Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I didn't know there was a thread for this! I've been loving watching this series, and also going back and watching through the Verdant Wind Maddening playthrough on your channel, too. Your videos are fantastic.

Keldulas posted:

These Fates LPs really do make me sad that there's basically no follow-up to Fates. We can talk about how the writing is a disaster, or how the maps of Birthright/Revelation are kind of insipid and awful. But all the minutiae with the core gameplay design and tweaks shows that it was made by people that actually made a good effort to mixing it up. Conquest shows what the gameplay could've actually been, even if it has its own problems. And there's no follow-up. Three Houses doesn't count since it went back to formula in a lot of a ways, took mechanics from different Fire Emblems, and went in a different direction with the design.

It's a bit sad, is all.

While I loved Three Houses, and I enjoyed its freeform class system, I think I'd like it if a future game went back to basically Fates's class system. Each character having a base class with branching promotions, an alternate class with promotions, and then being able to learn classes from people they have close bonds with is really cool. It gives each unit more personality while also adding some cool mechanical spice to the support system. Especially with the way the series is leaning more and more into supports and strong characterization, having supports be a part of the class change system is neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU