Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Well this ought to be interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

So the early justification is "all these tribes are backwards savages without Garon's enlightened conquest and rule"? :yikes: The infamous "technically an adult" line was better, at least.

Color me unconvinced by this mod, but we'll see. I'll try not to harp on it, and in any case I'm mostly here for the challenge. The early stages don't really give much room for finesse in this challenge, except trying to maximize exp on Jakob in the next couple chapters, I'm guessing.

theshim
May 1, 2012

The end of this segment is unintentionally one of the funniest moments in the game.

"There might be soldiers lying in wait."

"I'll be ready for them!"

*is absolutely not ready for them*

theshim
May 1, 2012

Man, this LP is so...calculated. I suppose it has to be if you're attempting the mammoth task of training everyone, but...every move, every level, accounted for.

I love it. :getin:

I wonder if this would be doable on Birthright without using any optional maps? You get less of the gently caress-you enemy skillsets that lategame Lunatic Conquest throws at you, but after my last playthrough and midnight lasagna's excellent Royalty-Free Birthright Lunatic LP, it really does seem that the base route just has less experience available overall. Maybe my impression is off, I dunno - I've never even thought of attempting this kind of challenge.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Ordinarily I'd be baffled on how you plan to train Nyx up in this run, but you've clearly got everything planned out to a frankly terrifying level so I'm sure you'll make it work with ease.

theshim
May 1, 2012

As ever, the level of detail and planning that went into this is astounding (and really cool).

Cythereal posted:

In my Conquest game, I let Mozu become Queen of Nohr by way of apology. :v:

Zoran, you are a brilliant man. Insane, but brilliant.
I made Mozu Queen on both routes. She deserves it :colbert:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I had no idea at all that losing buildings reduced the DVP reward from the invasions. What a weird system. This game has so many of these intricate rulesets for how things work that are utterly unnoticeable to casual players.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Good lord, an honest-to-God Big Rock Candy Mountain reference. I love it.

Also fun fact: not to detract from the extreme amounts of care and planning that went into this map, but did you notice that you did not miss a single time all map long? Despite facing a fair amount of hitrates in the 80s and even 70s.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Another great episode. Really enjoyed hearing your thoughts on how heart seal allocation is decided.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I consider myself to have done well if I get out of Percy's map with 5k gold, so watching you methodically squeeze every drop of exp and gold from that map was incredible.

Also a quick shoutout to the relay run, especially now that it's gotten back around to your second turn. It's pretty great, y'all should check it out!

theshim
May 1, 2012

early promoting mozu should be illegal :argh:

theshim
May 1, 2012

I know I've said this a bunch of times at this point, but great googly moogly is the thought and care going into this series freakin' impressive. That ersatz fort in the center systematically dismantling those brutal merchants was absolutely :discourse:

theshim
May 1, 2012

Our first retirement! Selena did a hell of a lot for this run, she'll be missed.

Curious to see how you're going to weave in the paralogues now that you're starting to unlock a bunch of them. Are we gonna do all of them as soon as possible, or hold off some for extra exp later?

I want to reiterate one more time how great this series has been, Zoran. You're doing amazing work.

theshim
May 1, 2012

Zoran posted:

One important consideration is that I can’t save paralogues for too long because the last kid will need at least 6 battles after their own recruitment map to get an S support.
Ooh, yeah, that actually puts you on quite the clock, doesn't it? I forgot that everyone also has to get married :v:

theshim
May 1, 2012

that title is horrible and I hate you

theshim
May 1, 2012

So how's your level requirement rule going to work for the child units? Are you just going to aim for level 15 promoted?

theshim
May 1, 2012

I do not like Kitsune Hell, but I dislike it less than certain other maps because it can be pretty simply solved in a way that makes its gimmick mostly ignorable. Optimizing it like you did is another story entirely, but my brain is too small and smooth for that anyway :v: (The map I absolutely hate the most is coming up next, but I'm sure you'll make it look easy.)

Those turn 1 hit rates for Corrin dual strikes were pretty rough, but I guess it's not so bad to have some unreliability on turn 1, pretty quick to redo it.

The Gunter shuffle to one round the northern group was absurd.

theshim
May 1, 2012

I hate this map so much, but I will freely admit I'm extremely impressed (yet again) at how well you made use of every wind current to position everyone exactly where you wanted them. And so many of your fliers spent the entire mission with almost no hp, which was causing me some real anxiety, but as usual, everything was lined up right.

That 1% crit though :sweatdrop: Lucky it was on the dual attack and not the front one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

The wackier the better, this run is already incredibly absurd.