Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
It’s easy enough to see how Mariko’s situation would spiral after taking the first dose, and I can see how the first dose might be tempting in a vacuum (as it were) but I admit that I’m having a *little* trouble picturing Mariko taking that first dose surrounded by bloody graffiti and corpses.

(Admittedly there’s always going to be some of these issues since it’s hard to foreshadow random events, but, uh, maybe this particular event should have been linked to a more restrictive list of traits or something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

AtomikKrab posted:

So there was a thing there saying "once a month", she probably did one thinking "I can stick to that." and uh... you likely CAN'T given how she had an arm like a junkie.

Yes, that’s the “spiral” I was referring to, but that first dose still baffles me.

I feel like most people wouldn’t see a needle of unknown age/provenance/preservation surrounded by bloody corpses and think “ooh, it says ‘awesome’ on the label, I should stick it in my arm!”

Dav
Nov 6, 2009

nweismuller posted:

One does wonder about the train of thought which led to thinking that was a good idea, yes.

Sadly, limiting it to when you have a Stupid character in your House would make it quite rare.

I don’t know exactly what traits are available but maybe if risky/ambitious/aggressive type traits were also eligible?
(Or at least tone down the bloody graffiti and leave a little room for some initial confusion or self-delusion on what happened to everybody…)