Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

This sounds really interesting and now I want it so bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nweismuller posted:

As of game start, you absolutely do not know the whole map, but I can tell you the total number of inhabited colonies as of right now, because it tells you on the victory tracker. Checking quickly, there are currently... 115 inhabited colonies. This number can fluctuate a bit, because although it is impossible to build entirely new colonies, old colonies can occasionally have to be abandoned due to damage, and abandoned colonies can have the main settlement fixed up and resettled with new colonists.

Children gain traits slowly throughout childhood, particularly after they hit age 6 and their education begins. It's a little hard to tell how Malachi and Alice will turn out at such an early age, but they're likely to share some traits of their parents.

As for children, it's not actually 'the first two'. Each couple automatically gets permission to have their first child, but each further child requires requesting permission from the House head or having the House head grant this permission, or, like Thomas, having an unpermitted child which is considered a crime against their House head. On Romeo's, Thomas', Oriole's, and Prudence's character screens, you can a white 'woman' silhouette icon with a question mark in its belly- this indicates that they have been granted permission and are trying for a child. It slipped my mind to grant childbirth permissions earlier, and Thomas didn't proactively ask me in-game (which is a thing couples can do). But, following that unpermitted birth, I actually went to the trouble of granting permission for a new child to both those couples... and Romeo and Oriole proactively asked for permission after Alice's birth, which I granted.

E: There's some considerations about not 'showing favoritism' in childbirth permissions which can be a little opaque to me when it kicks in as something that's a (minor) honor consideration for the ruler granting permissions, but that's not been an issue yet. I'll see if I can't figure out the logic about what's favoritism and what isn't.

The favoritism really applies when you have house members who are not dynastic members, basically you should not be favoriting someone not related to you to have a third child when another unrelated couple only has one.

Your heir can have as many as they want because "OBVIOUSLY" they should get favoritism, other members of the dynasty get better preference as well.

I am not 100% sure this is correct but default

1st is automatic
2nd you need to grant but is never favortism
3rd+ is where it matters, but it doesn't matter if you are granting EVERYONE permission as long as you remember to grant permission to the couples who have less children first or do it with immediate family.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Nothng to see here

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 31, 2022

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

nweismuller posted:

AtomikKrab, could we avoid spoilers for events we haven't seen yet? Please redact.

Done, sorry about that

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will continue to lurk in the background.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

The pirates one where you mess up a colony can be especially useful if you get a or can arrange for a colony next to your borders to be on the verge of collapse, a reclaimed colony is if I remember correctly considered RIGHTFULLY yours right away because you were the one to reclaim it, I used it as a sneaky way to build my territory whilst rival houses turmoiled themselves to a constant state of near collapse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Dav posted:

It’s easy enough to see how Mariko’s situation would spiral after taking the first dose, and I can see how the first dose might be tempting in a vacuum (as it were) but I admit that I’m having a *little* trouble picturing Mariko taking that first dose surrounded by bloody graffiti and corpses.

(Admittedly there’s always going to be some of these issues since it’s hard to foreshadow random events, but, uh, maybe this particular event should have been linked to a more restrictive list of traits or something.)

So there was a thing there saying "once a month", she probably did one thinking "I can stick to that." and uh... you likely CAN'T given how she had an arm like a junkie.