Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Here I am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

death cob for cutie posted:

to celebrate a new thread, post your favorite mafia thing that you or someone else did

CCKeane posted:

Final Fantasy 1 Mafia

I was part of a three person cult, (and not the recruiter) the two other cult members died day one, I confessed to not having a town alignment day two and managed to play it off long enough to get the win.

I'm happy one of my games was someone's choice.

As for my moments I can't narrow it all the way down but a selection of fun times -

whatever game the chaos dunk was in

My role in Krellfia and how I used it to betray the entire scumteam and stand as the sole victor.

the finish of Neighbor mafia where it was 3 person lylo with me, kashuno, and sirsamvines which was great.

there are probably more I just can't think of them right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

this was not the chaos dunk, BUT, this was pretty funny.

The chaos dunk was this -

poor husband

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Final Fantasy X/X-2 - The Finalest Fantasy

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Need replacements night 1 in FFX/X-2 mafia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004249

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
My Secret Santa I thank you.

This is a fantastic gift!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

CapitalistPig posted:

My Secret Santa I thank you.

This is a fantastic gift!

And then this came today <3

A chrono trigger campfire scene pillow case that I hung in my retro gaming corner <3

Whoever my santa is really had some foresight this year, I just set that corner up a couple days ago and it's the perfect decoration for it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Insandenza posted:

Great to see the PS3 has graduated to a retro gaming center.

I assume that is an old model that can do PS1 and PS2?

Sweet corner for sure!

Heck yeah, gimme that fat pillbox backwards compatibility

Because that's the only way i can play my ps1 and 2 games.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Idle Amalgam posted:

When do we reveal ourselves?? I'm revealing myself. I'm glad you like them, Pig. Sweet corner. Happy holidays!

<3

Really , you managed to pick perfect gifts for me and it synergized very well with me setting up that corner. Really fantastic job. Thank you so much. :)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hal Insandenza posted:

My secret santa gift came! Some guy had to hand deliver it me, that was pretty neat.

There was this really cool card game with these beautiful cards and some tasty caramels!

Thanks so much mystery santa, we are looking forward to playing this tonight while getting these caramels stuck in our teeth

It was me!

Glad you like.

I thought goods from local companies in your state would be a neat idea!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

Speaking of Secret Santas. Maer was mine, and I have received part 1 of my gift.
A set of foodie dice. You roll them for a randomized inspiration on what to cook. Look forward them to feature prominently in Cookfia 8: Roll the Dice, coming to a thread near you in February 2023 (probably)

They are super cool because they have a set of seasonal dice you swap out based on what's fresh.

This is neat!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
whoops ignore me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

ignore what?????

exactly

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

what am I ignoring

You are already doing it

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

t a s t e posted:

There’s a lot that I think I could fairly say about all this, and believe me, I’ve thought about doing so, but it probably doesn’t help anything. However, let’s acknowledge what happened to this community: it started getting choked to death by a sex pest’s expanding cult. People got hurt in ways I wasn’t even aware of. Is mafia dead? I don’t know, but it died for me a while ago. I’d like to see if we could possibly bring it back to life.

:dafuq:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Holy hell. What a wild ride.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thanks for the double post forums. Thanks.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mordiceius posted:

I think one problem I have with mafia is that I want to like it more than I do. I'm a loving dogshit terrible mafia player. Like seriously, I'm really loving bad. I'm terrible at playing games. I'm not too good at running them either. So generally, I just admire mafia games from afar. :(

Never stopped me

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

Hey Leperflesh, first and foremost, none of our poo poo here is roleplaying. Many of our community roleplay but there is very little actual overlap with Mafia and RP these days. I know a lot of the drama that just unfolded was all mafia-adjacent and we've had a lot of community wide conversations about the bad poo poo that has happened in the history of SA Mafia.

However, the current community of mafia players are all pretty sensible people. We do not run offsite Mafia games (we do use discords for organizing and information dispersal). The biggest in-community issue we have these days is rudeness. I am more than happy to come up with a disclaimer to be put in all Mafia OPs to address the need for comfort, communication, and anything else to cut back on any possible abuses.

e; We are not a monolith, would love other members of the community to chime in here

Yeah , I have never heard of there being any of the kinds of issues that were popping up in the RRG community being present in mafia.

I agree with this post overall.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Shellception posted:

Yeah, like, I can't fathom a Mafia game whose concepts are actually inappropiate for people to play, but I guess it could happen. It'd all be public for spectators anyway (unless it's like, a game using forum PMs maybe?) but even so, never hesitate to reach out, game integrity be loving damned, blow it up if needed. As a mod I'd rather have a blown up game than people getting hurt, tbh.

Edit: and hell, it's really really rare, but we've had games blown up by people just getting sour grapes at being eliminated, and that's orders of magnitude less important.

The only inappropriate thing i remember is when i made the mistake of giving mills the ability to write his own kill flavor as an SK.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

I have suggested sandwolf as the IK for mafia threads/games here would there be any issue with that?

Sandwolf is a rad dude.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
There sure are a lot of people posting that I haven't seen in a very long time!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jump King posted:

not stuff like mocking somebody’s dead cat.

Ugh THAT game

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I prefer puppycuddle.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

lmao

A bunch of people who don't play Mafia anymore boosting up an IK who almost never plays Mafia anymore

Who the gently caress are all you people?? Ecco has... what, run one game in the last year? Most of you I've never even seen before?

An admin comes in and literally says "I never have any reports about the Mafia threads" - maybe that means we don't need to screw with the current setup by giving IK powers to someone who's disconnected from the actual goings on of Mafia in 2023?

As someone who has been active in mafia on these forums for at least 10 years now and is still active as of 2023.

