Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
groundfloor in an incredible thread that I wanted to help make but didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

can we send mr. steak to the championships even though he's banned

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

Hasn't hal done like 1000 games? If we send him he probably won't even notice the extra time commitment

hal would be a fine choice as well

please note that I am picking who I find to be a funny choice, not the best mafia player

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

NFTfia cyor

Reposting for new thread come join

fine, I will Participate in the Mafia Community

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

my votes are for Avengers Mafia, where I completely hosed my team because taste just made up some bullshit on the fly, while steak was bullshitting the entire game, that was a wild time

also this trainwreck in towngold and scumsilver which still makes me laugh every time I think about it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

poor mr steak, idk why he thought that was even remotely a good thread, any one of us could have looked over his shoulder and said "do literally anything but this"

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

header image needs more boos

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

since I'm looking over my last games, amazed that I somehow didn't win a single game in 2021,

Chic Trombone posted:

may your next dcss run end ignobly for breathing this idea into being

I think I've played hundreds of games since then and like 99% of them have ended ignobly, thanks for wizard cursing me

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

play Nova Drift

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Oh, Alli's finally passing on Votefinder? I think I might be able to handle that. Maybe. Ish.

Or maybe it's imposter syndrome.

e: unless someone really wants to wrangle it I think I'd like to try, to get some more knowledge under my belt - I'm pretty sure I can do most of the important stuff and keep it running, and I might finally have the motivation to add some of the features I've been wanting

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 8, 2022

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I can only play in Certified Mafia Compliant Experiences

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

whoops ignore me

ignore what?????

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

what am I ignoring

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I am excited for a trememdous mafia revival tour with names of old

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

it is never too late to revive our good friend mafia

been thinking about a few interestingly mechanical games but I also wonder if maybe some quick 7 or 11-player games might be good

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

We do occasionally run smaller mechanics-light games, or games that have a mechanical twist but aren't outside of scope for a newbie.

I really want to run a smaller new-person focused game soonish, work is just a nightmare right now.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I thought B&R got started around the time Lowtax was revealed to be even shittier than previously known

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

man this is gonna get depressing

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

I think one problem I have with mafia is that I want to like it more than I do. I'm a loving dogshit terrible mafia player. Like seriously, I'm really loving bad. I'm terrible at playing games. I'm not too good at running them either. So generally, I just admire mafia games from afar. :(

nobody is good at mafia

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

is leperflesh gone yet, I wanna discuss the Jemery Memorial Sex Camp Mafia Series

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Jump King posted:

my understanding is that ep wanted it, and I'll abide by that i just think i might have a better point of contact here than most

I don't think I wanted it per se, I was just the most technical person around who also knows Django.

I can provide hosting for it, I actually already have servers up for both the main and beta sites - I'm just really drowning in job/personal stuff ATM and have not had the time to touch anything

If you want to host it on local hardware that's cool too, as long as it/your connection is reliable

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

if this all started because Leperflesh asked us if we need an IK because of some shithead running weird games I'm going to pout

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

some of us are Idiot Queens

I'm an Idiot Quing myself

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Leperflesh posted:

oh you're a SAD IQ you'd be perfect, you do it, if you can handle the trashfires over there this'd be a piece of cake
I'm kidding

I do occasionally play board and card games and poo poo but I'm also not really active in any of those threads so I'd be a poor IK

if you want someone to read reports and go into threads and stuff, maybe, but I'm probably a total unknown to the TG community

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I tolerate myself and like the rest of you well enough

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

I think we should say our handles, our first mafia game, a favorite mafia memory, and why we like to play mafia and/or something fun about ourselves.

okay this is cute

hello! I am death cob for cutie, but most players know me as epsilon. I identify as nonbinary, you can use "he" or "they" in reference to me.

my first mafia game was Beard Mafia! it was a cute lil intro to mafia

I have a lot of good mafia memories, primarily some of the wilder games I've run, but I think my favorite is a scumdoc that Somberbrero was in - I don't remember how it got to this, but I asked him to list his favorite bodies of water. One of the ones that made his list was moats, and I'll always remember the phrase "try drowning a knight anywhere else, then get back to me".

I like to play mafia because it's an interesting little intellectual exercise, especially closed setups or interesting ones. I've run a few games that have had some really interesting setups/outcomes and I really like variety in games! I don't play super often because it seems like every time I join a game my life goes to hell somehow, but it's nice to be part of a community.

Fun facts about me:
- I've won exactly one game of Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup
- idk if I can call myself a "bass player" anymore as I haven't touched mine in like two years now
- I am a Python programmer

Scientastic posted:

This is the first thing anyone has posted that has made me genuinely uncomfortable.

This isn’t an awkward work ice-breaker, I’m not posting any of that poo poo, I’m perfectly fine with playing mafia with people who don’t know the real me.

