Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This looks like it'll be fun! I'm also happy to get in on a Fire Emblem LP when it's new, rather than way after the fact. Looking forward to more of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah it seems like he was "good" by the standards of an imperialistic monarch bending over backwards to keep a bunch of colonies in line. Which is bad but markedly less so than presented in canon.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's been so long since I've watched these cutscenes instead of skipping them that I forgot how utterly ridiculous and contrived this entire section was. No amount of rewriting can save it from being terrible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

wereboat posted:

In Revelations the entire cast jumps off a cliff because Corrin asks nicely.

I love/hate this stupid game so much sometimes.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

theshim posted:

Man, this LP is so...calculated. I suppose it has to be if you're attempting the mammoth task of training everyone, but...every move, every level, accounted for.

I love it. :getin:

Same, that's the best part of watching this (and his older Fates videos, which I've been poring through) imo, it really changes how I look at the game. I've always been a think on my feet, beat my head against the wall over and over until I figure it out kinda FE player. This kind of long term strategic planning around stats is really cool to watch.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah I'm not sure who he's gonna have Corrin marry based on the Dark Mage class selection. My best guess is Elise but she's really frail and has kinda poo poo accuracy without a lot of support. Also I'm not really sure why you'd want someone other than Ophelia to do that job anyways?

Whatever it ends up being is gonna get used really interestingly regardless, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh it's actually not exciting at all, just a weird quirk of how class inheritance works.

If Corrin or Kana marries someone who already has his talent, the spouse get the other game's equivalent of the class, which in this case is Diviner. So it's for Ophelia, while also giving Corrin access to Dark Knight later via heart seal instead of needing A support with Odin or Leo.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Apr 10, 2022