Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I woke up at 5am today to smoke a pork butt and wanted to update Cookfia but instead find a new terrible thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Good pic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you need hosting money, I can help.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
BUT I WANT FULL IP ASSIGNMENT

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Same

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Also happy merkday, birth

Thank you! One more year until the great mafia reunion at my 40th birthday party?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hey, did we lose the old version of the wiki that had the completed games list from the first ever games ran on SA?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Potato Salad posted:

Oi, is the meta to generally try to execute someone day 1? If so, why?

I've seen this a few times and I can't figure it out, and I don't anticipate getting a non-irony-poisoned answer within an active game thread.

Town of Salem meta is wrong.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

ilmucche posted:

Sandwolf is the worst and you should always vote for that guy

He pronounces his own name as “sand-woof.”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Night action bingo games are not mafia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Johnny Keats posted:

Lowkey make all town power roles dependent on somebody being executed the previous day. Problem solved

I can see it now: “But if we execute someone, it might supercharge scum powers!”

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Thats a great sketch.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Grandicap posted:

This is false.

I will never ask you to stop.

I want in on the next Cookfia.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I was the scum mvp of my game and they gave mvp to some quirky person who really didn’t have an impact. I’m not still upset about it as you can tell.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
We should implement a big game queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

fool of sound posted:

This is exactly the emotional blackmail that I'm talking about though. Having a meltdown should not be a method of getting people off your case. That create the perverse incentives to be emotionally manipulative. If someone is reaching that point they need to not be in the game.

As someone who used to have that tool in my mafia toolbelt, I completely agree with you. It’s juvenile.

Looking back on my early mafia career, I hated some of the things I would try to win. Emotional outbursts, posting content knowing it would upset the other player so they would make a mistake, gamesmanship as to whether I was available irl or not, etc.

It’s like using an aimbot in a casual fps game. You might win, but you’re actual scum.

Pure, objective review of content is now my only goal when I play. I don’t always get there, but it’s the North Star. It took me years of growth to flush that other stuff out, and I’m sorry to anyone who may have been on the wrong side of it.