If that means I don’t get to be part of the gang, that’s fine, I’ve never felt like part of the vet crew and I am too old to be a newbie hugging sharing type, I’ll just remain standoffish and British.

it's not that serious, nobody's going to exile you for not participating in the dumb icebreaker

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

A fun fact about me is that I speedrun old JRPGs, and I have the WR in Final Fantasy 5 Any% (and top 10 in Chrono Trigger that I'll be trying to push lower).

wait when did you actually get the WR?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

your first ecco game was "Invasion from Beyond the Stars!", in 2014. idk about other games I'm sure there were others

I will also tell the thread and community broadly that as far as I know I have the World Record in the hit 1991 MS-DOS video game SkiFree.

you are actually somehow beating the world record for every category by ten seconds, https://www.speedrun.com/skifree/full_game?h=Slalom&x=zd3ll0yd

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

Oh right before I got distracted seeing Nat had brought up Shine V first, I was gonna post that a fun thing about me is I love karaoke, and sometimes try and perform mashup versions by singing different lyrics over a karaoke track. The wildest one I ever got away with was William Maranci's "Bohemian WAPsody".

one time I watched a video of this dude who just recited the chorus of Head Like A Hole over a karaoke track for Party In The USA

it's one of those things where it wasn't really all that funny but for some reason, to me, it's a sidesplitter

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

STONE COLD 64 posted:

as for something fun about myself, my love of mafia goes back far enough that it resulted in me once making a very poor choice for an AOL username

tell us the name, JOHNATHAN CENA :allears:

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dear mafia, please pray for me during my root canal

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

it was too wholesome for you, wasn't it

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I'm gonna shart my loving jorts

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think things are in a workable situation re: VF for now

let me know if it breaks

going to bed now

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

yo imma poke at VF a bit today; all I'm really doing right now is config stuff and it's entirely possible that you won't even notice it being down at some point

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

yo there may be a little bit of votefinder downtime today as I pull some comically oversized levers and release great gouts of steam from quivering brass pipes or some poo poo

most of the stuff won't look any different but there'll be a temp fix up for games that are broken and there'll be a new place to enter your Discord username on your profile if you want! it doesn't show up anywhere else yet but

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

heckie heckie bo-beckie I somehow broke vf's ability to read posts

I will attend to this in the Morning I have a feeling I know what the issue is

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Please ignore this votecount from sometime during day 2 of The Egyptian Job (or maybe Pridefia I have multiple games open) that I'll be tweaking the bbcode for, as I can't visualize what it looks like rendered quite yet:
Votecount for Day {{day}}

saladscooper (6): Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, Hal Insandenza, Somberbrero, Somberbrero, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, Tea Party Crasher, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Tired Moritz, JosefStalinator, Potato Salad
Johnny Keats (3): Potato Salad, Sandwolf, Squiggly, CubicalSucrose, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Potato Salad, got some chores tonight
Toalpaz (2): Potato Salad, Johnny Keats, saladscooper, saladscooper, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper, got some chores tonight, Toalpaz, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper, Johnny Keats
Squiggly (2): saladscooper, Johnny Keats
CubicalSucrose (1): saladscooper, Idle Amalgam, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Potato Salad, Johnny Keats, JosefStalinator, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, Hal Insandenza, Tea Party Crasher, Tired Moritz, Somberbrero, Johnny Keats, saladscooper, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, Somberbrero, Tired Moritz
Somberbrero (0): got some chores tonight, Sandwolf, Sandwolf, got some chores tonight
Hal Insandenza (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
Potato Salad (0): JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator
JosefStalinator (0): saladscooper, Idle Amalgam, Potato Salad, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, Idle Amalgam, saladscooper, Potato Salad
Sandwolf (0): Idle Amalgam, Idle Amalgam, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
got some chores tonight (0): Tired Moritz, Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, CubicalSucrose, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, Potato Salad, Tired Moritz, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, Potato Salad, JosefStalinator, CubicalSucrose
Tired Moritz (0): Somberbrero, Somberbrero
Tea Party Crasher (0): Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats, CubicalSucrose, CubicalSucrose
Idle Amalgam (0): got some chores tonight, Somberbrero, got some chores tonight, Somberbrero

With {{alive}} alive, it's {{tolynch}} votes to execute. {{deadline}}

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jul 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Also ignore this, I really just need a scratch area to make sure this is sane and until Jeffery hires me I don't have a spare vbb license around:

Votecount for Day {{day}}

JosefStalinator (3): Tea Party Crasher, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, CubicalSucrose, Tea Party Crasher, Bifauxnen, Tea Party Crasher, CapitalistPig
Johnny Keats (2): Tea Party Crasher, CapitalistPig, JosefStalinator, wologar, Johnny Keats, Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, CapitalistPig
Tea Party Crasher (1): Rhymes With Clue, Johnny Keats, Johnny Keats
CubicalSucrose (1): Tea Party Crasher, JosefStalinator, Tea Party Crasher

Not voting: CubicalSucrose, Voodoofly

With {{alive}} alive, it's {{tolynch}} votes to execute. {{deadline}}