Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Haggle
Defray

I would sign up as the estranged sibling but I have no PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
That was risky, but it worked. Jessica Roach, reporting in.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Updated. I have an idea of what sort of posts to make with this new role. Perfect information on current events will be handy, but not necessary.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Jessica Roach, "One Eyed Lady" posted:

Dearest Sister,
Have you ever met anyone you despise, but have to admit is a decent human being? I continue to suffer from having both a mother in law and sister in law that fit perfectly into that niche. It wouldn't be so bad if I had some real responsibilities around here. But as it is I keep getting invitation after invitation from these two busybodies. I can admit Dorsey can eventually arrive at some interesting insights into some of the subjects we discussed in our younger years. But Delores might as well be an art exhibition on stained glass. Eyecatching, but you can see right through her. I know you will include a lecture on what to include and what to leave out of correspondence in your next message. But if you could see your way to fixing that old Drone Hanger we used to hide out in you wouldn't have to needlessly worry about that.
Love,
your ex co-hangar Queen.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Who keeps track of and disseminates "honorable" and "dishonorable" actions? I am going to broadly attribute that to religious institutions in historical feudalism.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

Jessica Roach, Wellwisher posted:

Dearest Sister,

I've just heard about the disaster and your injury. I've already missed the first message drone back trying to think of something to lift your spirits. So I'll just wish you luck in getting back on your feet soon. Can't think of anything funnier than that jerk in Ross 128 thinking you would help her out anyway.

Get well soon,
someone too far away to send soup.

Jessica Roach, BULLSHIT! posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Yes.

Explaining the joke is in the spoilers:

The idea is that the second message was sent out on the same drone that delivered the news about the medic Goodman. The immediate emotional response that could fit into an address label alone was included, cutting out a lot of excited noises. The mention of missing the first drone back is meant to prime the reader into remembering that there isn't a ton of traffic between these two.