Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm psyched for this Let's Play! I already loved your other Conquest videos, and it'll be interesting to see your take on the game (and this mod) in full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Just want to pop in and say that I'm loving this LP to death, thanks for posting it! I have friends who are relatively new to the Fire Emblem series but like crunchy game poo poo, and they've become fans of this too. Your detailed-but-comprehensible explanation of your plans and gameplay analyses go a long way in making your videos approachable, and I find it impressive that you're threading that needle.

Also, thanks for posting your HD Texture pack in your video descriptions. I was flailing around in Paragon trying to combine a ton of individual mods and texture stuff, and that file saved me a ton of trouble.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I only learned how you can cheese that map with Wyvern Xander relatively recently, so I'm excited to see how you're actually supposed to handle the Kitsune chapter. Outside of juggernauting, I've only ever bumblefucked my way through that map on my Lunatic playthroughs.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

One of the coolest things this LP is showing me is not only how inefficient I've been at spreading support points, but also how useful and fun Friendship Seals can be. Usually, whenever I've played CQ, I've just let the Friendship Seals pile up while I focus on marrying units off and making kids, but I've recently done stuff like Wyvern!Seline in my most recent run, and it's tons of fun.

I think it's definitely a waste of resources, but I went Outlaw!Nyx into friendshipping her with Mozu for the Archer route, and using Nyx as a Shining Bow Kinshi Knight with Movement+1 is one of the most fun units I've had in this game. I never would've tried that out before this LP.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm gonna paste a youtube comment from this update really quick:

quote:

I love that the little Reina “puzzle” rewards you for doing math and making seemingly counter-intuitive strategies. I would have never once thought to put my best flier and effective Jagen in her range until the math was done

because yeah that was crazy to me. It goes every instinct in my FE brain to plan around my flier facetanking a pre-promote archer, but seeing it makes a lot of sense.

I'm excited to see where this goes from here. The level 2 stores start my favorite part of the game, because you can start going hog wild with reclassing and intricate builds, and it's super rewarding.

Especially with some of these A+ ranks I never explore. Peri/Felicia? That seems terrible for both parties but hey, maybe Great Knight Felicia gives an S-rank partner some perfect bonuses or something.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Excited to watch this, this map consistently destroys me; flight and lunge chains are too much for my pea brain.

ungulateman posted:

percy is kind of insane relative to the rest of the child characters. he just gets handed wyvern rider on top of his father's fighter and his mother's class, his father joins as early as possible (outside of jakob for female corrin), and his paralogue is worth doing in its own right, three huge advantages over a bunch of the other children. he probably isn't the best kid in the game, since he's almost always 'just' a really good unit that can go do really good unit things, but he's absolutely up there.

Hey, don't forget he also can be an amazing Rally bot with Azura or Beruka marriage! The kid can work with almost any team, it's nuts.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm happy with myself if I get 5 or 6k on this map. Seeing a five-digit number is actually filthy.

I think one thing this relatively recent rash of Fates LPs has taught me is just how darn effective Friendship Sealing is. Not only for how nice it is on Corrin's side, but like you state in the video, how fluid it makes skill inheritance for children. I've gotten Move+1 on Percy through Nyx parentage before, but doing so through Arthur's side is way more efficient, and the same goes for Mozu being a vehicle for Quick Draw across the entire army.

Good stuff all around!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Everything about Kotaro is hosed up haha. The Fe6 Throne, the combo of Silver and Flame Shurikens, the Lunge Samurai next to him... this was a cathartic video.

It also made me realize how much an early use of a Shelter/Sing chain can totally change a map. I pretty just accept that Saizo's gonna outpace me and die at some point when I play this map, but doubling up with Azura on that first turn gave your team so much early momentum to ride on. That's impressive!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Some of those paralogues get super nasty once enemies start promoting, Soleil's being one of them (imo). I'm super interested to see where you space them out.

Also, Laslow's joke at the end of his S support is a total dick move, but I respect that he saw a chance for a gag and took it.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Oh, I remembered something I wanted to ask. You've mentioned having to reset for unfortunate crits and misses, but do you also reset if you get some kind of fortunate dodge you weren't planning on? Like, if an enemy ninja misses an 87% or something like that, do you reset for the sake of demonstrating your strats with the debuffs/HP hits in mind?

I'm curious because your recording sessions seem rigorous already, and I want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Zoran posted:

I had to do that in my first attempt recording chapter 17 so that Selena would get attacked by that one automaton (she dodged like 3 defense debuffs in a row), but otherwise no, it’s usually not a problem.

In my test file I play with a patch that prevents dodging except when I’m specifically attempting dodge-tanking tactics like with Jakob here, so I usually have all those survival thresholds accounted for whether or not they actually come up.

Fates really likes to let players suffer from success huh?

Thanks for replying, that's interesting! That patch sounds super helpful for planning purposes, I didn't realize Fates hacking was at a point where minute mechanical changes could be done like that, that's awesome!

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Awesome entry! Soleil is one of my favorite child units because she's such a good canned unit. Even with scuffed parentage, she probably has at least one solid build to go with.

I'm excited to see how you pull off the child paralogues, because once the enemies get promoted, they tend to really stump me. Like in this map, the extra move the Dark Knights and Sorceros gets really makes you have to hustle to recruit Soleil and defend the green units. Still love the gimmick though.

The Master Ninjas near the village in Ignatius' paralogue are some of the worst examples of this though, imo. That map scales like mad, and I have no idea how to legitimately do it lategame lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

This chapter is so hard for me, so I'm going to pick this video apart for help. Nice installment!

One thing I really liked about this clear was how often the wind was used to position Heartseeker. Using Ophelia on the Dragon Vein to summon an enemy at her, or sliding her right next to Hayato at the start of a turn were super clean, love to see it!