Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im glad mafia is dead, ghosts are cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
roleplaying in mafia is when you read a bad post and want to roll away from your computer

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chaoslord posted:

Look as long as no one runs PopCon again we'll probably all be fine

we could run it again but this time actually let me win the game and have everyone signing contracts saying so

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
how do i remove stuff on vote finder if my vote finder account seems seperated from the account that actually records my games also can it delete old alias who runs this stuff these days because there is some stuff i want deleted

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shellception posted:

Steak wasn't running a Mafia game tho, it was a CYOA I think? No human players were involved, and welp, yeah, he earned that one.

yeah it was a CYOA and didn't got past the OP

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Shellception posted:

Yeah, like, I can't fathom a Mafia game whose concepts are actually inappropiate for people to play, but I guess it could happen.

i mean "lynch" and "hooker/prostitute" are common terms use in certain communities and have been use here in games, like jump king says you just need to go look for it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Votefinder is an ongoing situation, the current maintainer isn't interested in maintaining it and there's been a lot of talk about epsilon/death cob for cutie taking over, but it hasn't happened yet.

is there anyway to get name remove rn or is it just a thing of i need to wait, im fine with the later but it still bothers me to have stuff in there that misgenders me, sob sob

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sandwolf posted:

We’ve stepped away from “lynch” entirely and I’ve never seen the latter used here, though can’t say it doesn’t matter.

oh i know im just pointing out hes right

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

oh no

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So I know you can log into your VF account and fix your pronouns. To kill Aliases that you hate, you have to go to View Players, search for your SA name, and click on that page for your profile. THen just x out any aliases you never want to see again.

my account isn't connected to that account somehow though, that is the issue

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

You should be able to go in and claim the account that exists, you'll have to do a short song and dance with your SA profile but then it should be linked up again?

it doesn't work because if i make new account it says account by that name already exists

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
gulagdolls is the funniest person to ever live

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Can we move away from saying lunch too? Like I don't really know if we can pat ourselves on the back for moving away from using lynch if we are just changing one letter and saying the same thing but coded.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i know that is a joke but i would prefer to avoid cutesy hehe we are not saying lynch stuff in all forms, yes

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
another reason why ecco makes since for the ik, wow

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
happy to see that leperfish was completely clueless about what mafia is but now innately understands mafia players hatred for playing mafia

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you never herad of the famous snooze cruise...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
since its a start of a new mafia era i think someone should give mr. f a new avatar

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

My Second Re-Reg posted:

And somehow that makes me less qualified to voice an opinion on the subject than people who haven't been playing Mafia for the last year?

All these names I've never heard of before coming in and saying "Mafia is back, baybee!!"? Mafia was never gone. It never died. You just left.

what the, lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
has mafia adopted the art form of "kayfabe" while i wasn't paying attention to this thread or is re-reg just like this?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chaoslord posted:

Yes please I’m going to have to turn off Avs at work again otherwise

Actually I’ll do it tonight if no one else will. Quote this post with your best suggestion for Mr F’s new avatar

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh that was suppose to be gif let me try again

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Sandwolf posted:

The group of veteran players who have largely not played at all recently to come get a slam in on a currently active player is the cliques you old folks have been railing against. Come on.

it was bad posting, it would get laugh at any other thread on these forums

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

shwinnebego posted:

I also prefer not to have “cops” (cops are awful and I don’t want to pretend to be one in my dumb forum lying game) and I always call them “seers” instead but that hasn’t seemed to catch on here.

ohh that is a good point and one i never thought of, i like that too

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i would like to say i just was loling at a bad post i dunno what mags is doing lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i give up on this gif, maybe instead the new avatar could be the monster from frankenstien, that way people are like "wait so the f in mr. f is suppose to be frankenstien, but that is the doctor" and then we can really annoy people

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think laughing at a bad post is ok and the fact that this has to turn into a big hubadub about whether or not this was cliquey from both sides is more unwelcoming to people than anything honestly, lol

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

DGK2000 posted:

I see nothing has changed with your mafia play

lmao

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this reminds me i have a very dumb idea for a complicated mafia game does anyone want to hear it?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

OK so its a draft.
You figure out a good number of players for this, I don't know, I am not a math person. But for the example lets just say 10 right now. 10 people sign up for the draft, and you get a list of 30 roles. And then you do the typical draft thing of grabbing your first pick and yadda yadda till everyone gets 3 roles.

There will be 3 games of mafia, so these 30 roles go with those 3 games, but you don't know which roles will go with which game. As these games get played you'll get points for how the roles do, so complete a win condition is like 5 points or whatever and you also get points for living longer. But also certain actions give you points, like if you pick up a seer and the seer gets a evil result that gets a certain amount of points, but you could get funky with it too where like a reverse seer gets the same amount of of points even though they are going to see more people as evil.

Again don't know how to do the number stuff to make all of this work but someone should run this because it would be dumb and fun~

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CapitalistPig posted:

hmmm, I like it.

oh a good excuse to have a jester in a game too because then you have this meta thing of like "well we know there is a jester in one of these games because of the draft but is it this one???"

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Voodoofly posted:

Look can we move a random game out of here and also stop with shitposting for at least a little while to try and actually get some consensus on how to make our community better.

This entire discussion is related to people feeling uncomfortable and not feeling comfortable about speaking up. I've had multiple conversations today with people who have said they feel uncomfortable with some of the recent discussions, specifically ignoring people's views, or telling them to gently caress off. It isn't helping. It doesn't matter who you are, how many or few games you have played, whatever. Everyone's voice should be heard and considered.

this type of policing is also... uncomfortable though? like it is a general discussion thread, like yes its important to figure this stuff out but going about this way is just adding to the heighten posting right now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
tbc i do agree with most of that voodoofly post but being like stop shitposting, only talk about this, is just... not the way to go about it

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 24, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it was nice when i was happy i felt comfortable about posting in the thread again since things were made to be out of the open but now there is a lot of scary fighting which i hope gets solved :angel:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

did you like my draft idea, i thought it was fun....

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think cops is a way less degree of bad than lynch when it comes to game terminology but there is an inherent thing where its like they are the good guys in the game. and as you said we could just call them PIs or as pointed out earlier seers. its not one i would like comment on if it pop up in a game but it does seem like something to keep in mind.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
someone do my draft idea

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Idle Amalgam posted:

Lol my bad, I thought you were an irredeemable poo poo poster and joking. Picked up the wrong vibe.

what the, sob sob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

It's okay young mafia players. They'll fall asleep watching westerns on the lazy boy soon enough and we'll have the thread to ourselves.

didn't you just turn 37?