Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Besides the obvious benefit of the final perk, Blood and Gold lets us pay others to do the dying in place of our own people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

inflatablefish posted:

Now I'm wondering what archaic turns of phrase have survived the collapse. eg "We're not out of the woods yet"

"We don't have fresh atmo yet"?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

nweismuller posted:

Just remember, Paul was a Harkonnen on his mother's side... I'm also not sure how closely House Weiss fits the model of House Atreides, all things considered. House Atreides was noted for the excellence of its military forces as well as its trustworthiness. I'm not sure 'military excellence' is really the defining trait of House Weiss.

Having lots of money and men is perhaps the best kind of martial excellence.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Something I'm not really clear on: how much of humanity is in orbital habitats, and how much is in planet-side habitats? There's clearly no earthlike world available for use, but the two contexts present different challenges and requirements.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Humanity is dying, they're just doing it slowly enough for people to fool themselves.