Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I can't remember if you've mentioned this already, but the Eden ship made me wonder - given that a version of Christianity seems to be the dominant religion of the colonies, do they associate the loss of Earth with the exile of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden in Genesis?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

nweismuller posted:

Hansel and Gretel has survived mostly unchanged. Although most inhabitants of the colonies have, shall we say, a hilariously inadequate view of what a 'forest' is.

Now I'm wondering what archaic turns of phrase have survived the collapse. eg "We're not out of the woods yet"

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

nweismuller posted:

A persistent story amongst the officers of House Weiss holds that the unquiet spirit of King Emmanuel Goodman haunts the old House Goodman command center, now a secondary command hub for the House Weiss fleet. Tales of unexplained bloodstains remain unverified by House Weiss itself.

Look, I'm not saying I believe in Goodman's ghost and I'm not saying that I don't, but if we play The Birth every week in the mess cinema then he might be placated by the homage to his, uh, grandiose bombast and air of natural majesty. We'll just say it's important historical viewing for the new cadets.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

nweismuller posted:

It's not planned to. Unlike us humans, she's not going to die of age, and she remains forever young at heart.

Does she have any pathway to become heir and eventual forever ruler of the guild?

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
Ah, that makes sense. I was wondering if it was like the Crusader Kings horse people thing.