Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

first page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mr. Humalong posted:

if you're reading this in 2025 quote me and list how many people on this page still play mafia

I'm going to play a game in 2025 just to spite you now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

death cob for cutie posted:

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

my best game was probably Octopathfia, so that's my favorite because I'm dumb and have a bad memory

But I also had a lot of fun in Final Fantasy IX mafia even though I threw a bit at the end.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I just remembered another good mafia game.

I was joat and didn't claim the whole game until it was lylo in role madness, and scum team (4 posters) all scum-rushed another player. Despite me not claiming they elected to NK me. One of my available abilities that night was a redirection, so I redirected to a vulnerable scum team member and killed them. Then we spent 4 days executing them one by one hahaha.

Was this my Final Fantasy game? I remember something like that happening and it was v funny

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I mean it depends on what you like but Return Of The Obra Dinn would be incredibly high on my list

e: apparently this got a switch port at some point, this is going to be a recurring theme with any "must play" game I feel

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 14, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

girl dick energy posted:

If you like slightly-finicky base building games, or ever thought "man, what if Dwarf Fortress but as a space western", Rimworld is great.

seconding rimworld, was the other one that jumped to the front of my mind but idk how well it will play on a steam deck

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oh nobody has mentioned it yet but Vampire Survivors would be a great drop in drop out game to play on the go and is still actually PC exclusive

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thank you Alli :)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sandwolf posted:

look, bud, I simply hate Mary Worth

honestly this is the best and most understandable answer you could have given

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't really play anymore but I lurk and sometimes butt into conversations so I will participate

Hello my name is IcePhoenix.

I don't think it was my first mafia game but the first one that I remember is Nat20's DBZ mafia 2 that mord already posted about.

My favorite mafia moment was in the Persona 5 Mafia game that I ran. In the setup I made the Phantom Thieves a separate alignment but their win condition was just the same as town. While my pipe dream was that it would cause the town to not trust them/worry about them in a similar manner to the actual game, I figured that because of how many players in the game had played P5 they would just see through it. But they didn't! There were a few days where people were treating the Phantom Thieves as a third alignment with different goals and it made me very happy that something I threw in like that worked out exactly how I had hoped it would.

I like to play mafia for the puzzle solving as well. I usually don't like to get scum roles even though I think the best overall game I played was probably as scum in Octopath Traveler Mafia. But at some point it stopped being as fun.

There is nothing fun about me something fun about me is that I sang the national anthem at the first Minnesota Twins game after 9/11

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cop sanity beyond sane/insane only works in games with multiple cops imo because you can really easily fail my rule #1 of setup: is the player going to have fun with their role?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MockingQuantum posted:

I assume these are all contingent on the player not knowing they are insane/paranoid/naive?

That is correct yes. In some games their sanity won't even show when they flip.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Green Wing posted:

For the full 'how we played it back when I was at university' mode you gotta make it open setup,no flips,multiple vigs,and Town has to vote to end the game when they think they got every scum. And scum could choose not to kill.

They were terrible games in retrospect

what happens if you vote to end it and are wrong, does town just lose? Or does it just end the day phase and go to the next night?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

I ran one game with a role so bad to play I think the player quit. In short, you can be your dreams I'm living proof.

(It was a puppet killer sk that poisoned players, and then got to give them 3 posts they had to make without referencing they were Anon posts they were given)

I remember this. You had to modkill me because I refused to post what they were telling me to post. Which might be the player quit you're thinking of.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Yes it is, thank you for your service. O7

That's the long and short of it,

Always glad to help :)

To be fair if the posts had been what Squiggly was suggesting I probably would have begrudgingly gone along with it but I was being told to post weird poo poo entirely unrelated to the game including some weird/gross youtube video so I figured if I was going to die either way I'd rather just not do that.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Toalpaz posted:

Good morning, everyone! I'm saying these words of my own volition. I just wanted to take this chance for us to grow as a community and share some of our favorite tunes. This song is an instant classic from my favorite band of all time, and I hope you'll give them a listen. I have intended to write every single word in this post! Well, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blXhSF72nxs

yeah exactly, ty

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how the hell was I in that poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

using a roleblock will always give you information and not using it will rarely give you information