Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
How does cookfia work? Is it labor intensive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

It can be as much or as little work on the cooking as you want. IIRC last round we had one player who claimed a "spooky" dish with telling the story of how they drank water out of an empty-save-the-crumbs Pringle can, and then there was a player who made an incredible cake in the shape of a chicken. If you make a good argument on why your dish should count, you get the points. If you want to play pure Mafia, you don't have to engage the cooking either; you typically get one free spice to do with as you please, but that's it.

What does it mean to get points from a dish? What are they worth? And what is to do with a free spice, are ingredients power roles or something?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I'll just say my little piece and float away for another long while.

I'm not proud of the attitude I copped in the recent game I played, but I was trying to get my feet back wet and while I was trying to get a handle of things on D1/2 I felt like I was getting attacked and interrogated and after a while it was difficult not to let emotions get involved.

I fully understand that that is the nature of the game, which is why I've backed away, but I want to try and play which is why I've come back over the years.

There's a deep player roster with deep meta here, though. I can't take my cute little precious attitude as something to be considered over that. The closest thing I can think of is the odd newbie game here or there which is really nice but beyond that I can't think of a great solution. Cheers and good luck and go cook some epic meals over that current game for internet cash and prizes, you goons~