Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

[quote]Jane's Weiss, Mariko, is the young sister of Lady Belicia Fardell, h[/b] 99% sure that's meant to be Jane's wife. Will read the other half of the update when I finish work.

So this is like Crusader Kings in space?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

nweismuller posted:

Well, we'll have our issues, but I think once we resolve the Lamb Clan and one other issue that we'll see as of the update, we'll have made enough expansion for me to say I'm happy with what Jane has accomplished and could cheerfully spend the rest of her life in consolidation and development. Star Dynasties can be a game of patience, where you wait for the right opportunities to present themselves, and other times work to resolve the issues you've bought for yourself.

And all this major expansion you'll see we've done happened through one brief war where we cracked a border, and then had a diplomatic opportunity present itself as a neighbor was ready to disintegrate. Honestly, the fact that 'realms disintegrating from their own problems' is a thing in Star Dynasties is something I absolutely love about this game.

Something that happens too infrequently in Crusader Kings

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

OneWingedDevil posted:

This thread caused me to purchase the game. I can attest to the power of money and infinite mercenaries! Also, it's much easier to flip barons and dukes than CK2 trained me to believe, and I greatly appreciate that.

Are Dukes as likely to betray you as in CK2 though?