyone will just go

That's why I think it would be more effective to contact individuals about specific things they are doing that are making people uncomfortable. A general "hey everyone chill a bit" along with that is fine.
Yeah i think so but also we should try not to be dismissive to people that feel like they're not being heard, that's been the root of a lot of problems here i feel like.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. F! posted:

Maybe it’s time for a new mafia wiki

This tbh, one that is more adapted to modern mafia metagame

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shwinnebego posted:

I’m not actually trying to ‘restrict’ anyones language but just noting that when I (a non-black person of color in the US) see people use the word ‘lunch’ in the lying game on the overwhelmingly white forum I think “hey look a (probably) white person is going out of their way to avoid saying ‘lynch’”

Having to have this thought feels a bit cringe and annoying and distracting when I’m trynna relax and be an evil scum

If that matters to you, you may consider using a different word

Again, not advocating for a ‘restriction,’ but hoping ya might be sympathetic to this

Yeah this was my thinking on it which is why i started moving away from it, I'd rather use alternatives that make sense rather than awkward stilted language

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Don't Blame Me, I Bet On Fair Dick!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Leperflesh play a game with us it's rare we get so many games recruiting at once

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

i am STONE COLD 64, aka JOHN CENA, aka GIF PROBST, aka you know what i have a lot of name changes.

my first mafia game was in the early 00s but my first one on SA? I don't remember, i think it was Metal Gear Solid.

my favorite mafia memory is certainly not Jose Valasquez shooting me right before i was set to reach my wincon in HP Mafia

i like to play mafia because it lets me interact with people in a way i usually don't get to where you are simultaneously looking for what isn't being said vs what is actually being said. i love the mystery of the game and just untangling everything. but the other fact is i actually much prefer running games to actually playing in them. i like to see what people do when presented with a sandbox. also i don't treat capitalization or punctuation with any regard or respect in mafia. i do not feel that its my job to make things easy for scum. even in serious games i am going to have my own fun

as for something fun about myself, my love of mafia goes back far enough that it resulted in me once making a very poor choice for an AOL username

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

death cob for cutie posted:

tell us the name, JOHNATHAN CENA :allears:

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was really into mafia and pokemon back in the late 90s and my username was charizardscumhunter@aol.com it wasnt until i signed on that i immediately realized how it could be misread and i started getting flamed in the america online chatrooms i begged my mom to let me change my name but she told me that sometimes we have to live with our poor life choices

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

We should send leperflesh and train him wrong, as a joke

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i am retired again as a player.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Congarts somber

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ive unretired

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i have retired.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

When do we get to pawn off votefinder to him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

death cob for cutie posted:

FYI, it is very likely that the current template system that Votefinder uses is going to be severely overhauled in the future - in fact, "templates" may just become data associated with each game, where you set certain things like any customization to the posted votecount messages.

Is anybody upset about this idea? Does this ruin anybody's good time?

im too dumb to notice any difference.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

harry and the hendersons has ended in a SCUM VICTORY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

##Shoot JoseV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

happy thanksgiving. stick around for monday, if you'll walk through the garden.