Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

I just love the "all the tribespeople are savages that would sooner slit your throat than look at you. Oh, except for the ones in this room, they're The Good Ones(tm)"

Xander totally has a "spooky ghost" outfit in his closet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

I still love that they were so Gung ho on having corrin take their siblings to bone town that they completely destroyed the basic conceit of the paired games.

Granted, everything that got said this chapter came from hoshido, but ggg is still feeling cartoonishly evil.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The good guy Garon mod, where azura still goes "gently caress no, I don't want to move back. That Garon guy is evil as poo poo."

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

wereboat posted:

In Revelations the entire cast jumps off a cliff because Corrin asks nicely.

My favorite part about this statement is that it's completely literal.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I think my favorite part of the rube Goldberg plan is Hans repeatedly and actively trying to kill Corrin. Its just completely in opposition to the corrin guided bomb plan

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

midnight lasagna posted:

I think Zoran's past videos was the main reason I used Wyvern Elise in my LP. There were definitely a small amount of people reclassing Elise when the game first came out, but like Nosferatu Odin I don't really think it became the meta for a while and I never considered using either until I saw someone else doing it. I wonder if people would have held Odin in higher regard if Kilma's Nosferatu tome was droppable?

It's very weird to see Arthur getting good levels and Effie getting bad ones. I noticed he even got luck on his 10% growth...

I definitely remember people laughing at me en mass in the general fe thread when I found out how good wyvern elise was in a gimmick run right after release.

Also, you've got some bizarre units right now. An Elise that gains defense? An Odin with a hefty attack stat? It's madness in here.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Keldulas posted:

It’s interesting to note that about Nyx. It almost feels like she’s an experiment to see how far you can push ‘Luck and Skill doesn’t matter. Turns out that the critical point there is when you can’t manage 100% accuracy with the most accurate tome.

I honestly feel like it's her bulk that let's her down less than her skill. In FE6, Gonzales has basically the same stat lineup, but with a stupid high hp pool and gba dodge calculations so that when he gambles on his haymakers a single miss doesn't spell death. Nyx on the other hand is made of wet tissue paper and will get instantly obliterated if anything goes wrong, which.... is not very desirable on a gambling focused unit.

But yeah, skill and luck aren't useless, they just fall off hard once you get enough and 99% of fe units will have enough. The difference between 20 and 30 str/spd/defense is miles wider than the difference between 20 and 30 skill. But the difference between 0 and 10 skill/luck is just as massive as the big stats.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So GGG just kind of... left the mission where you recruit Mozu to join the people that just killed her villiage to the man (sans her). And it's still nice and vague about Corrin's group and their goals because it's the same dialogue on both routes.

Every time you put one of these up I'm amazed again at all the planning that went into this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

My God, not just a full clear, but a full clear where Camilla only killed a single dude.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

The most frustrating part of this map when you haven't nuked it to all hell like we just watched is that the dried ground is sunk beneath the regular terrain. I think it's gotten me at least once a run where I've missed a dude partially concealed by a wall and then they jump out onto the dock and shank one of my guys.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Wyvern Elise is so fun, and I'm glad the squares lost out in the end on that one.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Walla posted:

No, their level cap is still 40. The only real use is picking up some late game skills really early, like if you want Warp and Inspiration on Felicia or something.

Felicia/Jacob can actually hit 60 in that case. Their normal level cap is boosted by 20.

Gunter seems to get 10 so you could get him to be a level 50 dread fighter if you were a cool cat.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm guessing it's the same system that gives them all reduced exp penalties, so its less for the cap and more to make him get a bit more exp.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

When heroes came out I made an entire team of +10 Jagens because it was funny.

Also Gunter is the best Jagen because he randomly turns into an endgame boss on one route and that was hilarious.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

If two of the same class would get passed down, it shifts to the parents second option, so I believe that ophelia/kana would pick up samurai. The game is pretty good about not letting you screw yourself over like that

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I like how the justification for attacking corrin completely ignored Hans murking gunter.

And poor Charlotte. Such a fun unit to use, but those stats as a backpack...

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

So are you watching the other player's videos or are you going into your leg blind in order to maximize your confusion at everyone else's decisions?

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I think the funniest thing about this lp is watching kills get thrown to max that exp gain from enemies. For example:

We finally picked up the bolt axe! Elise has become death, destroyer of worlds*

*worlds limited to a single pack of enemies at mission start, then back to throwing axes to deal trivial chip damage to 16 billion enemies rather than kill 3 or 4 of them.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

My favorite part is everyone going "wtf guys" followed by going "I must use this -precious resource here- right now or else someone else will use it" and then devoting the entire map to doing something goofy with it.

Or in Zorans case, just casually map clearing ch 10 again with all that nonsense.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Seriously I'm glad you pointed us to it, I'm loving the not so cooperative run.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Rip boots. I'm sorry, but it was for the challenge run.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

I'm not even sure how you would beat that level without it.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

This chapter in a nutshell: Good news! We unlocked Ophelia and I made her awesome!

Bad news! The challenge means I have to desperately ration her out rather than just throw her solo into everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Forget that, I'm just waiting to see the attempt to make a man out of seigbert