Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

harperdc posted:

Yuki isn't a bad driver, but he's been promoted very quickly to F1. I said it last year, if this was the 1990s, Yuki would be the kind of driver made to test cars five days a week around Europe all season, or go to IndyCar for the year to get racing experience. He just needs more experience, and it's difficult to justify that while also taking an F1 seat. But it's more for F1 teams to stop loving promoting 20 year olds into F2 and then F1.
on the other hand there's literally a 20 year old who was the runner-up in british f4 in 2017, won the french eurocup in 2019, won f3 in 2020, won f2 in 2021 and doesn't have a f1 seat in 2022. Meanwhile Kevin Magnussen just signed a multi-year deal. There's a lot of talented 20-year olds, but pay drivers and washed-up champs are hogging a bunch of seats. And also KM for some inexplicable reason. If anything more young talent should be promoted and given a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Mercedes is going to show up with sidepods twice as thicc as Ferrari's and take pole by a second and a half.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Cimber posted:

Semi serious question. Since he is on the shorter and lighter side of things, does that affect the weight and balance of the car and possibly turning ability?

Do they add weight to the car to account for this?

IIRC, there's a minimum weight to the cars and if the car plus driver is under that weight, you have to add ballast to it to make min weight? But I believe there's flexibility around where the ballast is located, so you have some choice in how the car is balanced.

I might be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Cimber posted:

Semi serious question. Since he is on the shorter and lighter side of things, does that affect the weight and balance of the car and possibly turning ability?

Do they add weight to the car to account for this?

it used to be very beneficial to be a smaller driver for weight distribution, because a) your centre of mass is lower and b) you could put more ballast where you needed it to make minimum weight. A few seasons back they changed the rules because it was kinda unfair on taller drivers, so now the car and driver+seat have their own separate minimum weights and the ballast placement is much stricter.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Tsaedje posted:

I can if you provide a link

Sure thing
Will have to go here and enter an invite link
https://fantasy.formula1.com/

Invite code: ee47d5262a

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Oh damnit the first race is this weekend?

I never manage to watch drive to survive before the season starts

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Carlos gets a win this year :toxx:

lfg

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

This seems like a safe toxx

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
hello new thread. can't wait to shitpost with you all this year, pls bring your Mercedes-Style-Sidepod posting game each and every post.

this is all anyone needs to know

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

mods pls add this to my list of toxx's TIA!

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

:lewis:
:lando:

Let's go Papaya Bois & Lewis!

The hype train is preparing to leave the station! Choo Choo!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
There’s a site you can use to compare F1 teammates from 1980ish til now. Just did Carlos and Max in 2015. It’s pretty interesting, they’re super close on speed (Max .06% per lap faster average quali pace, .01% in a race). Max got more points, but Carlos beat Max 6 to 5 in races they both finished. Very cool site, google f1 teammate comparison, forgot if we can post links here.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

GramCracker posted:

mods pls add this to my list of toxx's TIA!

I think that Toxx should go onto the OP for the season. All in favor?

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

I never manage to watch drive to survive
This poster should be a role model to you all.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cimber posted:

I think that Toxx should go onto the OP for the season. All in favor?

hell yeah! also, if you have a Papaya Bois tag, you're automatically in on this as Carlos is a true ex-Papaya Boi

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

They are two types of people that watch DTS; people who are horny for Lando and the Ferrari Boys, and people who are horny for Lando and the Ferrari Boys and kinda enjoy watching car racing.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I'm loco for toto actually, mercedes uber alles

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I'm in there Lewis.

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I joined the fantasy league with my favourite drivers and also Ocon.

I will try to get those post-its scanned in case they are desired for avatars etc. I will try to draw Zhou, K-Mag, Horner, Toto, Steiner, Brown, and maybe Binotto and Papa Stroll this weekend as well.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Yuki is the patron Saint of this thread.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

forgot if we can post links here.

This is baffling

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
We need a vote on who's the best American. Is it Lewis or Otmar or Guenther?

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Sab0921 posted:

Yuki is the patron Saint of this thread.

Our Lewis loves you and forgives you for your sin.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

a real chump posted:

I'm loco for toto actually, mercedes uber alles

Get in there Toto

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ArmZ posted:

mods ban for racism

keep crying wolf, OP, and you may get a surprise

Dante posted:

on the other hand there's literally a 20 year old who was the runner-up in british f4 in 2017, won the french eurocup in 2019, won f3 in 2020, won f2 in 2021 and doesn't have a f1 seat in 2022. Meanwhile Kevin Magnussen just signed a multi-year deal. There's a lot of talented 20-year olds, but pay drivers and washed-up champs are hogging a bunch of seats. And also KM for some inexplicable reason. If anything more young talent should be promoted and given a shot.

ah we have another Australian poster, good to have ya mate.

[edit] this is also a failure of Renault in particular, because they do not have a second team to try and trick into taking a young driver. It's almost like F1 needs more teams on the grid :thunk:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
they didn't show enough of lewis' dog in DTS

"get a look at that dog" i said to no one

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Sucks that they didn't do an episode on Brundell asking people to do raps.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

We need a vote on who's the best American. Is it Lewis or Otmar or Guenther?

It's Dani Ric!

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
FYI depending on where you are F1 TV Pro, which streams all F1-F2-F3 broadcasts, might be having a free 7 day trial, which according to themselves usually is not the case

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/...LhJjwaGwr3.html

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

this page needs more MAX also

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

poty posted:

FYI depending on where you are F1 TV Pro, which streams all F1-F2-F3 broadcasts, might be having a free 7 day trial, which according to themselves usually is not the case

For the purposes of this deal I am now located in Tuvalu

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
RIP Vettel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xAHhfhHR8A

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

F1TV now allows you to either join a live broadcast or star from the beginning even if it’s in progress. I don’t think it did that before.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

harperdc posted:

ah we have another Australian poster, good to have ya mate.

[edit] this is also a failure of Renault in particular, because they do not have a second team to try and trick into taking a young driver. It's almost like F1 needs more teams on the grid :thunk:

I don't see how being Australian is a failure of renault

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Cimber posted:

also, my favorate picture from last year.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

i just hope everyone except max has a good time :)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Spent the last couple of days watching all of the episodes of Jolyon Palmer's Analysis: Classics on F1TV.
9 episodes, each with one of three guests (Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and Pedro de la Rosa) taking an in-depth look at a race that the guest competed in.
Good stuff, lots of anecdotes.

There's one sample clip on the Youtube channel - the full episodes are 30-50 minutes long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ec00evPufMI

also lol'd at the "ACTIVATE WINDOWS" warning that was there for the Damon Hill episodes:

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Mar 18, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

harperdc posted:

keep crying wolf, OP, and you may get a surprise

I only cry wolff

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Lucasar posted:

I joined the fantasy league with my favourite drivers and also Ocon.

I will try to get those post-its scanned in case they are desired for avatars etc. I will try to draw Zhou, K-Mag, Horner, Toto, Steiner, Brown, and maybe Binotto and Papa Stroll this weekend as well.

god bless

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

2 pictures and 2 videos lionizing an attempted murderer and racist.

ban this filth and update with the proper orange (papaya)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Where is the FIA report on Abu Dhabi that finally strips Max’s fraudulent title????