Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Third

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Look at all these people discussing mafia and not playing....smh

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

death cob for cutie posted:

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

Fighting at LYLO for the town win - I vividly remember sitting at a restaurant frantically phone posting to convince the other two town. You'll be glad to know my "perpetually scum" persona hasn't changed in nearly 10 years.

Breakfast Food Showdown

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

CapitalistPig posted:

this was not the chaos dunk, BUT, this was pretty funny.

The chaos dunk was this -

poor husband

This was my first game as scum and it was loving crazy. Thankfully it was massive and I had people to carry my newbie rear end.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Edit: don't mind me, think game is full after all.

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 7, 2022

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Quackles posted:

It's a lovely morning in the village, and you are a horrible goose... if you're a mafia member, that is.

(Picture links to game)

3 more HONKin people needed :honk:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Still need 7 more players!

Need 5 more players!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4000261

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Shellception posted:

13 players, not-quite-role-madness, recruiting now.

5 more players needed!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

gay for gacha posted:

What's the story of Marco from naruto forums

His favorite role is Marco from the Naruto forums

His favorite setup is Marco from the Naruto forums

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sandwolf posted:

John Cena’s just opened a mafia game! Come join!!

Heavy Metal Mafia!

4 spots left, join us or this will happen to you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbzZcQNWv3Y

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Please change your name to bloodassbootcelery

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Open for signups - a 13 player role madness semi-CYOR (actual game start is Nov 7th hopefully, depending on how fast this fills):

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Happy birthday if you were born today

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

SporkChan posted:

I was born on the day you posted this, but too busy to see it then. So I'll assume this was directed at me, and no one else!

Thanks Maer!

I was only referring to you, so you're welcome!

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Grandicap posted:

That was pre-pandemic. Jemery has a wife and kids now!

Jemery at the holiday party telling his coworkers how he met his now wife Brahbara - "we locked eyes on the bus to sex camp and I just knew right then I'd marry her someday."

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Grandicap posted:

Speaking of Secret Santas. Maer was mine, and I have received part 1 of my gift.
A set of foodie dice. You roll them for a randomized inspiration on what to cook. Look forward for them to feature prominently in Cookfia 8: Roll the Dice, coming to a thread near you in February 2023 (probably)

They are super cool because they have a set of seasonal dice you swap out based on what's fresh.

I'm glad you like them and definitely won't regret gifting them to you for a future Cookfia!

I will say there's nothing Umbreon related in the followup box coming to you, I had asked for Umbreon headshots to do something like this but it got to be too pricey and worried it wouldn't arrive in time:

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Mafia is still alive and kicking, we've got new games going all the time (they don't get posted as frequently here probably, should try to rectify that)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

To be completely frank (and nothing against Ecco who I've never had a cross interaction with) but anyone WANTING an IK position or any kind of "authority" position gets my hackles up.

I don't think we need an IK; I feel comfortable reaching out to one of the mods or a senior mafia member (as in really old/nearing retirement age...😋) who is still a part of the community if I have any concerns.

I don't see our community as such a monolith that we have specific moderation needs. Of course that could change in the future with this increased attention but I think it's bad to add moderation as a knee jerk reaction...how often did we have to ask Pod to do anything with threads or probe people?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Opopanax posted:

Sandwolf would be fine, I'd say two things about having an IK

1) i think that while it should be someone involved in the community, it probably shouldn't be someone who actively plays

2) we should really have 2 people sharing it to avoid any corruption issues

I agree with this if people decide IKs are needed (more than one and someone who is familiar with the current mafia community)

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I'm Maerlyn, she/her. I started playing Mafia here in 2013, my first game was a CPig game called El Dorado, Battle in the Desert so I didn't even start off with something newbie friendly but I think I spectated a ton before I actually jumped in.

My favorite memory from that time was Breakfast Food Mafia - sitting in a restaurant half eating dinner, half frantically phone posting at Diqnol and Magres (masons) to vote scum instead of me (town doc) on EXLO. The "Maerlyn always sounds scummy" meta was present even back then 😛

I think the community being what it was at the time and my untreated anxiety not helping, I bailed until 2021. I'm not sure what drew me back - no one reached out, I just started observing again but I think I'm here for good or until SA dies a fiery death.

It's hard for me to choose favorites from the past few years because there are a lot of good moments...two I thought of first are as scum and falling for a Toal gambit (my admitting I had visited the NK target when Toal just flat out lied and didn't see anything, ObamaAkbar was a poisoner and we actually both visited the NK, I was just too honest) and another memory would be being 3P in X Files Mafia and Shell being a bounty hunter, using her one vig shot early and then finding out I was the person she needed to kill to abscond.

I'm dipping a toe in modding and enjoy co-modding; I am happy that Shell and I are responsible for converting some of the players from Video Game mafia to regular players because they are all creative as gently caress and fun to play with.

Something about me is I play a lot of board games on Board Game Arena, it's kinda a running joke for some because I keep trying to add to my gaming cabal (I don't work for them, just a fan).

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Opopanax posted:

What? There's no way you've been here 10 years. Stop lying

I played in maybe 7-8 games and then vanished.

We actually played in this game together apparently: https://votefinder.org/game/the-siege-of-g

Oh god 10 year anniversary in ... May???

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 26, 2023

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Diqnol posted:

I remember Maerlyn playing way back when for sure

Yeah I liked to sass you then, it was pretty fun.

I don't really remember what drove me off other than just "I'm bad at this game and I can't handle it". I just found a PM from Zesty in 2015 looking for people to return - probably a mass messaging call for new blood? I can't imagine anyone was really like "that girl who played 7 games, GET HER BACK!"

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Sub Rosa posted:

I propose b- for Mafia Champs based on performance in the All Stars game I ran and the stats I ran for that game.

binus will soulread and name all the scum on D1 so I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Propaganda Machine posted:

How does cookfia work? Is it labor intensive?

You give a recipe that you would like to see others make upon your eventual death, and you make flipped players recipes but it's open to your own preference (at the time I lived with picky eaters so couldn't make anything extravagant).

Grandi also puts up small challenges like "make something with cheese", a couple games ago one was to write a long winded intro to a recipe like in an online blog and I had fun writing about Haystacks: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4014920&pagenumber=18&perpage=40&userid=0#post527538246