Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
so i was bored and browsing wikipedia at work (you know, as you do) and randomly stumbled across what i'm pretty sure is the best picture on wikipedia

first up, this is the page it's on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burping . there's some mildly worrisome stuff like the bit on the sexual fetish for burping but that's not what i want to draw your attention to.

no, what i want you to look at is this:

What the gently caress is this picture. Who made this? Is that supposed to be a human? This says it was made in June of 2017, but I'm pretty sure I saw this in like.... 1999 on a geocities website. The clothing looks like it's made out of a gradient on some shrinkwrap.

This face. This loving face. I think this is a neanderthal or maybe an AI-upscaled version of one of those lovely meme faces libertarian redditors use to post about how stupid they think liberals are. This face is not human. I think this thing is the equivalent of that lovely taxidermy lion some european dude made after the king's valuable pet lion died and it was stuffed by a dude who'd never seen it after it had decomposed for a year. That's what this is, except it was made by an alien and sent back in time. In five hundred years this will be the best image there is of a human being.

That's not the best part though, oh no. I could go on about the coloring or the diseased, jaundice skin texture or the armpit pussy ("armpussy"), but no, what I want to draw your attention to is the caption. That's part of the image. That's pretty weird, since Wikipedia has a captioning system and you don't need to put text in the image, but the cherry on top of this image and the reason why it's the best image on wikipedia is this:

They loving spelled "shoulder" wrong. This image has been on wikipedia for five years..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
don't you go hollow

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
If anyone's bored, Wikimedia has a random picture button you can mash through. Kinda annoying on mobile though since you have to open the menu :manning:

https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Random

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy
please dont doxx me :(

President Ark
May 16, 2010

AARD VARKMAN posted:

If anyone's bored, Wikimedia has a random picture button you can mash through. Kinda annoying on mobile though since you have to open the menu :manning:

no point, none of them can top

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The Stonks guy had to pay the bills somehow before hitting it big.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mother Sea Patrol tenderly squeezing the life from this no goodnick mini-scooby doo unlicenced diver

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
That is a picture made by someone who didn't know WTF they were supposed to do.

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I keep reading it as "over the sholder borp" because of the typo and can see/hear that weird mouth saying it and now I have the loving giggles

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

President Ark posted:

no point, none of them can top

This is called the archaic smile and I learned about it in humanities class in 8th grade

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.

Spinz posted:

This is called the archaic smile and I learned about it in humanities class in 8th grade

idk why, but it looks funnier in this medium than in classic art

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

President Ark posted:

They loving spelled "shoulder" wrong. This image has been on wikipedia for five years..

I had to check just in case this is one of those things like how a medicinal manikin is spelled differently from a store mannequin

it is not, it’s a typo

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

beer gas canister posted:

don't you go hollow

Heh heh heh heh…

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Yaldabaoth posted:

That is a picture made by someone who didn't know WTF they were supposed to do.

:thejoke:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Your jimmies seem a bit rustled, op

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Skeleton Ape posted:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Skeleton Ape posted:

Op needs a good over the sholder barp sesh

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
This is my favorite image from wikihow

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:eyepop:

TheSpamalope
Dec 30, 2008

by sebmojo
Lipstick Apathy

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I like the one of the rimjob.

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Back in the day, there was this Wikipedia user called "Psychonaught" who uploaded massive amounts of pictures of hard drugs/hard drug use and tarantulas/scorpions/poisonous snakes. I thought about that guy's life a lot, I think he may have been a goon or maybe had a "blog." He still has a bunch of pictures up, but it seems like a lot of the roughest ones have been deleted: https://www.google.com/search?q=%22...0&bih=756&dpr=1

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
There used to be a gif on the article about masturbation in which a man demonstrated the technique of rubbing your penis with both palms like you were trying to start a fire the pre-historic way.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
this is my current favorite

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Is the burp pic by the same guy who uploaded a lot of pictures showing different sexual acts? Looks like about the same style.

It's no longer on the tomato page, but I'm rather fond of this one, formerly captioned "Research being done on tomatoes":

And this one entitled "Birdsniper":

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xALZs5mxPdU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

AARD VARKMAN posted:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

okay this one's pretty good

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Oh poo poo...

Warwick Davis is a vampire!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Given the spelling I'm going to guess someone was trolling and uploaded it to see how long it would stay up. Impressive as poo poo so far don't tell the editors.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I just assume sholder is how Germans spell shoulder and this was copied from the German wikipedia. Isn’t that like one of the biggest non-English wikipedias in the world. I may be thinking of some other language.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Did you know that Wikipedia had a serious problem with the Penis article, because literally hundreds of men kept uploading pictures of their dicks and tried to get them featured.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Reminds me of SEA PATROL, op

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

ScienceSeagull posted:

Is the burp pic by the same guy who uploaded a lot of pictures showing different sexual acts? Looks like about the same style.

It's no longer on the tomato page, but I'm rather fond of this one, formerly captioned "Research being done on tomatoes":

And this one entitled "Birdsniper":

Nah that was Seedfeeder, his style isn’t as visually horrifying as this

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
when you're fighting a boss always aim for the weak spots

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

Favourite image from Wiki

Favourite contents list from a Wiki page

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Doll House Ghost posted:

Favourite contents list from a Wiki page

That one is about the penguin in the Japanese zoo, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Definitly.
What a sad tale.