Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Signups open for Love, Masons, and Mafia! This is a role madness game for 17 players. I'm expecting it to be a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

that sounds awesome though??? I would unfortunately self-destruct if I caught any serious heat probably but drat it'd be fun to mindfuck everyone until then.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting married today! Savahontas and I first met in VOTE1's Slenderman mini-Mafia in 2009. I wanted to honor that part of our relationship with a gift I received many moons ago from Little Mac. I feel in some ways indebted to the community for my present happiness, she doesn't play anymore but it is fun to read back through our cringey private messages here. Thank you, Mafia community.

Congrats to both of you!

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I'm not sure how much I'd fiddle with them personally but customization options and templates are rad and I'd love to steal somebody else's good themed template if I thought it made sense for a game.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Oi, is the meta to generally try to execute someone day 1? If so, why?

I've seen this a few times and I can't figure it out, and I don't anticipate getting a non-irony-poisoned answer within an active game thread.

Legitimately it is the starting point to create reads on people. Take the recent vigs mafia, nobody had a single clue who was scum (except Dhaes, lol) until people actually started to play on day 3. I was killed next because I didn't have the energy to fully resist merk's case on me based on that same day (and also because people have apparently forgotten what scum merk looks like, shame on them). If the thread had taken Pecota's advice to start playing Day 2, that might have ended in a town win instead. Scum have the most incentive to push people for votes and lead everyone around by the nose when they can do it without being found suspicious, town otoh has no clue whoscum and is generally guessing so their incentive structure on voting and cases are different. Town has to agree to execute even other town initially because if it doesn't, that just sets town back on time without cementing the kinds of poo poo that make scum stand out and also cementing whether someone who was passionately trying to get someone dead was right, wrong, or scummy for it. You can't tell if someone is scummy nearly as easy if you have no idea what the alignments are of the people they have talked about, pushed, and defended.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Scientastic posted:

You should use your roleblock because it’s more fun to do so

IcePhoenix posted:

using a roleblock will always give you information and not using it will rarely give you information

both of these. if you block someone, their reaction or lack thereof is information you won't have if you stay home, and buttons are there to be pushed.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Yami Fenrir posted:

If you don't accidentally roleblock the doctor when they would have prevented the cop's death, are you really playing mafia?

My version of this is causing the mod to mistakenly have me visit two other town players before correctly resolving me as visiting a dead player over wishful thinking re: their claims in thread.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Sawfia, a bastard game of Mafia for 9 players, is now open! Come help me play a little game.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Come join the City of Chaos. 19 players, bastard Mafia-like, plenty of fireworks this time.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Still looking for 3 more players for City of Chaos. It's crazy but there will be friends and cookies.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

How does cookfia work? Is it labor intensive?

It can be as much or as little work on the cooking as you want. IIRC last round we had one player who claimed a "spooky" dish with telling the story of how they drank water out of an empty-save-the-crumbs Pringle can, and then there was a player who made an incredible cake in the shape of a chicken. If you make a good argument on why your dish should count, you get the points. If you want to play pure Mafia, you don't have to engage the cooking either; you typically get one free spice to do with as you please, but that's it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Propaganda Machine posted:

What does it mean to get points from a dish? What are they worth? And what is to do with a free spice, are ingredients power roles or something?

CubicalSucrose posted:

Just skimming through the last one is probably the best way to go

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037299

The OP of the last one is really informative on this subject; to broadly sum it up though, 1. spices are powers/power modifiers you can buy for points and mix together to make new powers up, 2. you get points by making dishes, 3. what counts for points and how many are arbitrated by Grandi (not arbitrarily, but how dishes count for points is better described by the OP), 4. you can mix spices to your heart's content while the game is still going and so if you have ever wondered what happens when you mix a cop, doctor, and vig together, you can make that happen if you buy all the right spices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Grandicap posted:

Not a joke. You'll do great.