Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
thanks to Shell for working very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sub Rosa posted:

I'm not conflating them, but I do think there are interesting parallels.

And Shell, sorry if this feels like I'm being lovely like Sandwolf says. Not what I'm trying to go for. I think you're great and do a great job with the Discord and I don't think you should feel a need to recuse yourself.

What are you going for, then? If it's not that, I don't understand your stance.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I have suggested sandwolf as the IK for mafia threads/games here would there be any issue with that?

If he wants to, sure.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

really, I don't want to do this

Then don't, lol.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
We should make the next new person to play a game IK.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Ecco may or may not be the best person for the job. I don't know her directly, so I can't be sure either way.

However, it weirds me out that she has been so adamant on getting it.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mr. F! posted:

Shut up loser

Mr. F! posted:

I think everyone should take a deep breath and then keep that breath inside and shut up

Ah, the old mafia I heard about, in the flesh. :nallears:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mr. F! posted:

I think it’s funny people are so mad

It's not.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Sandwolf posted:

“It’s not cool for someone to feel uncomfortable here”

“Hey this guy said something an old group of players dislikes, get him!!”

Yep. "Boy, am I glad cliques are gone and we're free from their bullshit. Now let's spread cliquity bs here."

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mr. F! posted:

It is though. This is a very small thing. The IK will literally never do anything. It won’t affect ongoing games at all.

Oh, the IK is whatever. I meant your attitude.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
I think that Keane (and Chaoslord) meant well, as they are looking at this as a bigger picture thing, and not just the recent thread interaction, which I think is what Cloaca focused on.

I also understand that Jump King (and Snooze?) can feel alienated by some reactions in the thread.

Basically, this seems to be a case of people talking past each other.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Kurukshetra Hovarabord Showdown, 15-player role-madness is taking sign-ups!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029419

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Opopanax posted:

Amnistar did an all vigs game. IIRC he sent the PMs out wrong and it never got off the ground

lol

That's why you should just copypaste PMs!

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Four more for desert hoverboarding fun times, btw:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029419

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

HTTPS access to Votefinder has been restored, which also fixes a few related issues like images not working. Votefinder is now once more accessible at https://votefinder.org/.

There are still a few lingering issues such as the "gameday + 1" issue. We're working on smoothing those out.

CapitalistPig posted:

Hurray! I appreciate all of the work people have put into this.

:comfyoot:

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Somberbrero posted:

I'm getting married today! Savahontas and I first met in VOTE1's Slenderman mini-Mafia in 2009. I wanted to honor that part of our relationship with a gift I received many moons ago from Little Mac. I feel in some ways indebted to the community for my present happiness, she doesn't play anymore but it is fun to read back through our cringey private messages here. Thank you, Mafia community.

Wow, congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Do you know what we need? That's right: more games.

Join ABBAfia, a role madness game for 17 players!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4052418