Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I am excited to watch another season of fast car races very early in the morning and root for the honest and good mclaren lads. I hope you will all understand that I enjoy watching fast car races and am not bitter and jaded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Cimber posted:

Semi serious question. Since he is on the shorter and lighter side of things, does that affect the weight and balance of the car and possibly turning ability?

Do they add weight to the car to account for this?

IIRC, there's a minimum weight to the cars and if the car plus driver is under that weight, you have to add ballast to it to make min weight? But I believe there's flexibility around where the ballast is located, so you have some choice in how the car is balanced.

I might be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
lmao is hamilton going to fail to make it out of q1

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
LMAO HOLY gently caress

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
This feels like a long time with no news about the driver there

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Jesus, the car is in pieces.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
"The good news is that we hope mick will be alright"

my dude let's talk about what good news is.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

nerox posted:

New to F1 question: why do the drivers sit in the car while their teams push the car out into the grid, just to get out and walk back to the paddock?

Off the top of my head, is it because that way you can have somebody steering the car while you push it and the weight of the driver doesn't make a huge difference when you're pushing it?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do the Ferrari drivers get a free Ferrari?

The absolute best scene, bar none, from any Drive To Survive season, is the one where Carlos Sainz and his professional friend went to a Tesco to get ingredients for tacos or whatever, the tesco staff has absolutely no idea what the gently caress they're talking about, and then they walk out with a bag of groceries only to realize that the mclaren they drove to the store doesn't have a trunk and so the friend has to hold the groceries in his lap as they go home.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
"Explain what's going on here, it's turn one, what are you going into next?"

"...it's turn 2, pretty much the same as turn one."

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
that first crash wasn't enough, gotta go in for a second try

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Flat spotted all four tires and hit the wall, car's in perfect condition now. Time to push.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I think the decision to pit was whatever, it could have gone either way, but Ferrari calling Sainz on the radio while Sainz is in the middle of trying to pass Checo makes the whole thing pretty farcical.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Golf is a very problematic sport but also an extremely relaxing way to spend a morning walking around with a buddy, so maybe golf is a land of contrasts

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
It's only game, why you heff to be mad

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

slave to my cravings posted:

All the f1 tracks should be turned into public parks

Turn golf courses into public parks, then turn all the f1 tracks into golf courses.

Miami has a water trap but actually it’s just a sheet of plywood and your ball bounces right off.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Pls stop bullying my best friend Danny ricciardo who is good and honest and a kind person

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Heck, why wait for Lewis to retire? I think Mercedes should have George Russell take a break for a year and have one season where Alonso and Lewis are driving on the same team - can you imagine the sheer power of two world champions in such an incredible car, driving and working together?

Mercedes would be unstoppable!

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Quincy Smallvoice posted:

oh my god are dan lmao

I guess he got a time deleted or something? What was the reason?

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
"oh sorry we put the wrong tires on your car, whoopsie"

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Kirios posted:

It's a crying shame this can't fit into a thread title.

Formula 1 2022: Sorry, it was a mistake

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
I desperately need to know which drinking glass Leclerc broke as a child, causing a witch to curse him so that he will achieve his greatest dream and it will destroy him, piece by piece, bit by bit, until he is nothing but a hollow shell of despair and disappointment.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
It can be hard! You might think, for example, that Daniel Ricciardo is a bad driver but actually he is a good driver, and real, and strong, and my friend, and his car sucks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
God I want to hear Alonso’s radio during that pit