Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Carlos gets a win this year :toxx:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
There’s a site you can use to compare F1 teammates from 1980ish til now. Just did Carlos and Max in 2015. It’s pretty interesting, they’re super close on speed (Max .06% per lap faster average quali pace, .01% in a race). Max got more points, but Carlos beat Max 6 to 5 in races they both finished. Very cool site, google f1 teammate comparison, forgot if we can post links here.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

They were behind the red bull b team

AT WCC

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Cimber posted:

And can i say the left side graphics are absolutely poo poo?

Big and poo poo

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Imagine if Haas had a good driver, they might be able to get on the front row.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

ilmucche posted:

these driver portraits on the side really give me hunger games vibes for some reason. moreso that usual athlete portraits

It does seem like a fake future sport from a movie. It made me think of the football game in Starship Troopers.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
These graphics are rear end. Ugly and inaccurate. Surely they’ll fix it.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

EngineerJoe posted:

Are we still sharing our Fantasy teams? Can anyone beat 82 points?

I have the same team but turboed Sainz. Worried about Bottas and Russell starting next to each other.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Keep it clean boys!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Uppa posted:

First time doing the fantasy league thing. The rules talk about “Dynamic Pricing” and that the value of drivers will change frequently. I haven’t seen anyone’s value change at all which seems… odd. Can anyone tell me what I’m missing?

It hasn’t started happening yet. Maybe it is in the background but it’s not displayed to the users at the moment. Maybe they have the same people making the broken graphics running the game.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Residency Evil posted:

Yeah, it's something I don't quite understand about F1 (versus endurance sports). Moving past the lower ranked teams who have pay drivers/etc, the top teams like Ferrari/Mercedes/RB should pretty much have their pick of the absolute best drivers in the world. The fact that there's so much of a difference between the 1 and 2 drivers is something I don't quite understand. In other elite sports, you can measure differences in fractions of a percent.

Half a second a lap, which is about how much slower Perez was to Max (and is a lot) is 0.5%. Most teammates are closer than that with the exception of pay drivers.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
The Palmer feed is “international” and Brundle/Crofty is “for horse eaters only” which almost makes up for PLC being less good.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I was surprised he didn’t try to slow Chuck down on the exit of turn 1. He used to do that a lot. Go slow through a corner to compromise the exit of the car behind.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Lotta racism against the dutch imo

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Came across this in a FB group:

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
What’s he gonna do with that wand? I’m not catholic to know.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

MustardFacial posted:

The only cool person in the RBR organization is Adrian Newey, but he doesn't come on camera anymore.

This clown didn’t even mention Checo, WDC of our hearts.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Copied from a Reddit post:

quote:

An email from F1 fantasy- “The current position with Nico Hulkenberg driving the first race of the season and Sebastian Vettel due to return shortly has introduced some additional complexity to the dynamic pricing structure, which we have been working on. We expect this to be completed later today or tomorrow, at which point driver and constructor prices will begin updating. We understand and appreciate fans' anticipation for the start of the Formula 1 season, and with it the start of dynamic pricing and sentiment bar changes. We are also very keen to receive feedback about how we can continue to improve the F1 Fantasy experience. In this particular case, we ask that you understand the knock-on impacts that unforeseen events can have.”

I suspect they took a shortcut in simply replacing Vettel's name and image with Hulk's instead of adding a new driver, and now they're reaping the consequences.

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 23, 2022

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

MrMojok posted:

How much of performance do you guys think is the driver, and how much is the car?

I lean towards about 60% car-40% driver but I would like to know what others think.

It might be more worthwhile to assess how much potential a driver is capable of getting out of a car. Your numbers seem kind of arbitrary imo. A car can't go anywhere without a driver and vice versa.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

It might be more worthwhile to assess how much potential a driver is capable of getting out of a car. Your numbers seem kind of arbitrary imo. A car can't go anywhere without a driver and vice versa.

Holy poo poo I finally did it. Quote != edit

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

The Big Jesus posted:

The coolest thing merc came up with is undoubtedly Brake Magic

Do we know exactly what this was yet? It was some method of warming the brakes, right?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Not very blessed

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Oh no this might be real bad

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Cirofren posted:

conscious thank gently caress

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Max is jealous of Mick’s relationship with the wall and half of qualifying remains. Watch this space.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
I’m still mourning the loss of PLC. Who the gently caress thought Buxton should do commentary.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Pulled a latifi

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Charles camera on F1 TV is the in helmet cam it’s great rn

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
In the games you have to drive to a time delta so obviously that’s how it works. Checkmate.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Wouldn’t “endured a life ending injury “ mean he lived?

Edit: words mean 2 things sometimes

PhoenixFlaccus fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 29, 2022

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Lol Latifi is a clown?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Mike Krack sighting!

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
The camera loves Mike Krack.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’m having another beer and I hope to finish half of it and pass out on the couch for five or six hours and wake up hungover with a stiff neck from being on the couch.

Don’t dox me

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
My pot lid has a small (built in) hole in it; is that why my rice is dry when I try making it on the stove or am I doing something else wrong?

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

It's dry because you're overcooking it. Don't cook it until all the liquid is gone, take it off the heat when there's still some liquid at the bottom and let it sit 5 minutes before eating so that can be absorbed.

Seems likely, thanks.

Carteret posted:

Or, buy a $20 rice cooker and be free

I have one but it takes longer than I’d like and have to cook larger amounts than I need most times.

straight up brolic posted:

Are you using induction? If so, it can be very hard. With gas, it’s pretty hard to mess up

Yes, electric (coil) stovetop.

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Lmao if you don’t have an android dishwasher

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
The guy that sprinkles salt on his forearm isn’t a real cook right? Every time I see his he’s just throwing food around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Sounds more like the Flavio of cooking