This is a bunch of bologna.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

How so? Sure, you're familiar, we've actually played before - but am I beholden to sucking up to the opinions of a whole bunch of people who aren't active in the Mafia community? So what if there are people posting here who used to be into Mafia - they aren't now, and really shouldn't be attempting to steer a community they left a long time ago.

I mean, I don't even really think we need a special mafia subform IK to begin with, but it isn't like the mafia community has changed all that much that ecco or someone else couldn't fill the role just fine. The game hasn't really changed, just the terms we use.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

The group of veteran players who have largely not played at all recently to come get a slam in on a currently active player is the cliques you old folks have been railing against. Come on.

I'm not slamming him , It's just kinda messed up to tell a bunch of people that they are no longer relevant and don;t have a say in anything.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

It’s also kinda messed up when we’ve been having community wide conversations about people being comfortable in this community, only to have the members of the community come in and attack someone because they basically don’t recognize them?

It just didn't look like it was about not recognizing them and felt a lot more like an attempt to make their opinions irrelevant and invalidate them. But re reg has since said that it wasn't intended as an attack so. "shrug" I guess we're done.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Sandwolf posted:

Notice how many current players are posting? Notice how many veterans are digging in? This was the first proper chance at reacting better as a community and it was totally hosed.

Shellception posted:

I don't think this is reasonable, no, at all. And this is not aimed at you, mind, but I also don't think it's reasonable to tell people who regularly or semi-regularly play right now that they need to have been there for longer to have an opinion. I've been here for a bit and modded for a bit, too, you know it, and I only know like half of the people posting right now, and most of them I know from seeing them around because I do hang out in both Discords. It's not an issue of them vs us, it's a "we are going to play together so let's try to have a community, not two halves of one"

If we absolutely need an IK I agree with whoever said Grandicap would be a great one. Bif too, but I don't think she wants to be?

If we're going to do the list of trusted people, we should start nominating before we run the mods out of there, I think.

yeah okay , as I said re reg clarified what seemed like kind of a crappy thing to say was not intended as an attack. I get it. LET'S MOVE ON

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

this reminds me i have a very dumb idea for a complicated mafia game does anyone want to hear it?

yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Snooze Cruise posted:

OK so its a draft.
You figure out a good number of players for this, I don't know, I am not a math person. But for the example lets just say 10 right now. 10 people sign up for the draft, and you get a list of 30 roles. And then you do the typical draft thing of grabbing your first pick and yadda yadda till everyone gets 3 roles.

There will be 3 games of mafia, so these 30 roles go with those 3 games, but you don't know which roles will go with which game. As these games get played you'll get points for how the roles do, so complete a win condition is like 5 points or whatever and you also get points for living longer. But also certain actions give you points, like if you pick up a seer and the seer gets a evil result that gets a certain amount of points, but you could get funky with it too where like a reverse seer gets the same amount of of points even though they are going to see more people as evil.

Again don't know how to do the number stuff to make all of this work but someone should run this because it would be dumb and fun~

hmmm, I like it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Everyone is allowed an opinion. Everyone should feel comfortable sharing their opinion! Consensus is a good thing!

I agree, I apologize for misreading intent in the initial post.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I think, to just fully and clearly weigh in.

We don't need an IK

But like, maybe 7 or 8 community members with a wide range of styles and community interaction being points of contact, if someone has a problem that can't be handled by the mod of a game, go to whichever one they are personally more comfortable with and voice your concerns. We can work anything out like adults, like we have been.

If forums mod interaction becomes necessary, well, we can go to a forums mod.

We've been a fairly drama free community for a while now.

The RRG stuff, while spawned from this community, is a very different community now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jose Valasquez posted:

This whole new crew vs old crew thing is so dumb, it's not real! We're all just posters!

Sandwolf posted:

We need to try to come together as a community, please. It can be done.

All of this please.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

chaoslord posted:

I think the thing to bring this community together is a rousing game of PopCon Goonfights 3. Ready to defend my tag team crown as one half of DUI Checkpoint

I agree but dang is that a lot of work I can't commit to right now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm Cpig. My first mafia game was "Play and Listen Cyor" in 2013

A favorite mafia memory was when i was a vengeful townie in a game that we were down to the wire with me Kashuno and Samfucious being the only players alive. I was in a masonry with Kashuno and I figured that if I could get kash to vote me i could use the vengeful to win the game.

I asked Kashuno in the masonry to vote me without telling him why and was going to base my judgement on his reaction. He was very hesitant thinking it was trick and acted very townie around it so i was convinced Sam was scum. I eventually convinced kash to vote me and sam quickly followed up with a smug hammer. I used my vengeful ability on sam and he was indeed scum and i won the game for town.

I like to play mafia because this community is full of cool and awesome people and I like all of them and enjoy shitposting with them and hanging out.

Something fun about me is that I enjoy Marmite but am not British.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

saladscooper posted:

Figure it couldn't hurt.

My name is salad scooper, aka codexparasols, aka pooperscooper (thanks hambeet). He/him for me.

My first game was Opop's CYOR from back in August, where I played an adorable baby owl and got mis-executed D4 anyway because SA mafia hates cuteness. A favorite game memory is from Stellaris 2, when MSRR was being cased pretty heavily by a few members of the scumteam and proceeded to make a bunch of effortposts linking them all together, earning town MVP (and my admiration) in the span of about 20 minutes.

Why do I like mafia? I live for wacky surprises and socially acceptable manipulative behavior, and mafia has both of them!

Something fun about me is that I sing opera, hopefully for a career, as some of you may know because it's all I ever talk about :v:

You can't fool me Salads Cooper. I know your real name.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

saladscooper posted:

ok i better clear the record, this bloom county comic is what my name is from:

I know i know , I just think that Salads Cooper is a funny name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I make videogames for a living, you might have played some of them.

:monocle: