Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Just got the good ending. I absolutely loved this game.

I'm not sure why people complain so much about the combat. I didn't find it too floaty or anything, but maybe if I had come to this straight off playing Hades I would've felt different.

I died a lot on some of the bosses, but it overall felt fair. While 'get gud' was an option, there was usually some kind of trick to each fight that could help a lot. On a lot of the big bosses it was more beneficial to keep running and waiting for the right moment rather than dodging too much and running out of stamina.

The people complaining about backtracking after you become a ghost is similarly bizarre to me. In a game like this, I'm spending half my time rubbing up on insurmountable obstacles, I was more than happy to give everything a last pass after I got the garland looking for those final chests.

ymgve posted:

an addition to the last point: It ALSO watches for keyboard arrows input, even if you're using a controller, and thank the gods for that, because the 360 dpad sucks assssss
I wish I would have thought of that sooner because lengthy sequences on my Wired 360 controller were giving me RSI near the end. input the Golden Path right more or less the first time, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I don't have any answers to your questions but as long as someone is bumping the thread I will add that you can now buy this plushy of the little fox https://www.fangamer.com/products/tunic-fox-plush