Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
hello new thread. can't wait to shitpost with you all this year, pls bring your Mercedes-Style-Sidepod posting game each and every post.

this is all anyone needs to know

PhoenixFlaccus posted:

Carlos gets a win this year :toxx:

mods pls add this to my list of toxx's TIA!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cimber posted:

I think that Toxx should go onto the OP for the season. All in favor?

hell yeah! also, if you have a Papaya Bois tag, you're automatically in on this as Carlos is a true ex-Papaya Boi

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Feels Villeneuve posted:

as a paddock insider the whispers i've been hearing are all saying one thing, and one thing only: poois shamilton

When’s the Quantum money coming, Joe? :ohdear:

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 19, 2022

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Can't wait for Max and Chuck to take themselves out at T1 each race and witness Our Chili storm his way to a WDC :swoon:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Alonso will win

:allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Frond posted:

Ricciardo has looked like trash for 3 seasons.

Hi Ricciardo

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Just watched the race and fuckin LOL Max’s temper tantrum is amazing, what a bitch made WDC*

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Pragmatica posted:

hmm…. i’ll think about it. does the thread really want him back? lol

gently caress yeah we do lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Get this: Max sucks!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I'm still on team Mclaren.

I can't quit you.

How did our Cool And Good Papaya Lads seem to have gotten it so wrong? :negative:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MustardFacial posted:

4. McLaren supporters. The most popular team with the best looking car. McLaren supporters are the most level headed and good looking of the bunch. The car has some major technical flaws this year and it's not super quick but we know the lads will figure it out.

*checks notes* Yup, this is accurate. The Papaya Bois are extremely good and popular, just like their supporters

net work error posted:

I'm not quiet at all I'm here and will not be censured or erased! Lots of libel here but like Sir Lewis and Our Toto I will ignore the haters and stay focused on the task at hand. Posting as hard and bad as I can while continuing to #rise

My love for Toto and Lewis cannot, and will not, be silenced. :colbert:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

lmao thats a pro ckick

Skarsnik posted:

I'm not sure you'll find a single Mercedes supporter in this thread tbh

Plenty of lewis fans as he's cool and good but I'm not sure many of us gave a poo poo about the team itself

There might be the odd toto fan though

If you re-check your notes you'll find that all 3 are Cool And Good, OP!

boop the snoot posted:

You’re odd if you’re not a Toto fan, hth

Thanks Ants posted:

Toto is the sexiest man on the pit wall

Of course the good Papaya Bois posters ITT have Correct Opinions on Our Toto. Further cementing the fact that all the people at McLaren are cool and good, as are their fans

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Something very sensible in these times of absurd fuel costs, because why would I stop being a moron now.

I'm disappointed you swapped the RS6 for this.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

net work error posted:

Those are clips of old Best Motoring videos OP, the best car videos around.

They still make videos but it's Hot Version now since it's mostly tuner cars from different Japanese tuning shops.

Best Motoring and Hot Version are the poo poo. I love watching episodes from years ago, even if I've seen them numerous times, and they are still just as good as something put out recently. Phwoar Our Keiichi :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I turn like Batman does, I shoot a grappling hook at the lamp post on the corner for max* G's

ftfy

italian quid posted:

just lmao if you complain about heavy steering but don't actually drive a car without power steering.

Cars without power steering loving suck to drive at low speeds. Things that suck worse than cars without power steering: cars without a synchronized transmission

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 24, 2022

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I'm sure Max Verstappen will show up wearing a sponsor branded polo shirt or something

Like the good little sheeple he is

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

yeah but come the gently caress on lol, an alfa romeo doing 250k miles without issues??

I find it hilarious that modern Alfa is still stuck with the lovely reliability stigma from their earlier years (not that the 90's were good either). Like, yeah the new ones are supposedly not great compared to other marques of similar caliber, but they aren't total heaps of poo poo like most previous gen Alfa's were.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
100% agree with you, over the course of 250k miles almost any marque would likely throw an expensive poo poo fit. I'd be horrified to own something like a 2015-ish Audi S6 or something equal out of warranty.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Dumbest loving thing I ever did car wise was take out the BMW insured warranty on my old 6 series because I knew the valve stem seals were blown and I didn't want to eat the 4-8k bill for the engine rebuild. The reason it was incredibly dumb was not because the work wouldn't have been covered (it explicitly was) but because my dumb rear end didn't read the fine print that said any claims raised in the first 90 days would not be covered for the lifetime of the car. I paid £800 to blackball my own car from the entire BMW network lmao.

lmfao that's amazing, gg Theo you win "Stupid poo poo With Cars" for the day. thanks for the laugh

On another note...imagine being the track side engineer who gets the green light from HQ to take a dremel to the rear wing :getin:

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status/1506985988953939970

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

exactly

*takes a drag of a cigarette and flicks ash on the nerds* :cool:

How's your totally-not-BAR A Better Tomorrow cig hitting, op?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Our Dan good when? :ohdear:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

marshalljim posted:

Bring back Bernie:

Ecclestone greenlights 2017 F1 race at Lime Rock

BY AUTOWEEK STAFF
MAR 31, 2013

this would own, it's an hour from me. then again, this track/location is insanely poorly suited for a forumla 1 race

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

boop the snoot posted:

The Papayas are dead to me.

We made it through the dark Honda period, we can make it through this OP!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

ethanol posted:

I believe in Lewis

MustardFacial posted:

I believe in McLaren

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Anime Store Adventure posted:

I’m glad that we were told the race director warned drivers about queuing up to make a gap before a qualifying lap. I’m sure this will be strictly enforced and we won’t see a huge parking lot with literally no consequence whatsoever.

wanna bet on that? it's eduardo frietas as race director this weekend :getin:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Toto's strong leadership will fix the team and Lewis will be fighting for WDC #8 by the summer. McLaren will also be inspired by the pure energy of Zak Brown and the car will become good. Red Bull will keep having engine failures.

Sounds like we have a glorious season ahead of us! :allears:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DrunkPanda posted:

I like Lewis. I just didn't like how much this thread didn't realize he was a fraud behind a great car, last year. Infinitely more likable than George Russell, who I cheer to finish behind Bottas every time

Lol what? He drove the loving wheels off that thing the second half of the year to keep with Max* in the WDC standings. His tear on the last 5 races was absolutely bonkers. He was just completely lights out each race weekend.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
man, these RBPT engines are quite good!!!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

Is buxton always like this or is saudi coke just excellent

Lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Lolcon

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
If (read: when) the Alpeeeens crash, it will be Ocons fault

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Get In There Big Valtt!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Get hosed Max* with this stupid bullshit of pulling in front of the lead driver on the restart

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Suck poo poo Frog Boi. Ribbit, bitch.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Khablam your boi suxxx rear end

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Hahahahha stroll

Omg F1 is so good this year

Thanks, Our Ross :unsmith:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Kirios posted:

I get what you're saying but it's hard to have that opinion when we're on the doorstep of WW3.

No War
We Race As One

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Good to see worthy WDC Max Verstappen showing FerFraudi how it is done.

what race did you watch today?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Jobbo_Fett posted:

He says, well aware that such an event cost the GOAT his 8th WDC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Quizzlefish posted:

Am I the only one who thinks mercedes will pull it out of the bag in a few weeks?

I'm there with you OP. The Brackley Boys will pull through