Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Following with interest as with all nweis things!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
How are folks thinking they want to expand here? Go for military options as they're available or for more economic ones? Just trying to get a feel for how folks are thinking of long term plans.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Going for Dilligent Serfs. Marks can resolve most issues, and upping our income allows for a lot more flexibility in general.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Convinced to join the Justified Taxation Thresshold.

And if I only had the time and creativity to take on a character I would... If only inspiration gave enough, alas.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I rather like! I'd be interested in seeing how religion has developed as well if that's something that might be interesting to explore.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Mrshanns shall not be denied the shiny red dots of the Orion Cluster!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
My understanding now (as non participant) is that all of the colonies under our control/influence have reasonably stable infrastrucutre and the worst of discontent has been cut down to managable levels and also our relations with our vassals are (for the most part) reasonable to the point they're not launching invasions of one another? Of the general (without knowing game mechanics) that 'get your own house fully in order' is an important before aggressively expanding. And also that we have suffiicent justification established, etc.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Awesome! Thanks for elaborating on how things work a bit behind the 'screens'!

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Are emergency repairs to the colony that had a catastrophe possible or not? Or not remotely viable due to the game/vassals/war? Speaking as observer of thread here.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Got it, thanks for elaborating and explaining! So as horrible and terrifying as it is, at least it's not in our space.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
We're already extremely popular in Vega, so no real need (to me) to increase it.

We seem to have fairly stable relations with most of our minor nobles (loss of colony not included)...

We don't use mercenaries that much so not sure there's a ton of extra currency to be gained from that

So that leaves Technologist

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Have been convinced, switching vote to Blood and Gold

So please note me as changed vote

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Lovely fluff! Good to see you still writing

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Glad feeling better! RL always comes first nweis.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

nweismuller posted:

Which is why the fact that the support logistics for long-range deployments have fallen apart since the Collapse has rendered modern military forces so much less formidable. Without the ability to support the long-range heavy vessels that were the backbone of the League of Starfaring Nations' military might, modern fleets are short-ranged collections of local patrol and defense forces.

So basically whenever someone figures out how to do industrial scale production of lasers/missiles and the supply infrastructure to get them to the front lines in large quantities, they'll totally dominate the sector.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ooh, good to see this going on! Is there anything you can do to help with the planet that's undergoing famine? Well, within game mechanics.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Guh! Sorry. Gotta say I loved this and all your 4x ones and worldbuilding

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Ooh, this can go on! HOpe you didn't lose too much

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Really enjoyed this, looking forwards to you continuing it if things permit! If not, thanks for running a great LP (as all of them are) with amazing worldbuilding

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Go you nweis! Take your time.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Great to see this going again! Is internal stability reasonable within the Guild and in good economic shape? And what/if any repairs/upgrades are going on if any beyond the terraforming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Broadly speaking as a thread watcher, what is the overall strategic state/general focus? Stabilizing things internally thanks to some of the discontent from the terraforming project? Expanding or targeting specific regions as opportunity presents? Building up infrastructure? Etc